Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Luton Town verdict thread.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was great today.....he is never going to win headers or outmuscle defenders but he comes alive in the box and his movement is great...looked a little shaper today.....

Had his season not been interrupted by the Asia cup , he could easily be on 16/18 goals.....shame it was curtailed to be fair., it's took him till nw to get his momentum back....
I thought he offered us an outlet that has sadly being missing during our injury crisis. However, his hold up play and touch at times left something to be desired.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First 75 mins totally out played them. Wasted three great chances then inevitably conceded . Could have thrown it away but didnt thankfully. Lemina, cunha, traore semedo had good games. Enjoyed the match a lot. Lets aim for 50 pts

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he offered us an outlet that has sadly being missing during our injury crisis. However, his hold up play and touch at times left something to be desired.
His hold up play and first touch has always been terrible but he works hard, makes good runs, occupies defenders and knows where the goal is, he's a good option in our squad. He also seems a good guy, just wish he'd be a bit less histrionic when a defender brushes him.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.
Glad you enjoyed your Saturday afternoon.
A lot of people including me will disagree with your last sentence
Each to their own

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved the 3 points and now in the top half. The quality came flooding back today against a determined Luton side.
You clearly didn't watch if you think Luton were determined.

Taking nothing away from Wolves, it was a good performance, but made infinitely easier by a lacklustre and downtrodden Luton side who showed next to no desire until two goals down.

Let's be honest, they weren't the Luton Town we've been watching on MOTD.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.
Says a man with more than 28,000 comments on a Wolves forum.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You clearly didn't watch if you think Luton were determined.

Taking nothing away from Wolves, it was a good performance, but made infinitely easier by a lacklustre and downtrodden Luton side who showed next to no desire until two goals down.

Let's be honest, they weren't the Luton Town we've been watching on MOTD.
When teams play bad it’s them being bad? Not us stopping them. When roles are reversed? It’s down to them being better at stopping us. Their midfield, mainly Barkley has been really good this season, we shut him down well yesterday

Reaction score
Never mind the quality, feel the win!

Overall it was a comfortable victory but we do like to make things difficult for ourselves at times. Once we were 2 up we got a bit sloppy and casual in the final third and failed to put the game out of sight.
Luton were very poor I thought and as much as I would like to see them finish above Forest I just can't see it on that showing.

Boubacar and Semedo were the two stand-out performers for me although Mario and Doc also did well.

It is nice, however, to finally have a bit of a threat up front. He's not always perfect with his first touch or some of his decision-making but Hwang does give us something we badly lack when he doesn't play. If only he and Cunha had stayed fit these last two months who knows what we would have achieved (possibly a cup final appearance and a top 8 finish?)

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance helped by Luton’s 1-1 marking and our movement and pace given us an outlet.

As Gary said - first time Hwang and Cunha started this year. During which time we’ve played 14 games and picked up 15 points (in contrast the other 21 games has seen us pick up 31 points).

Makes a difference. Onto Saturday night - keep it tight and play on break. 8 times out of 10 we’ll lose but who knows maybe we’ll catch them without their scoring boots on and Cunha/Hwang will do some magic on the break and nick a point or win.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance helped by Luton’s 1-1 marking and our movement and pace given us an outlet.

As Gary said - first time Hwang and Cunha started this year. During which time we’ve played 14 games and picked up 15 points (in contrast the other 21 games has seen us pick up 31 points).

Makes a difference. Onto Saturday night - keep it tight and play on break. 8 times out of 10 we’ll lose but who knows maybe we’ll catch them without their scoring boots on and Cunha/Hwang will do some magic on the break and nick a point or win.
Keeping them quiet for the first 30 mins will be hard. However if we can do that and really frustrate them. We will get our opportunities on the break to hurt them.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Yes, quite. Hwang was busy, making a lot of good runs, but Mengi dealt with him pretty well. A less switched on centre half and Hwang would have bagged a hat-trick in the first half.
Said months ago we should sign him.is going to be a very good centre half

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have won about 4-1. I really enjoyed the performance apart from the last ten minutes. The midfield were great to watch. Totally dominated Barkley and the Luton midfield.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When teams play bad it’s them being bad? Not us stopping them. When roles are reversed? It’s down to them being better at stopping us. Their midfield, mainly Barkley has been really good this season, we shut him down well yesterday
Yeah it’s like when England beat a top nation ‘they’re no good’ but when they lose to them ‘it’s typical bottling England’

A team can make another one look bad such are their superiority.

Let’s not forget that Burnley drew at OT yesterday and we also beat Fulham who won there. It’s often about how a team minimises the opponent as much as how they look with the ball.

The PL is cut throat and the margins are as fine as in any elite sport. Let’s give the manager and the team some credit for how they have acquitted themselves in this match and in some genuinely excellent and exciting performances this season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We should have won about 4-1. I really enjoyed the performance apart from the last ten minutes. The midfield were great to watch. Totally dominated Barkley and the Luton midfield.
Yeah had a few people today saying “how did you just manage to sneak a win v Luton” when the truth is it was much more comfy than the score suggests

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he isn't that sort of player.....amazes me people expect him to do things he can't do.....he isn't a target man......he is a forward who finds space by movement......makes me laugh when people expect him to win headers from long balls etc.......and they moan.....Hwang is a typical modern day forward....he isn't great outside the box but comes alive in it.....

Had it not been for the Asia cup and the subsequent injuries probably caused by that tournament, it quite possible that Hwang could have beaten Jimenez highest goal tally in a premier league season.....He was on fire in December and only looked partly back to that yesterday...it's feasible he could have got 16/20 goals and that would have been 2 fingers well and truly up for the doubters and the constant folk who knock him...I have one in me ear whole every game...Hwang can't do nothing right....Even though he was the quickest to double figures for goals we have had from a forward since we came up....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone play well for Luton? They looked a bit all over the shop when out of possession from what I saw the first 25 mins

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone play well for Luton? They looked a bit all over the shop when out of possession from what I saw the first 25 mins
Mengii did ok for most of the game...but had a bit of a mare with a couple of passes and 1 miss control in the last 10 mins or so....Adeybajo did ok for about 10 mins sub appearance.,...apart from that No....

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was a case of us simply outplaying them I'd recognise that. It shocked me how limp a performance Luton put up. A district lack of desire and effort.

Luton fans I spoke to on the train down south were disgusted with the lack of effort, something they say isn't normally called in to question.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flash in the pan kind of team??
I wouldn't touch any of them .....I get what you were saying about Adeybajo in January and obviously he would have been better than nowt....but for me he has probably hit his peak in financial terms....think Luton would want 20m.....which make him a totally different prospect...as he isn't that good , he has just peaked as such.....if you wanted a similar player you could find one for 8-10m in Europe...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch any of them .....I get what you were saying about Adeybajo in January and obviously he would have been better than nowt....but for me he has probably hit his peak in financial terms....think Luton would want 20m.....which make him a totally different prospect...as he isn't that good , he has just peaked as such.....if you wanted a similar player you could find one for 8-10m in Europe...
Bit of a battering ram. Wouldn’t pay over 10m for him as you say 20m we could get much better abroad. It’s going to be an interesting window. I’m excited to see who comes and goes

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and not shown on motd afaik
On a similar theme, catching up on old MOTDs and they did not discuss Cunha's great individual goal v Forest. Has to be up there for best Wolves goal of the season. If that had been Saka, Salah or Doku they would have been eulogising it to death.

Back
Top Bottom