Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

City verdict

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Obviously a diagraceful performance.

We gifted them 4 of the 5 goals.

GON trying to be to clever, was never going to work, not for the 1st time.

Killman simply not good enough without experienced help. Should never be captain, sets entirely the wrong tone and standard.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loose on the ball and far too open against a top side like that. Was a naive setup from GON, not helped from poor individual errors from the likes of Cunha and Kilman.

No disgrace to lose, but that was a bit embarrassing.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I begin to fear that the 2-3 Coventry loss may go onto be viewed in the same light as the 2-3 Leeds loss under Lage. That is our 6th defeat in the last 9 games, and 19 conceded. Our reliance on 34 year old Craig Dawson has been laid bare - "captain" Kilman has simply failed to step up to the plate.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible performance

Terrible VAR yet again

Kilman needs selling , and we need more attackers who can actually play football

Over to fosun to **** up another transfer window

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I begin to fear that the 2-3 Coventry loss may go onto be viewed in the same light as the 2-3 Leeds loss under Lage. That is our 6th defeat in the last 9 games, and 19 conceded. Our reliance on 34 year old Craig Dawson has been laid bare - "captain" Kilman has simply failed to step up to the plate.
CB position needs huge investment in the summer, preferably funded by Kilman's sale.

Such signings should be able to play in both a 4 and a 5!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Today's game irrelevant but if we'd secured the same number of points over the whole season instead of this dramatic dip at the end I think people on here wouldn't be quite as at each others throats.

This spell has killed off the good spirits in this forum regarding what has been, in the circumstances, a successful season. Not saying FOSUN/ Jeff would be immune from criticism, just that it wouldn't be so concentrated at this stage.

Nothing of note can happen on the pitch now, we desperately need a good close season.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is and always has been overrated toti is a far better defender.

They were on the beach today

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to the comms thread, many stop watching when they don't like a VAR decision.
I don't get that.
Even when we are playing poorly and my interest lessens, I don't turn off.
I want to see how my team is going to do.
How did they do? Terribly. A lack of nerve with frequent clumsy control and poor passing.
Lots of work to be done - as always.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bits to be encouraged about but overall well beaten by one of the best sides in the world. No need for overreactions as they would have beaten most teams tonight.
But we have to learn from the defeats . I think GON is good enough and will do that. But I don’t expect Fosun to listen .

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
This year’s equivalent of the Brighton and Arsenal games. Not helped by ****ty refereeing for the first but looked fairly awful defensively throughout.

Gomes our best player. Traore and Sa did ok and thought Bellegarde looked sharper than I thought he would be after a couple of month’s absence.

Sa 6
Semedo 5
Kilman 4
Toti 5
H Bueno 5
Lemina 5
Gomes 7
Traore 6
RAN 5
Cunha 5
Hwang 6

Bellegarde 6

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One positive Hwang has continued his form pre new year only played 4/5 games since that period of disruption of internationals and injurys 2 in w should be 3 in 3 (Bournemouth was disallowed but it was a fair goal took well).

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Today's game irrelevant but if we'd secured the same number of points over the whole season instead of this dramatic dip at the end I think people on here wouldn't be quite as at each others throats.

This spell has killed off the good spirits in this forum regarding what has been, in the circumstances, a successful season. Not saying FOSUN/ Jeff would be immune from criticism, just that it wouldn't be so concentrated at this stage.

Nothing of note can happen on the pitch now, we desperately need a good close season.
No league game in involving Wolverhampton Wanderers is irrelevant.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with GON I blame the group

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to play for. City rarely got out of second gear if at all. Injuries haven’t helped. GON’s pessimistic post Coventry outlook on the remaining games seems to have translated into performances. Luton aside, who were game but poor, we’ve not been very good from the Coventry game onwards.

