Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will our season fizzle out?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
O'Neil basically rested players Saturday so they were good for tonight. I'm sick of hearing how tired they are to be honest, they really haven't played that many games. Semedo and Sarabia had rests, both looked half ***** tonight (and Semedo has been brilliant this season). The formation was all wrong, didn't get changed when it obviously was working. We've got yet another bloody hamstring, from a CH FFS. I know people will say Cunha and Hwang are coming back, RAN isn't 100% etc, but basically that was us being absolutely schooled by Bournemouth and the only players totally out were Dawson and Neto.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not in the right mood after that debacle we just saw, but I suddenly became aware of that tonight, watching us. Thing is, every one of those players is better than we saw tonight and have seen in general for weeks. Got to wonder what's going on. I think it is tactical problems rather than morale, but keep playing like that and morale will collapse too. Pretty much what happened in the Bruno season.

I'm still not convinced GON is all there with regard to tactics and maybe it's his man management that got a lot of effort out of the players to compensate.
There has been many, many games this season where our defense ……
becomes a sieve,
are easily flustered,
can’t smoothly move it of our final third,
use Sa too often to bale them out,

Gary may not be a decent defense coach but great for midfield and attacking.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Players are fatigued. Maybe more mentally than physically. And there's nothing left to play for other than pride.
Seems like a regular occurance at this time of year over many seasons now for us.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players are fatigued. Maybe more mentally than physically. And there's nothing left to play for other than pride.
Seems like a regular occurance at this time of year over many seasons now for us.
Its that Lage season all over again. Going well and an outside chance of Europe around Jan/Feb and then completely dropping off a cliff after failing to invest and tiredness/injuries set in. I’m sure the owners will learn from it this time though obvs, just like they did then.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like next season we'll have a totally different side after the break up of the current one. Possibly a new manager as well so things are going to be a lot different. Fosun though will still be stinking the place out so anybody hoping for progress can forget it.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
O'Neil basically rested players Saturday so they were good for tonight. I'm sick of hearing how tired they are to be honest, they really haven't played that many games. Semedo and Sarabia had rests, both looked half ***** tonight (and Semedo has been brilliant this season). The formation was all wrong, didn't get changed when it obviously was working. We've got yet another bloody hamstring, from a CH FFS. I know people will say Cunha and Hwang are coming back, RAN isn't 100% etc, but basically that was us being absolutely schooled by Bournemouth and the only players totally out were Dawson and Neto.
Tired, on the beach, nothing left to play etc. Sick of hearing all those excuses.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm.not even getting myself worked up over these losses anymore, I've accepted that we probably won't win again this season and maybe lucky with a couple of draws. But we are safe and I think this could be a blessing in disguise, what better proof does GON need to show FOSUN that he was right and needed backing. The more games we lose the more hopeful I am that we are going to get the right players in, in the summer

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm.not even getting myself worked up over these losses anymore, I've accepted that we probably won't win again this season and maybe lucky with a couple of draws. But we are safe and I think this could be a blessing in disguise, what better proof does GON need to show FOSUN that he was right and needed backing. The more games we lose the more hopeful I am that we are going to get the right players in, in the summer
I really wouldn’t hold my breath, and it doesn’t sound like GON is either.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We have several internationals who will no doubt look fine in the Euro's. We've seen that before. Suddenly they can run faster and tackle harder when playing for their national side than they can for us.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the players are that tired why are they training?.

Surely the main teams left in Europe like Madrid and Villa are playing sometimes 3 games in an 8 day period. I would have thought Ollie Watkins wouldn't be one of the top scorers or assisters in the prem . He must be shattered playing that many games . Harry kane must be exhausted . Countless teams are in 3 games a week territory but their top players I don't see been rotated much and secondly saying they are tired . They are just good players and conditioning to play.

I think we need to get the scouts looking at lads that can mange 2 games a week if this is the case .

I mean Euros will be interesting all these tired players having played a season of football. No point going if I was Watkins or Bellingham. They will be rolling them off the flights on stretchers surely they will be that tired .

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is on course to be our worst end to a PL season since we got relegated. We might end up with 2 points from the last 30
And to a large degree entirely self inflicted, rather than a case of us simply being rubbish. We’ll have even managed to cost ourselves a few quid with our league placing. Could have offset some of that incoming season ticket price rise

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the players are that tired why are they training?.

