Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Notts Forest (A) Pre-Match Thread

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6177.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. Hope everyone has managed to put last week’s game behind them. I don’t think you’ll ever convince me that that goal was offside, but there we go.

Tough task today. I think Gary was right with what he said, on paper Forest have a much better team than the league table says. They’ve just been poorly coached/managed by Cooper for a while. Nuno seems to have made a difference, annoyingly. Got nothing against Nuno love him to bits but Forest would be near the top of the list of clubs I wouldn’t want someone from Wolves to go to. Their fans are an absolute bunch of numpties.

Anyway, on to the game. Positive team news for a change! Hwang, Dawson, Cunha all fit, Ait-Nouri could be involved too. Only Bellegarde and Neto out now really. Most of the team picks itself really it’s just who Gary thinks is fit enough to start etc. I think it will be:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Doyle Doherty
Sarabia Cunha​

Bentley, Santi, Hugo, Traore, Rayan, Hwang, Lemina, Fraser, Chiwome.

That’s a decent team really. Good enough to get a result hopefully!

It all feels a bit strange at the minute, pretty much every game now is more important for the opposition than it is for us. We have a very outside chance of Europe, but we’re playing teams with genuine chances of winning the league, getting relegated etc. It’s a challenge for Gary to get the players up and motivated to compete at the same level.

Hard to believe that it’s our 3rd last away game today, been an enjoyable season following us up and down the land. Had some fantastic days (Chelsea, Tottenham). Certainly better than last season!

Whether you’re following from Nottingham, Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's see. Could go either way. My money (if I was a betting man) would be on Forest as they need the points more and we've shown an inability to perform for a full 90 minutes for the last 4/5 matches. Add to that, Wood likes playing against us and MGW will want to show what we have missed and a Forest win is more likely.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From what I hear from some Forest fans, the Reds are up for this game. Relegation is horribly close, we are in the dumps with only league positions to play for and they are full of the joys of spring. Makes sense, but same as for that goal decision last week what does sense have to do with football these days? I'll be well happy with a draw, 2-2 would be great.

surreywolf

Reaction score
From what I hear from some Forest fans, the Reds are up for this game. Relegation is horribly close, we are in the dumps with only league positions to play for and they are full of the joys of spring. Makes sense, but same as for that goal decision last week what does sense have to do with football these days? I'll be well happy with a draw, 2-2 would be great.

Not sure they are full of the joys of spring! Lads I know are papping themselves. They will however give us a right go today though - can see them edging and milking it (yes Morgan well done) coz as you say we’re drifting towards quiet end to season

But I’m not unhappy with that given what I thought this season would end like!

Fun day out, whatever. Not worth getting bent out of shape if we lose

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Can’t see us getting much out of this one tbh and Forest need to win desperately.

In saying that if we can hit them on the break early on then it maybe a different story?

2-0 to the trees unfortunately but COYW and surprise me!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should be a good atmosphere there. I can see both teams scoring. I'll go for 1-1. Sarabia to score.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It should be a good atmosphere there. I can see both teams scoring. I'll go for 1-1. Sarabia to score.
Funny place for me these days. The Trent End was excellent, the open terrace wasn't the best for an atmosphere - can't beat a nice low roof.

These days the Trent End seems to generate no noise at all, but they do have a bunch of ********* who love to stand as close as possible to the away end and just wind people up. Such a shame we don't get the whole Bridgford Lower these days, that was always very good.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may not have much to play for, but there are more than a couple of reasons why I want us to smash these ****ers. Hopefully our returning players will be right up for it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Every time I've seen Forest play this season they've looked really good. Can't quite understand why they're so low in the table, even taking the points deduction into consideration. Think they had a period of lots of injuries but they have most of their players break. I'm glad that Awoniyi is out though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t going to go to this but a friend working for the home club has kindly offered a few seats in tamer home end areas near families/hospitality etc.

Been years since I’ve gone incognito. Must remember not to flinch when we get near the goal. Must.

Do I have to stand up and fake clap if they score? FFS.

In any case, given what’s at stake for them, home advantage, and our season being pretty much over after recent results, can’t see anything but a Forest win.

If it’s still 0-0 after 25 mins or so we’ll be onto something, as think Forest will fly at us from the off.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been hearing from a Forest fan at work that this is billed as a must win for them. Hope we sink them.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been hearing from a Forest fan at work that this is billed as a must win for them. Hope we sink them.

with our injuries and little to play for situation, you'd think they must see this as one of their easier games.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Wolves. Show some fight today. Let’s get at them and make a game of it!!

2-2?

Be nice to see Bouby start a game

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I turned on the radio today, tuned into Talksport, Saturday mornings are relatively decent for that station. Anyway, tuned in to hear the commentary of Andy Gray's winner against them at Wembley in 1980...Got to be a good omen...We will win! UTW!

bigwolf

Reaction score
I turned on the radio today, tuned into Talksport, Saturday mornings are relatively decent for that station. Anyway, tuned in to hear the commentary of Andy Gray's winner against them at Wembley in 1980...Got to be a good omen...We will win! UTW!

There's always time for time difference.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I've seen Forest play this season they've looked really good. Can't quite understand why they're so low in the table, even taking the points deduction into consideration. Think they had a period of lots of injuries but they have most of their players break. I'm glad that Awoniyi is out though.
Last season they looked dire but kept grinding out points. Perhaps they had all of their luck then.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest been playing well lately
Need to keep MGW quiet everything seems to go through him,and Wood always seems to score against us despite being a plank in most games
That said if we can get going and play like we can for more than an hour we just may nick it or get a point
If they lose they are in big trouble with the games to come,expect a feisty one with plenty of yellows

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a point (score draw), especially at their place, when they're playing to avoid relegation (and we don't have a huge amount to play for), and they've got MGW who is going to be keen to make his mark...

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows how far our expectations have dropped when I’m reading “ be happy with a point “ against a very poor side

Decent at home. Along with then fighting for points and us not in form due to various reasons. A point would be good.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wasn’t going to go to this but a friend working for the home club has kindly offered a few seats in tamer home end areas near families/hospitality etc.

Been years since I’ve gone incognito. Must remember not to flinch when we get near the goal. Must.

Do I have to stand up and fake clap if they score? FFS.

In any case, given what’s at stake for them, home advantage, and our season being pretty much over after recent results, can’t see anything but a Forest win.

If it’s still 0-0 after 25 mins or so we’ll be onto something, as think Forest will fly at us from the off.
One of my great away days was incognito in with the Forest for that gorgeous 1-0 we got c/o Michael Kightly back around this time in 2009.

That was the game when I knew we were going to do it; such a sweet feeling, and so sweet too that it was Kightly who got the goal. It was hard, very hard, to stay calm and instead look dejected :confused:

Back
Top Bottom