At least we’ve scored more than a goal a game for the first time in three seasons so that’s a plus.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again second game running I watched the first 25 mins and turned it off

We look far to slow on the ball. Lack any creativity. Far too deep. We stood off city way too much. They punished our mistakes

If Max is still our captain next season, we won’t improve he hasn’t improved since Lage left. We need to upgrade the spine of the team. Finding creative outlets

The defence is a shambles. Semedo does some good things then walks into danger. Really disappointed with Bueno. It’s like without Dawson we lack any leadership. Without Neto we don’t have a play maker.

Seriously need to bring in some quality this summer or we are asking for trouble.

On the beach performance. Onwards to Palace let’s restore some pride. Will be a tough game.

As others have said the Coventry game has really knocked the stuffing out of us and what has still been a successful season of staying in the league.

Pre season is huge. Hoping the likes of Lembikisa, Cundle, Chiquinho all get a chance to prove themselves even as back up. They offer qualities we need rather than some kids.

Our man of the match Bouba or Joao Gomes tried but let down by others….

Lick our wounds and move on. We learn. Hopefully we learnt a few things we can take from Citeh today

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first pen was really harsh, Sa saved a couple. But let's face it we got spanked.

But with all the faults and individual mistakes no club can really compete with City - we certainly can't, unless they have an off day and get a load of luck.

They have four times our turnover, over a decade of spending hundreds of millions, they have the best manager the world game as well as some of the best players in the world. They are probably going to win the prem for the 4th time in a row.

We didn't lay a glove on them, but FFS let's not slag off our boys too much.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to lie, didn’t watch the second half. My main takes from the bits I did watch though… that stat about us being ranked 20th in terms of giving the ball away in dangerous areas is getting nowhere near enough focus. That is the single biggest thing thing we could improve on for next season. It all comes back to the defence. Dawson is a great old pro, without him the rest of our centre halves are average at best. Any sort of decent money for Kilman this summer, take it and get a couple of decent centre halves, who can play in a 4 or a 5. Our team would transform overnight.

Can’t have a verdict thread without mentioning the first penalty though. I mean, if even a penalty summed up perfectly the EPL that was it. Laughable how biased this league is to the top clubs. It’s not corruption, that would suggest something sinister is at play. It’s pure bias. The incessant need to cosy up to the big boys. Sycophantic ****stains the lot of them.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shrug. All a bit daft, really. Man City were always going to be 200% for this one.

Neto and Cunha's injuries killed our momentum stone dead this season, the Coventry defeat nailed the lid of the coffin. It's just been a case of going through the motions since then.

O'Neil needs to be careful, stock can fall as quickly as it rises, and this is all pretty much identical to how the Lage season played out. A purple patch from Christmas til the end of February, then 2 wins from 11, and probably going to end up 13th after so much promise. It is what it is, but the season can't end quick enough for fans or players alike.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
No league game in involving Wolverhampton Wanderers is irrelevant.
...it kind of is. Most important thing today as soon as it was over as a contest was no injuries.

I know we like to think that we'll still fight hard at this stage of the season, but it hasn't been the case for donkeys years. See also: relegated Sunderland in final game of Nunos first season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. They may be the best club side in the world, but they are so boring to watch.

Merson called it weeks ago. The second you give them a lead in the title race it's game over. They've lost something like 3 games in all competitions all season and 0 since October, and no one has really noticed. They have the likes of Grealish and Nunes who cost a combined 150 million and who they'd miss in no way whatsoever. No one can compete with them, not least a side piddling around in mid table. It should be the fixture you look forward to the most, but it's the literal opposite. Even their own fans are bored ****less because they know there's next to no jeopardy. What were we, something like 25/1 to win today? That should be absolutely ridiculous with some of the players we have, but at the same time it's completely accurate. They bore the tits off me. Sorry but they do.

Last edited:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City just too good for us, ably assisted by pawson and shatwell.

Next

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just glad that game is over.

Poor goals to give away, but City are on a different planet.

Haaland was always going to do that against us imo. He’s been out a few weeks and is now fully fit, but Max was pretty weak against him, especially for his fourth.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor front to back.. don’t think anyone needs to be singled out. Maybe only Gomes for being the one player who looked anything like himself.

Back
Top Bottom