Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA charge GON

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Banned for telling the truth yet **** all happens to the incompetent refs.
You think he was banned for telling the truth or for being unruly, (or whatever happened in that refs’ room )?
I suspect the latter.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably true but if the refs weren’t incompetent we wouldn’t have these issues.
These charges are happening so often because the decisions are so much harder and infuriating to take after some incompetent idiot in a studio still manages to get it wrong. The refs get the brunt of it because they are there and, to be honest, they deserve the stick they get.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably true but if the refs weren’t incompetent we wouldn’t have these issues.
We all get the emotion but that’s no excuse…..hence the ban.
I had wondered if the ban would be longer but thankfully it’s not.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not suprised he got a ban….. I said he would the moment the charges were announced.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was only one game because he accepted the charge as a kind of plea deal due to the fact on the whole, he has been very respectful to the refs even though they have dropped more than a few clangers in relation to us!!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not suprised he got a ban….. I said he would the moment the charges were announced.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it was only one game because he accepted the charge as a kind of plea deal due to the fact on the whole, he has been very respectful to the refs even though they have dropped more than a few clangers in relation to us!!!
To be honest it's hard to respect a bunch of arrogant, semi (at best) competent clowns. Their decision making is so consistently dire that if they aren't incompetent then frankly they must be corrupt.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is he actually alleged to have done, anyway? I’ve read something about trying to kick the refs door down and being restrained but I’m taking that with a pinch of salt.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In some ways this is going to throw more light on the VAR debacle.
During the live broadcast, various shots of Wolves manager GON serving his touchline ban due to.. bla bla..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why do people think it could have been worse?
I didn't, but it still could be apparently.

Thing is most people on here sympathise, many would probably have behaved similarly (not that we really know exactly what happened), but you can't really condone anything aggressive or abusive. At the end of the day the ref is just trying to do his job and none of us would expect to be treated that way in a workplace.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't, but it still could be apparently.

Thing is most people on here sympathise, many would probably have behaved similarly (not that we really know exactly what happened), but you can't really condone anything aggressive or abusive. At the end of the day the ref is just trying to do his job and none of us would expect to be treated that way in a workplace.
I get what you’re saying and also it wasn’t solely down to the ref. The VAR officials basically tell the on field official what decision to make without actually saying it, you can tell from released audio what they think the final outcome should be but don’t want to be seen as re-refereeing.

I think a lot of frustration and friction with managers could be fixed with better behind the scenes communication. Actually talk to managers like human beings and build an actual relationship of trust wherever you go.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying and also it wasn’t solely down to the ref. The VAR officials basically tell the on field official what decision to make without actually saying it, you can tell from released audio what they think the final outcome should be but don’t want to be seen as re-refereeing.

I think a lot of frustration and friction with managers could be fixed with better behind the scenes communication. Actually talk to managers like human beings and build an actual relationship of trust wherever you go.
Yes, unlike the earlier errors, which we mostly onfield refs giving poor decisions and VARs failing to over-rule them, the last two have been VARs going out of their way to cancel out goals.

Hardly dare mention the iPad, but the ability of managers to watch the incident, combined with VAR is a huge part of the problem. VAR supposedly guarantees no major errors (but has just cancelled two goals for what infringements that are arguable at most). O'Neil watches that and then sees the ref sent to a screen by a VAR telling him he's just made a clear error. We'd all be pretty mad. Still have to treat people with respect though.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He lost it and got punished,he said so himself
It wont matter as IPads work anywhere and im sure Man City have a nice box for him to sit in lol

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These charges are happening so often because the decisions are so much harder and infuriating to take after some incompetent idiot in a studio still manages to get it wrong. The refs get the brunt of it because they are there and, to be honest, they deserve the stick they get.
Yeah but they're the same people! That's the problem!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s fixed, simple as that. A perfectly timed one match ban against Man City with Attwell assigned as the referee to ensure City win and they keep their stage managed league exciting for as long as possible. I’m so over this **** league.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s fixed, simple as that. A perfectly timed one match ban against Man City with Attwell assigned as the referee to ensure City win and they keep their stage managed league exciting for as long as possible. I’m so over this **** league.
Name change during summer recess

WWEFC.

Back
Top Bottom