Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest verdict

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD somehow failed to give credit to Cunhas fantastic goal, thought goals was what the game of football was about.
Not when you have two ex-defenders giving expert (?) analysis apparently. I thought Lineker might have chirped up-even the skill for the second goal was exceptional, twisting his body & guiding it home while falling.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was in the home end and it was quite hard not to celebrate when Cunha scored that worldie right near us.

Overall, two average teams desperate for the season to end. Home side had a bit more impetus and probably should’ve finished us off, particularly the Origi/Wood shambles towards the end where they somehow got that wrong.

Still find it funny how many grown men get rattled by a footballer putting his fingers in his ears. You could hear ‘Morgan Gibbs-White, your girlfriend’s a slag’ from the other side of the stadium. When he’s been getting stuff like that in stadiums and online for months, good on him for showing a bit back.

Seemed the right thing for both sides for him to move on and it’ll always be a slight shame for me as he’d have walked into our starting XI by now.

In any case, back to the game, both sides a bit naff, but great to see Cunha and Hwang back at long last.

Combining not being good at protecting the ball with a group of average at best defenders is a dangerous combination. Onto Arsenal…!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say deserved the point, unlucky to not get all three at a difficult place to go, due to yet more VAR deficiencies.

Thought our general play was fine and a lot of the criticism in the match thread and in this thread is totally unwarranted after a committed and decent performance.
Committed and high effort, yes. But decent, no.
Passing, concentration, weak defending all stopped it from being a ‘decent’ performance.
It was significantly better for having a fit first team striker though.
If Hwang is available to play more minutes next week, we might actually have a team again.
More targets to hit, more for opposition to worry about to take some pressure from a defence that’s not doing well when under the cosh as of late.
He might have done his usual falling over trick, but Hwang’s movement instantly caused them problems. Need more of that. It hopefully means Sarabia can get dropped.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont think either have 10 tbh,may be wrong but think Semedo was the only danger the others had 8 or 9 i believe,hope so anyhow
Funnily enough I had known Semedo was in danger and thought Lemina may have been but thought João was on about 7
Checked premier league site on way home yesterday and showed them all on 9 PRIOR to yesterday's game
Although squawka has date and time stamped the list of yellows at 10am yesterday but directly below they have list of fouls committed date stamped 20:00 yesterday so hopefully the 9 bookings is also post match

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our fans were singing about MGW's baby and girl friend. All a bit unsavoury and unnecessary. Childish nonsense.

We should all rise above it really.
The baby stuff is completely unnecessary and below the belt. I understand that his girlfriend is/was a massive idiot on social media about the club and fans so I don’t have as much of an issue with that one.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you do seem to be excusing it?
Again absolutely nowhere have I condoned what fans sing about his family.

Once again I am being made to look the bad person on here.

If MGW goads our fans they will react like any other fan base and vice versa. (Unfortunately this will continue you think. Rather tit for tat) MGW gets a kick from winding up the fans you feel? Most other players would rise above it

What fans sing is not down to me. I don’t go to games anymore for good reason.

Especially away from home we have a share of morons like in every fan base. Some after a few drinks and sniffs they think anything is acceptable and it’s not just Wolves. Many clubs have the same issue.

Like we’ve seen against chelsea last season homophobic chanting from the south bank. We know in this day and age that’s unacceptable yet many still try and do it.

The club will catch up with these people eventually. We are a family club these days. Gone are the dark ages of the 70s 80s and 90s subway army and punch up firms

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was in the home end and it was quite hard not to celebrate when Cunha scored that worldie right near us.

Overall, two average teams desperate for the season to end. Home side had a bit more impetus and probably should’ve finished us off, particularly the Origi/Wood shambles towards the end where they somehow got that wrong.

Still find it funny how many grown men get rattled by a footballer putting his fingers in his ears. You could hear ‘Morgan Gibbs-White, your girlfriend’s a slag’ from the other side of the stadium. When he’s been getting stuff like that in stadiums and online for months, good on him for showing a bit back.

Seemed the right thing for both sides for him to move on and it’ll always be a slight shame for me as he’d have walked into our starting XI by now.

In any case, back to the game, both sides a bit naff, but great to see Cunha and Hwang back at long last.

