Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Luton Town verdict thread.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonder if there’s a way to get Lemina, Gomes, Bouba and Doyle all in the pitch together?
Not sure. Wouldn’t that mean forgoing Hwang or Cuhna…making us less of a threat going forward…..can’t drop RAN or Semedo

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.
My mum and dad used to check the score before l got home so they knew whether it was ‘safe’ to speak to me!

I don’t miss that now. There are loads of more important things in life than football.

Like keeping the wife happy!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boubacar was fantastic today!

Hwang showing the importance of keeping faith in a lad who can hit the target. Which let’s be honest, as a forward is bloody great, he hits the target and makes the keeper work more often than not.

We just need to improve closing down the crosser or just being better at dealing with the ball when it is in the box. We concede quite a few from crosses.

Which is weird as for the first half or more of the season, we were one of the best in the league at defending corners and crosses.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Boubacar was fantastic today!

Hwang showing the importance of keeping faith in a lad who can hit the target. Which let’s be honest, as a forward is bloody great, he hits the target and makes the keeper work more often than not.

We just need to improve closing down the crosser or just being better at dealing with the ball when it is in the box. We concede quite a few from crosses.
We do since Dawson came out the team.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is weird as for the first half or more of the season, we were one of the best in the league at defending corners and crosses.

I think corners we were well drilled and people did their assigned roles.

When it comes to crosses, it is the fact we don’t seem to close or put much pressure on the crosser. Then seemingly people lose track of runners in ways they don’t with corners.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.
FFS. Read my posts before you comment! I said clearly that today would be my last game, because I can't make the Palace game. I said I wouldn't be renewing my ST, I didn't say that Bournemouth was my last game.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were doing CPR when we were on the way back to the car and trying to find a defib. Ambulance turned up a few minutes ago.
He left in an ambulance with blue lights shining.

Apparently they don't do that if the worst has already happened.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was great today.....he is never going to win headers or outmuscle defenders but he comes alive in the box and his movement is great...looked a little shaper today.....

Had his season not been interrupted by the Asia cup , he could easily be on 16/18 goals.....shame it was curtailed to be fair., it's took him till nw to get his momentum back....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finished off with a few rounds of “Down Down Down Down” by Paul Johnson and then “Walking on Sunshine” as the finale before they all got off in Milton Keynes. Could never get that much energy after a defeat, but as they said, “we never win so we have to find other ways to keep our spirits up.”

The right attitude. Boro got absolutely hammered by Chelsea in the cup replay at the Bridge, but they never stopped singing and still applauded their team at the end. Once Chelsea started scoring it was only going to end one way, so they just enjoyed the game.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mum and dad used to check the score before l got home so they knew whether it was ‘safe’ to speak to me!

I don’t miss that now. There are loads of more important things in life than football.

Like keeping the wife happy!
I keep my wife happy by ****ing off to the football all day.

Nearly home now. On a train with a hen party - it's horrible!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent that, well done Gazza and the boys.

Sa 6.5
Doherty 7
Kilman 7.5
Toti 7.5
Semedo 8
Lemina 8
Traore 8
Gomes 7
RAN 7
Hwang 7
Cunha 8

Thought our midfield (and Cunha) were excellent today, really combative. When Ross Barkley came off I must admit it was the first time I realised he'd been playing!
I didn't realise he was playing until my son told me when we got back to London!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good to get back on the winning trail and let’s hope for a stretching but achievable 4 points from our final 3 games.
Boub Traore looks to be grabbing an opportunity to impress and when on form is a good athletic presence in midfield.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well bully for you.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I know I am biased but I worked with Colton Morris father. He was an excellent footballer Carlton is an excellent centre forward. He is just the sort of person that we need to look at if Luton are relegated as he would lead the line really well in my view and with that many Premier League goals he brings something to our attack, a focal point something we have been missing since prime time Raul

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Lemina traore and gomes were immense today but just watch gomes....the kid is phenomenal

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As many have said, Boubacar was brilliant today. Covered every blade of grass and kept Ross Barkley quiet! Could have scored too, which would have topped off a man of the match performance. Luton were not very good today but that was probably down to us. We should have been out of sight by the time they scored. Semedo at least should have added to Hwang and Toti's goals. Well happy with the win, especially after the past few weeks.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The first half was pretty pedestrian & uninspiring IMO, but we came alive in the second half and could-should have scored a hatful.

Bouba, Mario, Semedo & Gomez all very good; Hwang caused them problems; Cunha good but still getting back up to speed. The lack of real penetration down the flanks was obvious but we were good through the middle. Some good regulation saves by Sa but his kicking really is not good for the nerves.

Bouba's got legs like some curious offspring of Mr Tickle and a giraffe, but god he uses them well. Some of his wrap-around tackles were comedy-gold but very effective.

The ironic wot-no-VAR cheering at kick-offs after the goals was funny and witty by both sets of fans.

The view from right up top in the standing area of the NB is good, but jeez it's breezy up there; and the roof of the JI stand looks dreadful when you're alongside it. The whole stadium's looking tired IMO and I really noticed it today; the paint's barely even orange, let alone old Gold.

We were on the same train back as I think several folk on here; there were some good chats & craic going on between everyone, and their lot seemed strangely cheerful, all things considered.

Mind you, some of their lot were a wee bit lairy getting off at Milton Keynes, and Plod rocked up on the scene very quickly sirens blaring. Not sure if any of them are currently enjoying overnight hospitality as a result or just got a talking to. It didn't seem anything serious to me, I must say. Our boy got spooked on the train though when someone gave him a big pantomime booooooooh on seeing his Hwang shirt :laughing:

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
You best hope GON stays then as that is exactly who we would appoint.
Rob Edwards has done a great job at Luton. With their limited squad, they've played some good football this season for their level.
They always look like they have goals in them. When such a team as Luton, for them to be competitive as they have been, means that they are motivated. That comes from the head coach/manager.
I for one dont think Edward would be a bad appointment for us for where we are.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Rob Edwards has done a great job at Luton. With their limited squad, they've played some good football this season for their level.
They always look like they have goals in them. When such a team as Luton, for them to be competitive as they have been, means that they are motivated. That comes from the head coach/manager.
I for one dont think Edward would be a bad appointment for us for where we are.
Lots of Bournemouth fans told us O’Neil would have us playing boring rubbish football, but he rocks up at Wolves with a better squad and has us playing some really good stuff. Who could say Edwards won’t do the same? He probably plays the football he does at Luton because it suits his players. But I don’t want GO’N to be GO’NE anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom