Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. W

Spurs 1 King Gary's Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

So I thought if it wasn't David Coleman being a bit snooty about Peter Knowles it must've been Kenneth "They think it's all over" Wolstenholme. Not true though. Check out YouTube, brilliant Steve Lowe scrapbook footage of Knocker's exhilerating talent, joy to watch, and KW doesn't really...
  2. W

Maybe that was my Wolves chip on the shoulder "they're all against us"...? Hope not. Probably just me.
  3. W

Agree with Evthewolf, the classy Neves and Moutinho went sideways and measured - whereas Gomes and Lemina go forwards and explosive. (- although, lets not forget Brentford 1 - 2 Wolves, Mouts bends our classy first goal, Toney gets theirs back, Ruben gets our winner, Adama sews it up, but...
  4. W

An apology to Gary O'Neil

With Nuno we had the novelty of football in the championship based on a passing game, but also the wonderful chemistry of New Hungry Manager with a New Underdog Team - as a result of which we finally got out! - and continued with that cultured, positive stuff for two seasons. The heart-broken...
  5. W

We are Wrexham

I love Wolves and Wolvo. As I've said boringly before, how could you not love Wolves when you're a kid of 5 in 1950 and Wolves are going to be brilliant all through every one of your junior school days when you're kicking a stone around the playground and saying to yourself "I'm wearing Old...
  6. W

Wolves v Preston. Carabao Cup 2nd Round. Comms thread.

If Forest get the other Hwang, maybe we can offer them a BOGOF?
  7. W

Graeme Souness

Brilliant stuff by The Concourse. Let's not be ashamed to remember that the average footie team grew out of the busy days of heavy engineering with blokes - players and supporters - doing heavy and soul-destroying work, making the game an escape and a rough one. (which is why every club's got...
  8. W

Jeff and Goncalo Caption Competition

See, you're a GG, and our fans call a GG an "oss" and they worship at a statue of the mon on the oss. Glad you came, ****?
  9. W

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Spot on.. The Prem doesn't give you the ball back very often or very quickly, so give it to them - as MGW did sometimes - and you're in trouble. Odd that we should be quibbling about the guy's obvious talent/usefulness while at the the same time not managing, so far, to get Amazon to deliver...
  10. W

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

We've got Noddy Holder and half of Led Zepplin. It's off Summer Transfer thread, but - that is spot on - we ARE moan-ey and idiots - and always on a stairway to heaven and never trampled underfoot. ...oh, but, there again, it's the transfer season...
  11. W

I Thank You.

Mid 1950s I was 10. What a time to love Wolves! You're just getting into football, playing it, looking for heroes to follow and brag about in the school playground, and there they are, on the doorstep, Wolves! 1949 Wembley to 1960 Wembley via three championships and floodlit epics against...
  12. W

Bruno Lage

I'd like to say "Why wouldn't you give Chiquinho a chance ahead of those gutless ****ers?!" but you have already said it, and absolutely spot on. Sadly, it's looking like Bruno is getting to be the gutless one. What's so hard about attacking? And what's so hard about deciding to sub players...
  13. W

Away Fans

Great atmosphere v Vile, agree. Wish all of you trekking up there to be "Them Portugese Away Fans" a great,.great night! Think my biggest "I ****ing intensely dislike away fans!" was losing 3-4 late on to Baggies at Molineux. We in the North Bank ( raucous and loud back then) collectively...
  14. W

Away Fans

Nice range of responses, what thoughtful geysers and geyser-esses we are. Nuno at his worst (wishing the good guy all the best) sometimes gave us games with a sort of horrible inevitability creeping in, whjere you knew, soon, before the end of the match, that whole touchline stretch of away...
  15. W

Away Fans

My thoughts also. I guess the lesson is - ignore other managers plus keep kamikaze defending to the few and very far between!
  16. W

Away Fans

Jesse March of Leeds reckons we make it hard on ourselves with giving visiting fans that length-of-the-pitch Steve Bull area, can too easily lift their team, pressure us. Any alternatives? Or shouldn't we care?
  17. W

Is the iconic Wolves badge the most recognisable of the Premier League teams?

As a little kid 500 years ago I was once on Snow Hill Station in Brum - coming home to Wolverhampton with my dad - and saw lots of bags and baskets on the platform with chalked-on labels saying "WOLVES". Instinctively knew they weren't wild animals or new players, just stuff on its way to Wolvo...
  18. W

Nottingham Forest Verdict

ps to the ps...re my "Are we the only team to have been managed by a Little and a Lage?"...I must've been over-excited...thinking of Ian Greaves not Brian Little, so apologies for madness.
  19. W

Nottingham Forest Verdict

Isn't that just sooooo welcome? We still love you Nuno, but that would NOT have happened pre-Bruno. Early days, but wonderful to see a Wolves team on the front foot. Loved 0-1 against Spuds, ( and weren't we a great and witty crowd?) loved 4-0 against Forest, what matters is a bit of...
  20. W

Some people are on the pitch

My daughter had been born in April of that year, and was in my arms at the point when we scored...fortunately I caught her on her way down after I'd thrown her up in the air!
Back
Top Bottom