Combining not being good at protecting the ball with a group of average at best defenders is a dangerous combination. Onto Arsenal…!
MGW is a ****.
And I genuinely don’t think he gets in our starting 11 when everyone is fit. Maybe if we played 4231, but even then he’d have Sarabia and Bellegarde in close contention for that 10 spot.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is a ****.
And I genuinely don’t think he gets in our starting 11 when everyone is fit. Maybe if we played 4231, but even then he’d have Sarabia and Bellegarde in close contention for that 10 spot.
The swear filter is quite annoying.
IMO I’ve used a rather mild word there; but you could interpret the “****” as something much worse than what I wrote.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Again absolutely nowhere have I condoned what fans sing about his family.

Once again I am being made to look the bad person on here.

If MGW goads our fans they will react like any other fan base and vice versa. (Unfortunately this will continue you think. Rather tit for tat) MGW gets a kick from winding up the fans you feel? Most other players would rise above it

What fans sing is not down to me. I don’t go to games anymore for good reason.

Especially away from home we have a share of morons like in every fan base. Some after a few drinks and sniffs they think anything is acceptable and it’s not just Wolves. Many clubs have the same issue.

Like we’ve seen against chelsea last season homophobic chanting from the south bank. We know in this day and age that’s unacceptable yet many still try and do it.

The club will catch up with these people eventually. We are a family club these days. Gone are the dark ages of the 70s 80s and 90s subway army and punch up firms
No, but ultimately its down to the fans and what they decide to sing, not to MGW.
I've got no time for him, but neither can I imagine chanting something like that.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thats just utter nonsense. You are talking like stuff going on behind the scenes there isnt having an effect on the players. They arent robots. There are so many things that the manager would have no control over in that situation. If they didnt have any off field dramas then i would agree, they should stay up, but they have plenty.
eh, cmon. they have more off-field issues than everton? no. chelsea? no. blades and burnley are basically down already.

it would be ridiculous to get relegated.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think there is much quality in Forests squad and they have plenty of players to pick from. How many would get into our squad. Yes, I know people would say a lot of them because we have so few players, but we have so much more quality, just not strength in depth.

MGW is probably their best player, but he blows hot and cold. Murillo at the back is ok. Chris Wood is inconsistent and I don’t rate Awoniyi, despite what anyone says. Thats it for me.
I think the top few players from Wolves (let's say Cunha, Neto, Joao Gomes, RAN, ehhhhh) are easy, and after that it's mostly down to being in a much better environment/system than Forest have had. There are a lot of Premier League quality players in that squad, if few true standouts.

If a merely average job had been done by the manager this season, I think Wolves would be where Forest are (that's where the wage bill says they should be). I think the Forest ceiling is at least where Wolves are.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe how many fans are getting their knickers in a twist over MGW.

I think we do have a very high proportion of ‘snowflakes’ in our fanbase, give him **** whenever he plays, then when he gives it back everyone is up in arms.

If Cunha did it if he’d signed for us from Forest I can guarantee you the same fans would be saying “what a legend”.

Dish it out, you have to take it back in life.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe how many fans are getting their knickers in a twist over MGW.

I think we do have a very high proportion of ‘snowflakes’ in our fanbase, give him **** whenever he plays, then when he gives it back everyone is up in arms.

If Cunha did it if he’d signed for us from Forest I can guarantee you the same fans would be saying “what a legend”.

Dish it out, you have to take it back in life.
100% agree. Our fan base started this ‘rivalry’ the first time he played against us, booing him and calling him a ****er. I don’t like the guy but if we’d have given him a better reception there would be no animosity. Saying that it makes the games more interesting having a pantomime villain, unless they score that is.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% agree. Our fan base started this ‘rivalry’ the first time he played against us, booing him and calling him a ****er. I don’t like the guy but if we’d have given him a better reception there would be no animosity. Saying that it makes the games more interesting having a pantomime villain, unless they score that is.

Agree with this. Don’t mind trying to wind up players (although don’t believe MGW really deserves it to be fair), but you can’t get wound up if they end up having the last laugh.

As you say, we started the ‘beef’ with MGW, so fair play to him for using it to motivate himself to perform against us.

The one I can’t understand is the booing of Jota, I bet if he came and shushed the south bank after scoring those that booed him would be giving it the “How could he do that? We gave him his break in England?”…

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this. Don’t mind trying to wind up players (although don’t believe MGW really deserves it to be fair), but you can’t get wound up if they end up having the last laugh.

As you say, we started the ‘beef’ with MGW, so fair play to him for using it to motivate himself to perform against us.

