Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

As Guedes gone

Rowzed

Reaction score
Gonz is as Guedes Gon , how much could he fetch, Villarreal seem to rate him ( though doubt they will cough up his wages ), presumably Mendes will have someone there who might swap

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villarreal aren’t big payers and they are trying to get Mosquera on the cheap too.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Villarreal aren’t big payers and they are trying to get Mosquera on the cheap too.
Perhaps we should have him back for a year and see if he can cut it in the Prem. We already know the other fellow won’t

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry for being pedantic - 'Gonz is as Guedes Gon'; what is it you are saying?
Blew my mind - think Gonçalo Guedes is as Good as Gone? I imagined there was some actual news on him, but apparently not. Maybe the pun was so hilarious is needed a thread to air it? I'm guessing £10m in the Summer and take a hit on PSR as we may as well get it out of the way.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blew my mind - think Gonçalo Guedes is as Good as Gone? I imagined there was some actual news on him, but apparently not. Maybe the pin was so hilarious is needed a thread to air it? I'm guessing £10m in the Summer and take a hit on PSR as we may as well get it out of the way.
I had no idea what the OP was about and your 'maybe the pin was so hilarious is needed a thread to air it' has equally confused me! It's late and perhaps I'm tired and need to go to bed!

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Blew my mind - think Gonçalo Guedes is as Good as Gone? I imagined there was some actual news on him, but apparently not. Maybe the pin was so hilarious is needed a thread to air it? I'm guessing £10m in the Summer and take a hit on PSR as we may as well get it out of the way.
I found it pretty punny.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This report says Guedes will have to agree to lower his wages to move. That infers that Wolves must be paying something currently to top up his wages above what Villareal are paying him or will pay him? These ****ing loanees are all a pain in the **** and the quicker we can shift them all the better.
Trying to think of any club who have as much of their budget tied up in loan players ...

Has anyone calculated the percentage? Just in amortization? Purely off the cuff, it has to be > 10%....it sure feels that way.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps we should have him back for a year and see if he can cut it in the Prem. We already know the other fellow won’t
Absolutely no way, imo. We want players who want to play for us and create a happy dressing room, not someone who will just go through the motions.

He didn’t want to be here in the first place and he was really poor when he played.

He’s happy at Villarreal, scoring goals and it looks like they want to keep him. They can if they pay the right money.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Apologies
Should have included a link, I saw something on Twitter but couldn’t add the link that northnorfolkwolf found
Wolves could finally offload £27.5 million outcast with Spanish giants circling
I was having some fun with his name, thought I’d not get another opportunity as by next season he won’t be as good as gone but will be out the exit.
Quite sure we won’t get £27.5m, still, he did get a goal or two

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The market knows we are desperate to get rid of the boss-eyed mercenary and they also know he's been gash everywhere bar La Liga where he's occasionally been above average. Doubt we are going to play hardball and have him continue to stink the place out, because if we have him training on his own or with the kids then that makes us look even more desperate

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably means he will want a pay out before he leaves to help carry the short fall in his wages.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no way, imo. We want players who want to play for us and create a happy dressing room, not someone who will just go through the motions.

He didn’t want to be here in the first place and he was really poor when he played.

He’s happy at Villarreal, scoring goals and it looks like they want to keep him. They can if they pay the right money.
Unclear if the post you responded to meant Guedes or Mosquera. You obviously assumed the former but if it's the latter l'd like to give him the once over....

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unclear if the post you responded to meant Guedes or Mosquera. You obviously assumed the former but if it's the latter l'd like to give him the once over....
My post concerned Guedes, WW.

I’d have Mosquera back permanently next season. He’s apparently playing well for Villarreal and GON appears to rate him. With Dawson getting older and a bit more injury prone, we need another central defender for next season imo and Mosquera could be that player with no cost to the club.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Apologies
Should have included a link, I saw something on Twitter but couldn’t add the link that northnorfolkwolf found
Wolves could finally offload £27.5 million outcast with Spanish giants circling
I was having some fun with his name, thought I’d not get another opportunity as by next season he won’t be as good as gone but will be out the exit.
Quite sure we won’t get £27.5m, still, he did get a goal or two
It's scary that he is still £16.5m on the books this Summer and if we got anything over £10m I'd be delighted. Hopefully he will see that a reduced contract that keeps him for another 5 years will be worth it. Villareal made a big profit last season I think, so maybe they've got a few quid to spend. Like I said though, I think they'll just take the hit for him and Fabio this Summer as we won't be worrying about PSR and it saves us trying to find them yet another loan.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My post concerned Guedes, WW.

I’d have Mosquera back permanently next season. He’s apparently playing well for Villarreal and GON appears to rate him. With Dawson getting older and a bit more injury prone, we need another central defender for next season imo and Mosquera could be that player with no cost to the club.
I know that your post did but aren't so sure that Rowzed's did

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I had no idea what the OP was about and your 'maybe the pin was so hilarious is needed a thread to air it' has equally confused me! It's late and perhaps I'm tired and need to go to bed!
Sorry pun - autocorrect (or more likely fat fingers).

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who could we get if we swapped Guedes and Mosquera for a player or two?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The key to our early Summer business has got to be getting Guedes, Fabio and Podence gone.

I am hoping Guedes is swapped with Filip Jorgensen who we have been linked with. Then we can all just move on.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key to our early Summer business has got to be getting Guedes, Fabio and Podence gone.

I am hoping Guedes is swapped with Filip Jorgensen who we have been linked with. Then we can all just move on.
For me this has to be the way. We will then know how much cash this has generated when set against the targets we have identified. Only then would I start to look at what players we can let go and if more cash is needed I hope we will look at off loading say Kilman, Hwang, Sa and H Bueno before the likes of RAN, Cunha, Gomes or Neto.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
For me this has to be the way. We will then know how much cash this has generated when set against the targets we have identified. Only then would I start to look at what players we can let go and if more cash is needed I hope we will look at off loading say Kilman, Hwang, Sa and H Bueno before the likes of RAN, Cunha, Gomes or Neto.
OK, start from Podence, Silva and Guedes are going to be sold at a net loss on the books. So if we're only investing what we get from them we are screwed.

Then maybe Kilman would generate enough to replace him and maybe buy one squad player. Hwang likewise, although injuries and the fact that all he's really had is half a good season will count against him. Sa likewise won't generate much more than we'd need to spend to replace him. Hugo is still no more than a promising but raw kid. So we could sell them all and it wouldn't fund a real rebuild.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, start from Podence, Silva and Guedes are going to be sold at a net loss on the books. So if we're only investing what we get from them we are screwed.
SYHO, it's always best to read the 2nd line of a 2 line post before you reply! I went on to say when we know what the loanees' sales have raised then we look at selling some of our players! Seems like a plan to me.

Back
Top Bottom