Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre season tour

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Wolverhampton Wanderers are in advanced discussions to play in a new pre-season Premier League mini tour in the United States this summer.

Elite Tournaments — an organisation best known for staging youth soccer and lacrosse competitions — are in negotiations with the clubs to host the three-city Premier League event in late July.

Matches will be staged at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Maryland, Everbank Stadium in Jacksonville and a yet-to-be confirmed stadium in Tampa Bay.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Think we could have done with a preseason closer to home this year. Following the Euros, not sure if it's a great idea to haul the squad over to the US to play Premier League opposition. I'm sure it might be okay for the bank balance and maybe 'brand awareness' but, even though players travel in luxury, I think it will take it out if them a lot more rather than a preseason in somewhere like Portugal, Austria or Germany. Quite like us playing different teams from different leagues in friendlies. Games against Palace and West Ham doesn't exactly get the juices flowing and I'm not sure of the benefits of playing the same old teams we play against season after season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we could have done with a preseason closer to home this year. Following the Euros, not sure if it's a great idea to haul the squad over to the US to play Premier League opposition. I'm sure it might be okay for the bank balance and maybe 'brand awareness' but, even though players travel in luxury, I think it will take it out if them a lot more rather than a preseason in somewhere like Portugal, Austria or Germany. Quite like us playing different teams from different leagues in friendlies. Games against Palace and West Ham doesn't exactly get the juices flowing and I'm not sure of the benefits of playing the same old teams we play against season after season.
We will hardly have any players in the Euros....they will be given an extended break as well.....we will have plenty enough players to take to USA.....

It's a good set of opponents to judge some players against.... especially some on the fringes....

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Copa America potentially taking away Cunha, Gomes, Santi, Mosquera, Lembikisa, etc.
Didn't realise that was on....was just responding to the euros...

It won't matter anyway....it's no big deal it's only pre season.....least we have some proper opposition this time., as apposed to rushing and aving to play scratch teams in benidorm....be good for a few even the youngsters or to have a look at the likes of chiquhinho, hoever etc before we make a descision on them.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but this July Wrexham are playing the Vancouver Whitecaps and my wife has bought tickets…..
Guess I’m going.

Asked her what seats we got and they’re kinda in the nosebleeds for $100 each.Asked her why we didn’t get a couple near the centre line and was informed that those one are a $1000………

A $1000 each for Wrexham?……geez…….I don’t even want to go for free.

edit……average price at centre is about $250 - $350.

Last edited:

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but this July Wrexham are playing the Vancouver Whitecaps and my wife has bought tickets…..
Guess I’m going.

Asked her what seats we got and they’re kinda in the nosebleeds for $100 each.Asked her why we didn’t get a couple near the centre line and was informed that those one are a $1000………

A $1000 each for Wrexham?……geez…….I don’t even want to go for free.
crazy stuff really. If youre paying $1000 to watch a team you only knew existed a few years ago thanks to a manufactured tv show you really have got more money than sense.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
crazy stuff really. If youre paying $1000 to watch a team you only knew existed a few years ago thanks to a manufactured tv show you really have got more money than sense.
No kidding.
Although I wonder how many also hope to see Ryan Reynolds. Later I will have a look and see how many tickets are sold. Maybe those prices will come down.

Begs the question…..how much would it cost to see Wolves play in Florida?

Back
Top Bottom