Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Luton

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti
Doherty Gomes Lemina Traore RAN
Cunha Hwang
Tell Bouba to follow Barkley for 90 minutes.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate us with 4 at the back, but feel like we may be forced into it?

Sa
Semedo - Kilman - Toti - RAN
Gomes - Lemina
Hwang - Sarabia - Cunha
Fraser​

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate us with 4 at the back, but feel like we may be forced into it?

Sa
Semedo - Kilman - Toti - RAN
Gomes - Lemina
Hwang - Sarabia - Cunha
Fraser​
I can see Lemina playing the “quarter back role”

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Wolves and four at the back are a marriage made in modern hell. We try it time and time again. Yet do not have the personal to actually play that way. Yesterday's game also proved how important athletic players can be. We loved so much better when Cunha, Chirewa and Traore came on and ran a bit.

For me I would go with our tried and trusted back to basics formation that's been proven to work. Although I called out Hwang and Sarabia yesterday, I still like them both as players. Feel Sarabia although been poor getting to much stick, much like a few others he has had to carry the baton while the rest of the forwards have been injured and hoping his below par performances are because he is spent.

Sa
Semedo Bueno Kilman Toti Nouri
Lemina Traore
Chirewa Hwang Sarabia

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves and four at the back are a marriage made in modern hell. We try it time and time again. Yet do not have the personal to actually play that way. Yesterday's game also proved how important athletic players can be. We loved so much better when Cunha, Chirewa and Traore came on and ran a bit.

For me I would go with our tried and trusted back to basics formation that's been proven to work. Although I called out Hwang and Sarabia yesterday, I still like them both as players. Feel Sarabia although been poor getting to much stick, much like a few others he has had to carry the baton while the rest of the forwards have been injured and hoping his below par performances are because he is spent.

Sa
Semedo Bueno Kilman Toti Nouri
Lemina Traore
Chirewa Hwang Sarabia
Bueno has a hamstring injury...

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Dawson getting injured for me is almost more important than the forwards. We have conceded in every game since he has been injured and not won. We look defensively poor without him. Shows you how important experience is.

For me signing two centre backs in the summer is just as important as everything else

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Toti
Nouri

Lemina

Doyle
Traore

Cunha
Hwang
Chirewa

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Bueno
Traore Doyle Gomes
Cunha Hwang Ait-Nouri
That’s what I’d like to see, but RAN and Cunha the other way round.
A very mobile and energetic midfield that could hopefully protect the centre backs.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Kilman, Toti
Doherty, Traore, Doyle, Bueno
Chirewa, Hwang, Ait-Nouri

Semedo will be fine on the right side of a back three, and we still need to play a back three going on the Bournemouth game.

Cunha obviously starts if he's fit, but I don't think he can do 90 minutes, so I'd rather have him available from the bench.

Lemina and Gomes are our best two midfielders, but I would actually rest/drop them for this for two reasons.

Firstly, the drop off to the next two isn't that big, so when they're not on top form, which they're not, then they shouldn't be guaranteed a place in the XI.

Luton play man-to-man and quite aggressively, so I think Boubacar is actually the best midfielder we've got in terms of dealing with that due to his energy, and he deserves to play after the past two games. Doyle would be in because it's a game where we should have more of the ball.

Chirewa has been another positive in the past two games, so give him a chance. Plus, Sarabia has to be dropped.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance of Santi being fit?
Not sure, if there is the slightest risk though I’d rest him and hopefully have him back for city.
Would be interested to see a genuine back 4 as an experiment.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not sure, if there is the slightest risk though I’d rest him and hopefully have him back for city.
Did you not think we had a genuine back 4 against Bournemouth?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
After it worked so well after Bournemouth?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes looked dead on his feet last game i would start Traore Lemina and Doyle
God knows who plays CB if Bueno is out probably Doc i would think
Chirewa deserves a start as Sarabia is obviously on holiday
We may scrape a draw if we get lucky Luton have to win so first goal is vital
Im so looking forward to Man C away lol it could be a cricket score

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you not think we had a genuine back 4 against Bournemouth?

After it worked so well after Bournemouth?
By genuine I mean by having Toti in the centre and a more orthodox fullback.

I’m always a fan of 343.
But with who we have available 433 makes sense, I’d far rather see Traore added to the midfield, than either risk Santi or shoehorn Doc/Semedo into centre defence.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
By genuine I mean by having Toti in the centre and a more orthodox fullback.

I’m always a fan of 343.
But with who we have available 433 makes sense, I’d far rather see Traore added to the midfield, than either risk Santi or shoehorn Doc/Semedo into centre defence.
I've always been a bit of ambivalent. All I know is that the 4141 was awful! They just pressed us and we didn't have the options to get out and when they won the ball we had 5 players ahead of it, oh and Hwang on his own......

If Toti plays with discipline and Kilman imposes himself we can play a 4 for me. The main trouble is that we lose so much from Semedo and RAN if we ask them to play as orthodox fullbacks.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Santi out I’m happy enough to go with a back 4 and put Killman & Toti as a pairing in the middle.
But IF Toti is out too it’s hard to know what to do? Think we’d need to go with a 3 and at least have numbers back there?
Doc-Killman-Pond
?​

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Santi out I’m happy enough to go with a back 4 and put Killman & Toti as a pairing in the middle.
But IF Toti is out too it’s hard to know what to do? Think we’d need to go with a 3 and at least have numbers back there?
Doc-Killman-Pond
?​
If he risks Toti who isn’t 100% that’s just asking for trouble

You just know he will go with Doc at CB. At least the game will be interesting lol

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If GoN still wants to play a back 3,how about Lemina in back 3 and Traore in midfield? Lemina has played everywhere this season and may save his legs for a game!
Could do worse, but with so few games left, is it not worth trying to blood a young player - see if they can hack it in a low risk/low stakes game for us?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If GoN still wants to play a back 3,how about Lemina in back 3 and Traore in midfield? Lemina has played everywhere this season and may save his legs for a game!
This.

Mario can play the central role, and can carry the ball out as & when necessary.

Bouba in midfield as well, please.

Back
Top Bottom