The one I can’t understand is the booing of Jota, I bet if he came and shushed the south bank after scoring those that booed him would be giving it the “How could he do that? We gave him his break in England?”…
Yep I’ve never understood why/how some people can boo him
IMO he should always get a good reception from Wolves fans

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not our best performance by far.
Nevertheless was pleased with our point.
Really great to have Cunha and Hwang back.
Still can't fathom why we didn't play in our gold and black??
Anyhoo...
COYW!! :) :) :)

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
One criticism I'll have of GON is his continuing obsession with Doherty at LWB if RAN is out or playing elsewhere. Hugo has his defensive frailties gives us much better balance there.
I completely agree. I think Gary is really great but he appears to be playing the most senior 10 fit outfield players now.

Earlier in the season, there did seem to be pecking order based on performances and it was fairly predictable the line ups and who would come in due to injury / loss of form.

Reid1877

Reaction score

Reading the press today Gibbs Wright and Cunha know it’s all panto and entertainment believe me when you have a job like theirs they couldn’t give a monkeys what fans sing.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
From the Forest forum: “From what I picked up from the match I don't think there is too much between ourselves and teams like wolves.”

Just 17 points.

Do teams just assume we’re playing our full strength side every week?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
From the Forest forum: “From what I picked up from the match I don't think there is too much between ourselves and teams like wolves.”

Just 17 points.

Do teams just assume we’re playing our full strength side every week?
Deluded prats.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Six points more this season would be decent considering the abject state of the squad.
Sarabia and Doc should be moved on in the summer. I am hoping Lembikisa and/or Hoever can step up as decent cover alongside Mosquera and Chiquinho to help deepen the squad and get the average age down.
Forest was a tricky test and a point is acceptable right now. Need Hwang to start firing quickly if we want another couple of wins alongside RAN replacing Sarabia.
Mosquera wants to stay where he is. Hopefully get £10-15m for him

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was there a push on Semedo by Gibbs-White for his goal? If so, why didn’t VAR pick that up … after all they scrutinise all goals don’t they?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera wants to stay where he is. Hopefully get £10-15m for him
He said he's happy where he is, namely because he's playing a good level and starting pretty much every week.

Which he likely will do for us next season, especially if we continue with a 5. He has the fundamentals to be better than anyone in our current crop of CBs, perhaps bar a fully fit Dawson for now.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said he's happy where he is, namely because he's playing a good level and starting pretty much every week.

Which he likely will do for us next season, especially if we continue with a 5. He has the fundamentals to be better than anyone in our current crop of CBs, perhaps bar a fully fit Dawson for now.
I hope so. Would hopefully make more sense to get £30m for kilman and keep him.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t quite get this with MGW? He’s a professional footballer for god’s sake and accepted a good deal which suited both himself and Wolves!
I’m sure his contracts going forward will set him up for life, so good on him!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 and two 3s isn't it? Did he start it or did our fans.? I personally recall him leaving on the back of some comments his other half posted on social media which put our backs up. i also remember him being called out for his behaviour during Covid. Time moves on, bit I, and many other fans still don't like him, so I guess he will remain a pantomime villain

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
6 and two 3s isn't it? Did he start it or did our fans.? I personally recall him leaving on the back of some comments his other half posted on social media which put our backs up. i also remember him being called out for his behaviour during Covid. Time moves on, bit I, and many other fans still don't like him, so I guess he will remain a pantomime villain
Yes. I think there were a fair number giving him stick from day one. For me it was ridiculous, we didn't want to build a team around him, he's excellent in a team that plays a way that suits him, but can't just play anywhere. So he didn't want to stay and we wanted to cash in on him. We got what I think most people thought was a very good deal. In a way it's a perfect deal because he was never worth £40m to us, but he is to them.

So all well and good, but, as with almost everyone we sell, some people find a reason for a grudge and gave him grief. He can laugh that off, ignore it, or react. He chose to react to a bit of grief, so now he gets a lot more grief, but he also gets the pleasure of ramming it back down a few throats.

I don't care about his personal life and I certainly don't care about his partner's thoughts on anything. So it is all pantomime, nobody should see it as anything more and there's surely no need to question his child's parentage.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yep, I think Gibbs-White going to parties during lockdown made a lot of fans angry.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it was ridiculous, we didn't want to build a team around him, he's excellent in a team that plays a way that suits him, but can't just play anywhere.
Ironic that Nuno was the manager that didn't trust him enough to build a team around him but now is almost obliged to play him because of the system that Forest adopted under Cooper.

Back
Top Bottom