Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Palace

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last home game of the season, maybe last chance for thousands of Wolves fans to see some of our stars live.

Bellegarde back with a good second half, Bueno (S) and Doyle too. Will Neto play a cameo?

Same approach or try something different? Reserves get an outing?

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Bellegarde Hwang Cunha

Subs Bentley Bueno Doc Doyle Traore Sarabia Neto Chirewa Fraser

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Last home game of the season, maybe last chance for thousands of Wolves fans to see some of our stars live.

Bellegarde back with a good second half, Bueno (S) and Doyle too. Will Neto play a cameo?

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Bellegarde Hwang Cunha

This team for me!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meh… that’s all I can manage this season now I think. Let’s look forward to the summer, get some things in place early so we can have a really productive preseason. The games left are largely irrelevant bar the prize money

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
S Bueno, Kilman, Toti
Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, RAN
Sarabia, Hwang, Cunha

Very harsh on Traore but think that front three and formation works pretty well together.

stevev53

Reaction score
Sa
S Bueno, Kilman, Toti
Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, RAN
Sarabia, Hwang, Cunha

Very harsh on Traore but think that front three and formation works pretty well together.
Wouldn’t have Sarabia anywhere near a starting place . In my opinion he is the only one actually on the beach

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Bellegarde Hwang Cunha

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Don't want to see Neto. He's off in the Summer and the best thing is to let everyone assume his hamstrings are fine. What's the point in risking that for half an hour in a game where we have all our other attacking options?
Sa
Santi-Kilman-Toti
Semedo-Lemina-Gomes-RAN
Bellegarde-Hwang-Cunha

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo S.Bueno Toti RAN
Lemina Gomes Doyle
Cunha Neto
Hwang

Go for it!! Time to grow a pair and drop our captain. He ain’t been at it lately. Doyle comes back in
Eze and Olise might have a field day against that back 4, MEW.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Killman Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina RAN
Sarabia Hwang Cunha
Happy to see Bellegarde, Doyle and Traore get plenty of minutes too.
Could play Hugo and keep RAN in the front 3 as an option too, but I think I like him best joining in from the wingback position.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo
S Bueno
Kilman
Toti
Alt Nouri
Gomes
Lemina
Cunha
Hwang
Neto

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not bothered who plays as long as they are switched on and try.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Meh… that’s all I can manage this season now I think. Let’s look forward to the summer, get some things in place early so we can have a really productive preseason. The games left are largely irrelevant bar the prize money
I think it's important to try and finish the season at home with a win but also looking at the fixtures left if we do win we probably finish where we are but lose and potentially finish 2 places lower making it possibly a £4 million pound game, so quite a big game in my eyes.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
----------------Sa-------------
-------Bueno---Kilman---Toti-----
-Semedo------------------Ait-Nouri-
----------Lemina---Gomes-----------
--------------Bellegarde-------------
----------Hwang-----Cunha---------

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
He might’ve done ok as a 9 in a front 2 versus Luton, but if it’s Hwang again centrally then I need to see two forwards either side. He’s most effective in the box.

Cunha - Hwang - Sarabia or Bellegarde

Out forward combos could cook in 4231 but I just don’t trust the current personnel for a back 4.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say this is a massively important game.

Beat Palace and they cannot catch us and Fulham would need to win both (including vs City to catch us).

Likely that West Ham (Luton H) and Bournemouth (Brentford H) would still be ahead. Brighton not obvious with Newcastle, Chelsea and Man Utd left to play.

So I’d venture a win is worth £6m and possibly £9m.

Also matches West Brom’s highest ever PL points total!!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game is now a must not lose IMO.

Maybe even must win?

A chance to finish as high as 9th or 10th but lose and we could go as low as 14th by the end of the Liverpooop game.

£8 million to play for.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Santi
Kilman
Toti
Nouri

Gomes
Lemina

Bellgarde
Hwang
Cunha

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We match up terribly against Palace who are everything that we hate to play against.

In fairness I’m ready for the season to finish now, this is our last realistic chance of winning a game this term so I hope we go as strong as possible.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Palace will be a really tough game. They're a transformed side over recent months since Roy left. Munoz and Wharton have both been great Jan signings and they're a different proposition going forward when Olise and Eze are both fit. Olise is up there with the best players in the league and destined for the very top imo.

I'd go 3-5-2 and play a deep defensive line in this one. I'd get one of the midfield three (likely Gomes or Traore) to pay special attention to Olise too. Semedo back to RWB, RAN to LWB and Santi Bueno back as RCB in the absence of any better options. I'd take a 1-0 win and a similar performance to home at Man City. If we try to play expansively with a high line they'll win comfortably I fear so a more defensive set-up required for this one I reckon.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace will tear us a new one. What a **** end to the season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace will tear us a new one. What a **** end to the season.
They are a team with upwards momentum. Our trend has been downwards, despite odd blips, ever since we lost the whole forward line. Hence l fear that you could be right.

I really hope that loss of momentum is the only similarity with the Lage era. At least the players are properly fit.....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
eze olise mateta we need to be sensible when we play palace build and not be stupid and get a hiding against a team which won't do us well

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
eze olise mateta we need to be sensible when we play palace build and not be stupid and get a hiding against a team which won't do us well
If we try to be as open as we were against Citeh - which was absolute lunacy to even try - Palace's pace will rip us a new one.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least last night will provide some realism that Saturday is tough. Will be a good atmosphere- need massively to win.

2-1 Cunha and Hwang.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
as much as it sounds ridiculous this is kinda must win

win Saturday guarantees 12th

cements higher point total than last year and league position best total since nunos last 7th and gives us some confidence to end with alongside home win for fans

massive

lose and we are looking at maybe 14th

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh. I fear for our frail defence if those three play as they did v Manure.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes massive game Saturday....could be the difference for a lot of us from being reasonable content with the season (despite a few frustrations) to being concerned over the summer...

Let's end it with a high at home.... We've dug in deep enough times this season when it mattered....

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Crystal Palace will play against Wolves, as they did yesterday against United, Wolves will need to be in top form to beat this inform team.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Santi
Toti
RAN

Bouba
Lemina
Gomes