Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Petition to stop VAR

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not going anywhere
Sadly true. Even if the muppets learn how to use it properly and, more importantly, consistently gone is the day when you check to see if the linesman is flagging before you go mental.

This time when a goal goes in it gives you the chance to nip to the loo and get a pint (even in Steve Bull) before finding out if it is a goal.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They are bringing it in to the efl next year so it aint going away.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed. Don't think anything will change, they've invested too much money and they'd rather fans and clubs suffer than admit it's faulty (PO and Fujitsu) . Got to sign anyway. also cancelled Sky and told them why. Bloke in the chat was probably rolling his eyes calling me "boomer", but I don't care, I'm Gen X :p

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we also have a petition to stop farting around at the back only to then lump it up the field and lose the ball.
It's now, for some reason, a familiar sight with most teams - Brighton tonight. And stop the claptrap spouted about setting traps.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point, money rules this game and the bigwigs want it.

loppers86

Reaction score
i’m prepared to invest a 5 figure sum for a reasonable protest. anybody match that?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant the petition !! What i meant is 32000 signatures in 5 years is pitiful !! It should be in the 100s of thousands !!!
Absolutely right. Not enough. Spread the word.

I think the higher echelons of the sport have totally ruined it. Are you feeling disillusioned with VAR about match day experience?

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I meant the petition !! What i meant is 32000 signatures in 5 years is pitiful !! It should be in the 100s of thousands !!!
So you think we should just roll over?
Without the fans the game is nothing.
I agree 32000 signatures in 5yr isn't great, but if everyone shared it with at least two fans of different teams, and let's be honest we all know a couple,it would soon bump it up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think we should just roll over?
Without the fans the game is nothing.
I agree 32000 signatures in 5yr isn't great, but if everyone shared it with at least two fans of different teams, and let's be honest we all know a couple,it would soon bump it up.
This raises an important point…….how many signatures would be needed before the Pl would notice…….1m…..3m…..more?

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely right. Not enough. Spread the word.

I think the higher echelons of the sport have totally ruined it. Are you feeling disillusioned with VAR about match day experience?
Worst thing ever to be introduced into football , i haven’t been away all season and used to go to most , only thing stopping me from giving up my season ticket is my 12 year old son , my eldest is 16 now and saw all the highs of the nuno years his attitude towards it all now is the same as mine but the young knows no different and I’d feel guilty taking it away from him when his older brother has had it all , i went to Germany beginning of the month and watched Frankfurt v Bremen and then stood on the yellow wall the following day to watch Dortmund v stuttgart ( believe me Germans hate var too !! ) and even though they have var the match day experience is at least a throw back to days long gone in the English top flight !! I was out in contact with someone at Dortmund and spent the day with him and his mates and we have become friends , he also travels east a lot and watched regional football and fc jena which is probably league 2 / conference level , the match day experience there is still 10 fold of what the premier league has to offer !!! I’ll be going over there more and more over the coming years !!! Football in this country is shot to **** !!!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
This raises an important point…….how many signatures would be needed before the Pl would notice…….1m…..3m…..more?
Let’s be fair, there’s only 6 signatures needed and VaR would be ditched overnight. If Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City clobbed together and said we don’t like it, it would be gone.

I see that prat Masters from the PL was on the BBC last night saying how there’s too much football being played. No mate, the big teams are playing too much football (despite having bigger squads than the rest of us). It’s becoming more and more clear that the league is run for the benefit of the big teams. We’re just little oiks from the Midlands who don’t really matter. We’re supposed to stay in our lane, have our bottoms smacked by the top teams when we play them. How depressing.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've signed, but the problem with these types of petitions is that my name and email address will now be circulated and I will be inundated for causes as diverse as saving whales. (couldn't care less about those in Swansea and Cardiff), save the rain forest (too wet) and help those on islands disappearing under water (they should move house).
Of course, I'm joking and these are good causes (apart from the Welsh), but I don't want to be made to feel guilty, so that I have to contribute real money.
Ah well, I've signed so sowing the wind means I must reap the whirlwind.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That change.org site seems a bit scammy tbh. Always asking for donations from every subscriber so no wonder it struggles to get numbers. Sure there are ways to opt out but it aint easy!

There is a government petition website Petitions - UK Government and Parliament
Petitions run for 6 months only not years
10,000 signatures needed for a government response
100,000 signatures for the petition to be considered for debate in parliament.

The independent football regulator in the process of being formed by the government.
That itself was as a result of a 2021 petition.
The problem with petitions is that they need to be well thought out and promoted to get traction.
A coordinated cross club fan base petition is needed. Forest fans, Coventry fans etc

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst thing ever to be introduced into football , i haven’t been away all season and used to go to most , only thing stopping me from giving up my season ticket is my 12 year old son , my eldest is 16 now and saw all the highs of the nuno years his attitude towards it all now is the same as mine but the young knows no different and I’d feel guilty taking it away from him when his older brother has had it all , i went to Germany beginning of the month and watched Frankfurt v Bremen and then stood on the yellow wall the following day to watch Dortmund v stuttgart ( believe me Germans hate var too !! ) and even though they have var the match day experience is at least a throw back to days long gone in the English top flight !! I was out in contact with someone at Dortmund and spent the day with him and his mates and we have become friends , he also travels east a lot and watched regional football and fc jena which is probably league 2 / conference level , the match day experience there is still 10 fold of what the premier league has to offer !!! I’ll be going over there more and more over the coming years !!! Football in this country is shot to **** !!!
European football and match day experience is so much better. The stadiums are better than ours. The beer is better than ours. The people are better looking and friendlier/helpful. The hooligans are proper hooligans you really wouldn’t want to get caught up in. The police are quiet tolerant unless required. They can use some polytechnics. Food is better, the weather is better. Everything is miles cheaper than the UK/Premier league. I can see more people going to watch European games. For some people could tick off a new country each time.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Who wants this?

I would rather on field decisions be wrong than this. Even after all that line drawing, for me it’s neither a pen or offside.

As it’s been said a thousand times, the game has survived this long because of singular moments of ecstasy. It’s a low scoring, contact sport. Take those elements away and there’s nothing left.

****ing boring.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoping they keep VAR but reform the way it is used
It's clear by now they'll never learn how to use it for the benefit of the game, so needs permanently binning.

It would need adapting to make split second decisions like a ref used to, but it's being used to forensically examine every situation and bore the life out of everyone.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to try to build a campaign. Get involved on social media; contact everyone, repeatedly; message other fans forums. Sing It's not football anymore when var intervenes. Let's give it a go.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's clear by now they'll never learn how to use it for the benefit of the game, so needs permanently binning.

It would need adapting to make split second decisions like a ref used to, but it's being used to forensically examine every situation and bore the life out of everyone.
It can’t benefit the game. It’s nearly impossible for it not to take away celebrations and slow the game down. Football is the complete wrong sport for technology.

Back
Top Bottom