Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sammy Szmodics

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you happy going into next season with Sasa sponsored by Bupa , Fabio , Fraser and the other kids as backup ?

As Hwang and Neto are hardly injury free are they so we need competitive backup not crap backup to the 11 .
Did I say that? No. I said we don’t need to use silva as a benchmark for a signing with a “he’s got to be better than silva has been”. He shouldn’t be in the equation when we sign someone. It doesn’t need to be “anybody” it needs to be someone who can genuinely compete for a starting place.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I say that? No. I said we don’t need to use silva as a benchmark for a signing with a “he’s got to be better than silva has been”. He shouldn’t be in the equation when we sign someone. It doesn’t need to be “anybody” it needs to be someone who can genuinely compete for a starting place.
Absolutely we all trust hobbs over sellars don’t we?

Let’s leave the negativity behind us

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely we all trust hobbs over sellars don’t we?

Let’s leave the negativity behind us
There’s no point keep bringing up Silva and Guedes as a stick to beat recruitment, Shi, the club, Fosun or Gestifute. It’s all in the past in a different landscape and different people. Totally different situations in buying either as well. Guedes stats prior to joining were very good in La Liga and he was someone we’d been linked to for 4 windows. Unfortunately it didn’t work out, like many others have said not every transfer at any club works out, that’s football.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no point keep bringing up Silva and Guedes as a stick to beat recruitment, Shi, the club, Fosun or Gestifute. It’s all in the past in a different landscape and different people. Totally different situations in buying either as well. Guedes stats prior to joining were very good in La Liga and he was someone we’d been linked to for 4 windows. Unfortunately it didn’t work out, like many others have said not every transfer at any club works out, that’s football.
Yeah you’ve said that previously. It’s strange we want to sign players like Cutrone & Guedes who didn’t really want to come here in the first place

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah you’ve said that previously. It’s strange we want to sign players like Cutrone & Guedes who didn’t really want to come here in the first place
I think you’re reading between the lines to be honest. There’s nothing to say they didn’t want to come. In fact both had contracts in place at their previous clubs, so they didn’t have to move anywhere.

My own personal opinion was Cutrone didn’t come here to not play and got frustrated. He probably didn’t expect to leave his boyhood club and not get game time. Guedes (again personal opinion), just doesn’t have the desire and mentality to mix it up in the intensity and physicality of the EPL.

Back
Top Bottom