Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Alleged Racism at Forest

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a hell of a leap to make.

And how would be a victim of racial abuse, but having no evidence, make someone "scum"?
How do we know it’s true? They lied about Podence spitting. They try to drag everyone else down.

Pathetic club. If someone done it ban them.

Hard to believe them without evidence in todays society

Without evidence my barrister would say, pure hearsay and at the moment that’s all it is.

Anyone can make allegations but at least have something to back it up

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure I should really share this information as it's still under investigation but I've heard a little tidbit from the same source who previously helped with the Max Kilman Futsal undercover info, so I feel safe in sharing it with you, my compadres and sufferers on Molineux Mix.

The reason for the delay is because The Nottingham Forest team of investigators who handle these things have found that the alleged perpetrator immediately left the stadium and indeed town as soon as he realised he'd been spotted. Not only that but he's left the country and went to Greece of all places! Bet that will slow everything down even more.

Apparently he's a football player on loan at Olympiacos and quite a good one by all accounts as he played and scored today.

Hopefully they can extradite him and throw the book at him. Would probably just sail over his head though.

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we know it’s true? They lied about Podence spitting. They try to drag everyone else down.

How do we know it's not? And yet you're happy enough to stick your neck out and call a club scum, when it could well be that they're just a victim of abuse. IMO, that's pretty scummy behaviour, as you've no way of knowing.

What's your theory, they just invented this completely because... reasons?

If a Wolves player had claimed to have been racially abused, I wonder how many people would be rushing to say "if true", or calling him scum if he couldn't prove it 10 days later?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure I should really share this information as it's still under investigation but I've heard a little tidbit from the same source who previously helped with the Max Kilman Futsal undercover info, so I feel safe in sharing it with you, my compadres and sufferers on Molineux Mix.

The reason for the delay is because The Nottingham Forest team of investigators who handle these things have found that the alleged perpetrator immediately left the stadium and indeed town as soon as he realised he'd been spotted. Not only that but he's left the country and went to Greece of all places! Bet that will slow everything down even more.

Apparently he's a football player on loan at Olympiacos and quite a good one by all accounts as he played and scored today.

Hopefully they can extradite him and throw the book at him.
Was he so small that he went under the radar?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we know it's not? And yet you're happy enough to stick your neck out and call a club scum, when it could well be that they're just a victim of abuse. IMO, that's pretty scummy behaviour, as you've no way of knowing.

What's your theory, they just invented this completely because... reasons?

If a Wolves player had claimed to have been racially abused, I wonder how many people would be rushing to say "if true", or calling him scum if he couldn't prove it 10 days later?
Because they lied about Podence…. That’s bad enough…..

As I say if it’s proven ban the person because it’s unacceptable.

However without evidence and no update you have to question the credibility.

Stop trying to make me look a bad person for questioning their authenticity of such claims

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Stop trying to make me look a bad person for questioning their authenticity of such claims
The stuff relating to Podence was very poor from them.

Far too early to comment on these allegations though, the wheels move very slowly as we've seen from other stuff.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was he so small that he went under the radar?
That small he went under the turnstiles without a ticket so unfortunately the club have no details on him.

We can’t check the club employees records as unfortunately we have lent them to Rebecca Vardys PA who’s away on holiday.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh, do you not like me making an assumption?

That's a bit rich.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, do you not like me making an assumption?

That's a bit rich.
No comment mr prosecutor. Let’s see what happens shall we. I don’t trust forest and if it’s proven then ban them. At the moment nothing is proven either way.

We all know the difference between right and wrong don’t we

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a hell of a leap to make.

And how would be a victim of racial abuse, but having no evidence, make someone "scum"?
If someone accuses another person of racial abuse which is a serious offence then the accused will have severe consequences and a lot of stress in the interim period before being charged
If that someone who reported it is making a deliberate false allegation then yes I would call them scum

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If someone accuses another person of racial abuse which is a serious offence then the accused will have severe consequences and a lot of stress in the interim period before being charged
If that someone who reported it is making a deliberate false allegation then yes I would call them scum

We weren't talking about deliverate false allegations though, he said if there wasn't enough evidence.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your question de facto assumes that the allegations are correct. I believe that the scum comment came in the context of the allegations being false.