Surely the main teams left in Europe like Madrid and Villa are playing sometimes 3 games in an 8 day period. I would have thought Ollie Watkins wouldn't be one of the top scorers or assisters in the prem . He must be shattered playing that many games . Harry kane must be exhausted . Countless teams are in 3 games a week territory but their top players I don't see been rotated much and secondly saying they are tired . They are just good players and conditioning to play.

I think we need to get the scouts looking at lads that can mange 2 games a week if this is the case .

I mean Euros will be interesting all these tired players having played a season of football. No point going if I was Watkins or Bellingham. They will be rolling them off the flights on stretchers surely they will be that tired .

They have had opportunity to rotate significantly .

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll beat Luton and those will be our last points of the season. Can't see us beating a resurgent Palace who have won their last three, and the City and Liverpool games could be embarrassing. GON seems to be morphing into Lage. He has looked clueless since the Coventry game.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compare say Gomes or Lemina to most players in our league with in the top 4 for minutes . Other players have played more minutes due to playing in Europe as well and cup runs domestically.

I just don't see many of them saying I won't play in the euros as I am tired do you ?

As our players are tired surely won't go to play international football as will be to tired .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have had opportunity to rotate significantly .

With massive injuries across their squad…… had big injuries problems at CB all season too i believe

Better strength in depth and it shows they have proper football people running their squad planning with freedom to defo their jobs.

Hobbs needs the same freedom! He is bloody awesome, so please Jeff let him do what he wants and needs to do without goal post being moved!!!!

loppers86

Reaction score
it’s pretty clear how much we miss Craig Dawson. Rubbish until he signed, good to great until he got injured, hardly a point while he has been out.

It’s probably as important to replace him as it is to get a new CF now!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this tiredness thing, didn’t most players have that longer break in January? Then there’s the international breaks for those not playing for their countries.

I do think though the clubs in Europe with smaller squads struggle. Brighton and Newcastle have bombed in the PL this season compared to last.

As for us, GON had a stab at the club post Coventry game. He’s now taken a swipe and thrust with a sword referencing Lopetegui walking out of the club. He’s not happy. We saw how Nuno’s sulking demeanour affected the team in his final season. Lage as well.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was predicted on here in December and January.
Not buying one person in January and letting men leave.
This meant we were definitely not strong enough to get in to Europe.
With relegation no threat due to the weakness and points deductions at the bottom there is nothing to play for - no target at all.
The only motivation is pride amongst the staff and players . Who probably feel let down .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good job we haven't got in Europe if the lads are tired.

I am expecting at least 11 signings in the summer if we need to rotate players after 1 game a week.

Interesting summer ahead .

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was predicted on here in December and January.
Not buying one person in January and letting men leave.
This meant we were definitely not strong enough to get in to Europe.
With relegation no threat due to the weakness and points deductions at the bottom there is nothing to play for - no target at all.
The only motivation is pride amongst the staff and players . Who probably feel let down .
Given that Fosun's aim pre-season was simply to finish 17th I'm wondering what incentives they offered the players to do so. Maybe a healthy bonus if we avoided relegation ? This might explain why there was indecision regarding our finances in January (they couldn't know the final salary bill) and also why results now appear to be relatively unimportant.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this tiredness thing, didn’t most players have that longer break in January? Then there’s the international breaks for those not playing for their countries.

I do think though the clubs in Europe with smaller squads struggle. Brighton and Newcastle have bombed in the PL this season compared to last.

As for us, GON had a stab at the club post Coventry game. He’s now taken a swipe and thrust with a sword referencing Lopetegui walking out of the club. He’s not happy. We saw how Nuno’s sulking demeanour affected the team in his final season. Lage as well.

Break in Jan or not, elite sport especially in the prem is bloody hard on the body. A couple of weeks in Jan sandwiched between the hectic December and after break periods will do not as much as you think for their bodies and recovery.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is on course to be our worst end to a PL season since we got relegated. We might end up with 2 points from the last 30
That's okay mate - Jeff didn't think £4m to loan a striker in January represented good value, so who are we to argue?
Never mind that it's cost us far in excess of that in lost prize money. What's the difference between 8th and 14th? About £19m?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's okay mate - Jeff didn't think £4m to loan a striker in January represented good value, so who are we to argue?
Never mind that it's cost us far in excess of that in lost prize money. What's the difference between 8th and 14th? About £19m?
Good old Jeff eh, ****ing useless.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once we hit 40 points the players know we are safe. They have taken their foot off the gas under another manager. No passion that we saw earlier in the season. Sad how we’ve fizzled out regardless of injuries and fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom