Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester City (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6240.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. It’s nice to go into a game on the back of a win, it’s been a while. Thought we played pretty well against Luton, we just made it nervy at the end by not taking chances. A very different test today though!

I think we all know today will be probably our toughest game of the season. Man City, especially at home, push you to your limit physically and mentally, and most sides just can’t stick with them over 90+ minutes. I think we have the players to cause them problems, it’s whether our defence can keep them out.

In terms of line-up, difficult to know really how fit some players are. I’d be tempted to stick as best we can to a winning side though.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti
Doherty Lemina Traore Gomes Ait-Nouri
Cunha Hwang

Bentley, Bueno, Bueno, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Neto, Chirewa, Gonzalez, Fraser

It would be great if we could pick up a result but it’s important not to get too fussy over the result. Of the three games we’ve got left I’d say this is the one we’re least likely to get a result, so it’s about showing up, being brave and seeing what happens. If City are on it, which they usually are at this point in the season, then it could be a tough afternoon. But we’ve beaten them once this season…

Whether you’re following from Manchester, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A draw would be an immense result and dent their title hopes. Can't see anything but a serious defeat, but?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on the Wolves!! Let’s give them reminder, the giant killers are in town. Make it a hard and frustrating game for city. Press them up get in their faces.

Hopefully we can make a game of it. Bouba has to start with his energy in the middle. Playing on the break and keeping the ball is key.

We shouldn’t be scared of them. Absolutely no pressure on us to get a result here. Cunha has the pace to unlock any defence.

Hard game but you never know. If we can rattle them early doors. Something good will come?!

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Just got to try and stay in the game as long as possible and take any half chance we get. It's a big big ask tho, City are generally unplayable at the business end of the season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last away game for me....can't be bothered with Liverpool....going out with a bang hopefully.....

Come on me babbies......
I shall do Liverpool well knowing they won't be crowned champions (unless things go really tits up), so won't have that rammed down my throat. Todays a strange one as I don't Arteta and his mob win the title either so not sure what outcome I want. Perhaps a scoring draw so City can still pip the Londoners.

See you later pal, all being well.

Reaction score
Setting off up there in about an hour or so and, although I don't give us much chance of an upset, I'm looking forward to it and always travel with hope in my heart.

We need the defence to really stand up today as they will exploit any weakness.

It looks like, despite GON's comments yesterday, there will still be no Neto in the match day squad so we need Hwang and Cunha to take whatever half-chances might drop their way.

C'mon me Babbies!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we know from previous encounters it's pace that can hurt Man City so Cunha, Hwang and Ait-Nouri are our danger men. Traore, Lemina and Gomes have to be our dogs of war. Sa and the defence, try not to make silly errors. Doherty, well, just stick with it.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got 30-1 on a Wolves win, so had to put a couple of quid on. Shows how far we are off City with those odds but is it really that big a gap?
Don't expect anything but there's always a chance, especially if we can stop them scoring early. Not that I want Arsenal as champions either, though they've practiced the celebrations at our ground last season.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more this week has gone on, talking to people about the game, I have had a sneaky butterfly feeling about this. Like a story, a headline, about Wolves awaits.

I have woken up today, dont ask why, I think we could do something special that would be looked back on for years to come, by everyone for obvious reasons, not just us.

Anyone else have a similar feeling, or have I just had too much sangria the past few weeks?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
They have a fully fit team no CL distractions we have players that are still getting back to fitness and no Dawson in defence, which will be a big miss can’t see anything other than a routine Man City win

Also the idea of arsenal winning the title is nauseating

Last edited:

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The powers that be will want a super duper last day of the season with at least two teams still in contention for their world wide audience, so I don’t expect any decisions to go our way; but good luck everyone who is going.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The powers that be will want a super duper last day of the season with at least two teams still in contention for their world wide audience, so I don’t expect any decisions to go our way; but good luck everyone who is going.
Except a result for us today makes for a better last day of the season :p

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What odds on Greasy doing a tumbling act in our penalty area, and his artistry being rewarded with a routine, VAR recommended, Citeh penalty?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more this week has gone on, talking to people about the game, I have had a sneaky butterfly feeling about this. Like a story, a headline, about Wolves awaits.

I have woken up today, dont ask why, I think we could do something special that would be looked back on for years to come, by everyone for obvious reasons, not just us.

Anyone else have a similar feeling, or have I just had too much sangria the past few weeks?
You've been drinking sangria for WEEKS? Wow, you certainly deserve a 'feeling' of some sorts, I just don't know exactly which sort.
:cool:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened. If we were to pull off a victory today, we would have done the league double TWICE over City in their period of greatest PL dominance (2019- now). I bet we would be the only team in the PL to have done that. Cummon Wolves, you can do it!!!!!!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope all heading to Manchester on what a lovely Sunny Saturday have a good one.

Just like this weekend last year, I so happened to very narrowly lose an election the day before (this year by 77, after 46 last year), so any kind of result on the pitch will make me pleased.

And the way we beat City on September 30th, we know that anything is possible; not least with Cunha and Hwang both back and both scoring.

Finally - and also like 12 months ago, I am doing the Great Birmingham Run 10K tomorrow with work; this year being for Cure Leukaemia.

I will run it with Carl Ikeme in the mind, knowing how much CL did to support him in 2017/2018 and any donations can be made at Kashmire's Brummie Run 2024

Hope all have a great Bank Holiday and Up The Wolves!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
For Wolves fans living or visiting Germany today.
Kick Off local time is 18:30! Live on German Sky!
438160778_10231437884431849_1516751399219801849_n.jpg

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've matched City in the past and will do so again in the future, but not today. They have too much at stake to slip up, and we're still patched and plastered. I also think Bournemouth with take something off Arsenal, which will crank up City's motivation for later tenfold.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coffee and a bacon sarnie dispatched and now to begin the pre-match with moderation being the key word at all times

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think it is a foregone conclusion that Manchester City will win this evening, but cast your minds back to last Sunday. If Chris Wood hadn’t got his boots on the wrong feet he could have had a couple of goals. So there is every likelihood that Wolves will get a chance or two, just got to make sure those chances are taken.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we get hammered but score 1 or 2 it’s good sign of breaking down the champs

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to think it is a foregone conclusion that Manchester City will win this evening, but cast your minds back to last Sunday. If Chris Wood hadn’t got his boots on the wrong feet he could have had a couple of goals. So there is every likelihood that Wolves will get a chance or two, just got to make sure those chances are taken.
Think our defence will need to have their wits about them. We may carve out a couple of chances but they are likely to create more.
Makes for an interesting game with our coach watching from the stands, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom