Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I like Boubs

Reaction score
So do I, I was reluctant to break cover earlier in the season due to some inconsistencies but I think he has a lot to offer in the future. Like Toti, he is not frightened to get tight and engage in a duel turning defence into attack

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was decent today, energetic and won quite a few balls. Bear in mind, this was Luton though.
He was decent but, as you say, this was basically a Championship team and he wasn't more than solid. He's good PL back up, but currently no better than that in my opinion. Doyle has way more quality in the ball, Lemina is better 8n every department, and Gomes is a tad better on the ball (they're both not quite there yet). He's great though isn't he? Gets about, gets stuck in, can play a pass, what's not to like??

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was decent but, as you say, this was basically a Championship team and he wasn't more than solid. He's good PL back up, but currently no better than that in my opinion. Doyle has way more quality in the ball, Lemina is better 8n every department, and Gomes is a tad better on the ball (they're both not quite there yet). He's great though isn't he? Gets about, gets stuck in, can play a pass, what's not to like??
Fair comment, but while 'Doyle has more quality on the ball' they are very different players.
Traore is a stronger disruptor of the opposition and better at carrying the ball forward where Doyle's game is all about his passing ability. Also, against Arsenal Rice surged past Doyle more than once like he wasn't there. Today Traore made up 20 metres on Barkley to dispossess him from behind.
Both good players, but with very different qualities.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boubs should start every game for the rest of the season. He clearly needs game time and could be a genuine class act with more minutes and force his way in. He’s also a proper cult hero type player who will get the crowd on board.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gave us real fight today. A really spirited performance and very unlucky not to score. Underrated with the ball too. I'd love to see him drive with the ball more, his long strides make him deceptively quick.

He should have started on Wednesday! I thought the balance of the midfield three today was terrific.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He had a good game against Arsenal last weekend. Tenacious in this tackles and prepared to mix it when needed.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His energy has really helped that midfield given both Lemina and Gomes have looked very tired lately.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On a serious note, I'm still very much on the fence. He looks an absolute car crash half the time, and the other half he's a slightly less erratic car crash

MKB

Groupie
Reaction score
Remind me which club we signed him from. Was it Brest? Or maybe Metz?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's rapid for such a physique. A proper alpha-athlete.

Ross Barkley's going to be having some twitchy dreams tonight.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious note, I'm still very much on the fence. He looks an absolute car crash half the time, and the other half he's a slightly less erratic car crash

Felt like for most of the season GON didn't trust him to play (he had a badly timed injury too) but hopefully his performances lately will get him some more game time next season, regular games will help him.

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, always have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Traore certainly put himself about and won the ball. He also had a couple of shots which if they had gone in the net would have been goals (thanks Jasper), however, he was also a bit 'gangly' and clumsy. He's getting better though and his height gives us another dimension. He was ball-watching for the Luton goal, though and had to be told to shut down Doughty who crossed the ball.
I'd use him in the more physical games and perhaps Doyle in the more technical ones. As you say, Lemina and Gomes are better, so between him and Doyle for the third midfield place when we play that way.
Still would be a squad player, rather than a regular starter for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom