Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Death of Football, R.I.P.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just got up and walked out after Hwang's goal was disallowed. The game has gone, it's been totally ruined by the pseudo-forensic bean-counting kill-joys of Stockley Park. I just don't want to watch it any more. I don't care if we are **** (as we were for most of what I saw), I just want to see a game of football with all its highs and lows. They have robbed us of that. The sport has been going at the elite level for about 150 years and they have killed it stone dead in a couple of seasons. I'm done with it.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just got up and walked out after Hwang's goal was disallowed. The game has gone, it's been totally ruined by the pseudo-forensic bean-counting kill-joys of Stockley Park. I just don't want to watch it any more. I don't care if we are **** (as we were for most of what I saw), I just want to see a game of football with all its highs and lows. They have robbed us of that. The sport has been going at the elite level for about 150 years and they have killed it stone dead in a couple of seasons. I'm done with it.
Me too.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree BSK, after over 65 years knocked it on the head this season despite still having a ST. VAR and money have totally destroyed football as we knew it, watch on TV when I can but the love has gone.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd quite happily see us put out our u23s and u18s for the Man City game. Show as much respect for the integrity of the title race as the Premier League has shown for the integrity of its officiating.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is awful.

One of the best parts of the win at the Poorthorns was that it was the rare occasion of a VAR-less game. The ball hits the net, you celebrate. it's a goal. No doubts. No "wait and see". It's a goal. And you feel that instant unabated joy.

For most of our goals I'm just "meh, we might have scored... hopefully it's given". It's dreadful really.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat pal. I’ve loved the game and Wolves for over 40 yrs but I’m not enjoying this VAR period at all. Whether it’s corrupt or incompetence taking away the joy of a goal is totally anti-fan especially for the live spectator. I really want to give it up but my love for Wolves is strong. I’ve already stopped watching any other games but the time will come when I give up on it all.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat pal. I’ve loved the game and Wolves for over 40 yrs but I’m not enjoying this VAR period at all. Whether it’s corrupt or incompetence taking away the joy of a goal is totally anti-fan especially for the live spectator. I really want to give it up but my love for Wolves is strong. I’ve already stopped watching any other games but the time will come when I give up on it all.
It’s absolutely corrupt. If it was incompetence, they’d have at least tried to do something about it.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's sad
Probably the only way it will change is if there is some significant shift in falling attendances or more particularly viewing figures.
Anyone paying for Sky Sports these days must be crazy
All the money is in television rights. As the most viewed clubs across the world are not as consistently punished by the officials as everybody else, nothing will change.

The likes of Liverpool will get the occasional stinker and Klopp will kick off, demand the audio and it becomes a national story - whilst the casual supporter will say:

"Aha! Big club bias, my ****"

Meanwhile, Wolves are getting done for eleven points and others outside the big six are complaining almost every game but nobody in power cares.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
It can be frustrating at times but I’m sure once you’ve calmed down a bit you’ll be back at Molineux.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not a sport where you go to the stadium to enjoy the spontanious emotions shared with your fellow fans. It's been turned into a tv sport as the 'experts' discuss where a set of lines are shown or an instruction telling the referee what decision he will signal, he now is limited to awarding corners, throw ins and minor fouls when he can wave a yellow card. Linesmen have been effectively replaced by tv cameras as movements are analysed in slow motion.
The matchday in its enjoyable form is effectively dead at the top level.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did too. But, at the end of the day it means **** all. Unless 20000 fans had walked out, which may have made some headlines, it means nothing to the arrogant PGMOL that you and I and a few others walked out. After nearly 60 years of watching Wolves they have managed to kill my love of the game in a few short seasons. The sad thing is that I will be back in the pub on Saturday ready to go again. It's more of a social thing now though. If I couldn't meet up with people in the pub before and after the match I would seriously have to consider whether to renew my ticket next season. Words cannot describe how much I hate and detest VAR and I would happily put up with crap decisions against us if we could just consign it to history.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a strange feeling. Yes, we were outplayed really badly for about 85 minutes of the match. But I feel worse than if our disallowed goal had never happened. You try and avoid going doing the conspiracy rabbit hole. But it's hard to look at that incident now, while knowing that many goals have some jostling in the build up yet don't even seem to be looked at. The inconsistency is worse than ever.

The other thing is knowing that even if we'd totally outplayed Bournemouth until that point but just couldn't score, that our goal would still have been disallowed. So what we "deserve" doesn't come in to it. It just saps the enjoyment of watching a game even if we do lose.

if I could give it up, I would, I freely admit I'm just addicted to it!

bigwolf

Reaction score
The decision tonight was correct.

Whether we like it or not it was.

If it was the other way around we'd be saying why has he not been sent off. Cunha lashed out at a player who was involved in the build up. It's the correct decision.

We were absolute garbage tonight. That's not down to VAR.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's me saving about £1k from now on , thanks Howard Webb and PGMOL. The first 44 years of highs and mostly lows of watching this club were great times but what has happened to football over the last couple of years means i'm out after the Palace match.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did too. But, at the end of the day it means **** all. Unless 20000 fans had walked out, which may have made some headlines, it means nothing to the arrogant PGMOL that you and I and a few others walked out. After nearly 60 years of watching Wolves they have managed to kill my love of the game in a few short seasons. The sad thing is that I will be back in the pub on Saturday ready to go again. It's more of a social thing now though. If I couldn't meet up with people in the pub before and after the match I would seriously have to consider whether to renew my ticket next season. Words cannot describe how much I hate and detest VAR and I would happily put up with crap decisions against us if with could just consign it to history.
Yep, I have an ST too and I will be there against Luton, which will be my last game for this season as I can't make the Palace game. But I think I'll be jacking it in. It's not financial. I just just can't stand the sight of incompetent ******s like Attwell ruining the game, and then, if that wasn't bad enough, some unaccountable faceless ******** 100 miles away in a prefab making things even worse. Football as I have known it since the mid 50s is finished, gone, finito, kaput, khalas. Sky can stick it up their collective arses.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was done at the start of last season, its got worse

rubyloo

Reaction score

If it was the other way around we'd be saying why has he not been sent off. Cunha lashed out at a player who was involved in the build up. It's the correct decision.

I think you’ve missed the point

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I have an ST too and I will be there against Luton, which will be my last game for this season as I can't make the Palace game. But I think I'll be jacking it in. It's not financial. I just just can't stand the sight of incompetent ******s like Attwell ruining the game, and then, if that wasn't bad enough, some unaccountable faceless ******** 100 miles away in a prefab making things even worse. Football as I have known it since the mid 50s is finished, gone, finito, khalas.

Add in the total dominance of the same 6 clubs every season (being generous to perennial losers Spurs!) .... The same FA Cup final 2 years running. Might as well scrap the actual matches and just put the trophies up for auction at the start of the season. Pep couldn't complain about too many matches.

The game at Premier League & above level is being run for the global TV audience.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can be frustrating at times but I’m sure once you’ve calmed down a bit you’ll be back at Molineux.

I think you're severely underestimating just how broken people are starting to feel.

It's one thing to put up with poor teams and bad results. It's another thing entirely when the spirit is extinguished in the game itself.

There are fans who have been through the very worst with Wolves who, tonight, are seriously thinking "Well, what's the point?" not because a player had a stinker or because We Wuz Robbed but because football itself is being bled to death by a thousand cuts before our eyes.

This is not the sport I've watched and loved and hated and obsessed about for 50 years. This is souless, artificial asphyxiation.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s such a sad and frustrating state of affairs. Not because Wolves have been hard done by (and boy have we) but the game I have loved all my life has been stripped of its dignity and fun.

If you tried extremely hard, I don’t think you could design anything that could wreck the beautiful game like VAR has.

I desperately don’t want to give up following my beloved Wolves but the VAR age is so bad that I desperately don’t want to put myself through any more of this.

The beautiful game is bust.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

In isolation yes it was a foul and a yellow card.

I'd argue that it was at least one, possibly two different phases of play before the "goal" is scored which begs the question, how many phases should you be able to go back when considering whether or not to disallow a goal?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No I wouldn't. If Bournemouth had scored that goal tonight, not for one moment would I have thought that there was a foul in the build up. Just like West Ham, not one of their players appealed for anything. That to me is always a good indicator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom