Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mario Lemina

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the replies to my post 35 are total *******s imho. If young men cannot run around for 90/100 minutes once a week then they need to get fitter. **** me, when I was young I would have paid Wolves to play for them and I would have died on the pitch for the privilege of wearing the old gold. Knackered, my ****.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was disappointed in Lemina for his reaction. Yes it may well have been poor from Bueno, yes he may well be leggy, but he may well have been frustrated - but I previously saw Lemina as someone who could be captain material, a leader, he showed anything but in a key moment there imo. Leaders require a calm head. He could have had a breather/rant at Bueno or whoever once the ball was out of play and all attempts at winning it back were done.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the replies to my post 35 are total *******s imho. If young men cannot run around for 90/100 minutes once a week then they need to get fitter. **** me, when I was young I would have paid Wolves to play for them and I would have died on the pitch for the privilege of wearing the old gold. Knackered, my ****.
With respect it’s not that they aren’t willing to run, it’s how many times they can sprint and hit eg. 90% of their top speed. Any idiot can stagger around knackered not getting near the ball. Or as Mick would have said ‘putting a shift in’. It’s not about that, it’s about how much load your body can take before you drop to eg. 85% of your top speed and that means you don’t get to the ball before the defender / striker… or you do it but pull a muscle. The tiny percentages count.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With respect it’s not that they aren’t willing to run, it’s how many times they can sprint and hit eg. 90% of their top speed. Any idiot can stagger around knackered not getting near the ball. Or as Mick would have said ‘putting a shift in’. It’s not about that, it’s about how much load your body can take before you drop to eg. 85% of your top speed and that means you don’t get to the ball before the defender / striker… or you do it but pull a muscle. The tiny percentages count.
Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that people are saying GON's tactics are more likely to knacker players than say Nuno's were? If that it so that may explain why so many of our players have suffered hamstring injuries this season. RAN is now out and Dawson needs groin surgery. GON's playing style coupled with a small squad seems to have ensured the medical room is full most of the time!

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I was disappointed in Lemina for his reaction. Yes it may well have been poor from Bueno, yes he may well be leggy, but he may well have been frustrated - but I previously saw Lemina as someone who could be captain material, a leader, he showed anything but in a key moment there imo. Leaders require a calm head. He could have had a breather/rant at Bueno or whoever once the ball was out of play and all attempts at winning it back were done.
Agree with this…he may well have not been expecting the header from Santi but his reaction was poor and ultimately contributed to conceding the goal. Having watched it back on MOTD because of that split second he left the gap in the middle for the ball to be fed to MGW. Hoping his brother not getting game time isn’t effecting his mood but agree he does look exhausted too.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with this…he may well have not been expecting the header from Santi but his reaction was poor and ultimately contributed to conceding the goal. Having watched it back on MOTD because of that split second he left the gap in the middle for the ball to be fed to MGW. Hoping his brother not getting game time isn’t effecting his mood but agree he does look exhausted too.
Yeah it was a bit disappointing but tbf his attitude and influence has been top drawer all season, I can forgive him one strop......providing he doesn't make a habit of it.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a lot of players who we have run into the ground. Has to change for next season.
This.

The small squad philosophy worked for a while under Nuno because of how we played, sitting deep, conserving energy, starting slow in the first half and growing into games in the second with some great counter-attacking football.

Years later, we still have the small squad (numbers-wise) under GoN, but now play a completely different style. We run more, we press more, and we're a more physical team across the pitch in comparison - & you can see how it's impacting the players with the lack of options to rotate.

We have to recruit well in the summer, not only to increase the quality of the squad but the quantity too.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Small percentages matter. The last few weeks of poor options up top have put Lemina and Gomes and then by default the defence under more stress. They both look leggy and tired, and whilst I like Doyle and Traore, they are not the ball winners that Mario and Joao are. Both of whom, I have to say are 2 of the finest signings we have made in years. This season has gone better than many predicted, but we are literally 2 or 3 players away from having a challenge for the top 5 this season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know he doesn’t seem the player he was before Christmas. Maybe he’s knackered and emotionally drained. Drop him for a game and let’s see how Doyle and Gomes pair up with Bouby maybe

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know he doesn’t seem the player he was before Christmas. Maybe he’s knackered and emotionally drained. Drop him for a game and let’s see how Doyle and Gomes pair up with Bouby maybe
Traore really isn't a Premier Lg player imo. Ok in the squad but that's about it for me. Still undecided about Doyle; solid and shows good stuff but again I think should be alongside Traore on the bench. Gomes is a star but will be on his way either this summer or next imo. I like Lemina but I think he thinks he's better than he really is, if that makes sense. Perhaps a bit of the 'Billy Big Boots' about him but that is no bad thing as he will hopefully anchor our mf next season with Gomes + AN Other.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Traore really isn't a Premier Lg player imo. Ok in the squad but that's about it for me. Still undecided about Doyle; solid and shows good stuff but again I think should be alongside Traore on the bench. Gomes is a star but will be on his way either this summer or next imo. I like Lemina but I think he thinks he's better than he really is, if that makes sense. Perhaps a bit of the 'Billy Big Boots' about him but that is no bad thing as he will hopefully anchor our mf next season with Gomes + AN Other.
I suspect GON is going to work hard on Traore in the summer. He's short on some things, but there is definitely talent there. Gary knows what a midfielder ought to look like.

Just saying I think there's a chance people are looking around happily at how much better he looks next autumn. Still only 22.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that people are saying GON's tactics are more likely to knacker players than say Nuno's were? If that it so that may explain why so many of our players have suffered hamstring injuries this season. RAN is now out and Dawson needs groin surgery. GON's playing style coupled with a small squad seems to have ensured the medical room is full most of the time!
Having a proper preseason will help this time

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect GON is going to work hard on Traore in the summer. He's short on some things, but there is definitely talent there. Gary knows what a midfielder ought to look like.

Just saying I think there's a chance people are looking around happily at how much better he looks next autumn. Still only 22.
Brian, are you following me around on here? How dare you! Anyway I'm going to bed so I'll say goodnight to you!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember looking at Fulham and Southampton forums re Mario before he signed and both and frustrations that he was very good player but would have spells of games where he wouldn’t be in it and would stroll about. Now this might be a really harsh evaluation from me due to how good he has been for us but it does feel like he’s having that sort of spell since his dad sadly passed away. I wouldn’t be against resting him for a game and playing a midfield 3 against Arsenal of Joao, Traore and Doyle.

Back
Top Bottom