They came in the context of their not being enough evidence, rather than being false.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Clear difference with the Podence thing is that it a) 'happened' on the pitch and b) was inferred to be a way to disrupt our season.

Whatever you think about Forest, applying the same logic to an alleged off field incident in the stands is either a) a bit of a stretch or b) distasteful.

It has nothing to do with football.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
We don't actually know who has made the allegation do we? Might even have been a Wolves fan?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't actually know who has made the allegation do we? Might even have been a Wolves fan?

Unlikely I’d say as I would expect Wolves to have made a comment with or in response to the Forest allegation.

It’s too early to say it’s made up, and if it’s legitimate, then ban the idiot(s). But as a few have commented, Forest do have form for making up stories, and MGW was found to be an unreliable witness last time. As to why they might make up such a story, as I pointed out before, MGW might be facing charges for inciting the Wolves fans with his gesture after scoring. If so, spreading a story about that there was potentially racial slurs being shouted might be used to mitigate or wave away such a charge as he could claim he had been provoked by more than just “banter”. Even an unproven report might be enough to cast sufficient doubt so as to have a charge waived away.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think about what you're saying, the same way I would be regarding the use of any words that could be deemed racist.
Both are equally abhorrent, if that clears it up for you.

Cretin is no longer used as a medical term and in modern language is exklusively used as a term for "a stupid person"

There is absolutley no comparison.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Unlikely I’d say as I would expect Wolves to have made a comment with or in response to the Forest allegation.

It’s too early to say it’s made up, and if it’s legitimate, then ban the idiot(s). But as a few have commented, Forest do have form for making up stories, and MGW was found to be an unreliable witness last time. As to why they might make up such a story, as I pointed out before, MGW might be facing charges for inciting the Wolves fans with his gesture after scoring. If so, spreading a story about that there was potentially racial slurs being shouted might be used to mitigate or wave away such a charge as he could claim he had been provoked by more than just “banter”. Even an unproven report might be enough to cast sufficient doubt so as to have a charge waived away.
As I understood it though it was supposed to be aimed at MGW, but he didn't claim to have heard anything. There are no charges (which frankly would have been ridiculous) at him for inciting the fans. So the only possible sources really are stewards or police in our end, or other away fans.

I don't think anyone mentioned it on here, but something did kick off in the away end with police going in about level with the right hand side of the box at the back of the lower tier. That might be a coincidence of course, but wouldn't rule it out.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I think its best to simply say that if its true its unacceptable, regardless of who its by or against, and it should be dealt with.
A desperation to argue that it won't have happened, when we really don't know either way, isn't a good look either.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Without evidence my barrister would say, pure hearsay and at the moment that’s all it is.

Anyone can make allegations but at least have something to back it up
That's it for me. Forest and Gibbs White have form for making unfounded allegations.

It's not too big a leap to suggest they may be telling porkie pies given how quiet things are.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear difference with the Podence thing is that it a) 'happened' on the pitch and b) was inferred to be a way to disrupt our season.

Whatever you think about Forest, applying the same logic to an alleged off field incident in the stands is either a) a bit of a stretch or b) distasteful.

It has nothing to do with football.
Forest are distasteful club.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its a public issue Wolves are very hot on it usually. When it’s not and the issue is reported by a fan, the Wolves response is very, very lukewarm.

I was talking with someone who was reporting issues with a fan regarding abuse toward Korean fans (cliche Kung Foo noises, shouting them to put their ****ing cameras down etc) and nothing was done, then, at the West Ham game (same individual) noted some West Ham fans (hospitality area) and when they scored threw a programme at them - which missed and hit a Wolves supporting child in front. Stewards weren't going to do anything until he insisted on seeing someone senior to complain. The individual in question was removed and didnt come back and wasnt at the next three games before he suddenly reappeared. Apparently a 3 game ban is enough punishment it seems for being racist and a general **** head.

It has made me question the clubs seriousness towards poor behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom