Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Anyone else thinking sod it

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it before when annoyed, but today I’m left thinking why bother? Mine and my lads ticket cost me just shy of £1400, that’ll go up surely. I celebrated so much when we equalised, then it’s taken away. I don’t go to a music gig for a band to play a big song then stop halfway through and say nahhhhhhhh!

As bad as sone decisions used to be, this is horrendous now, I mean this season really makes me think **** it I’ll go lower league football. Genuinely think I’m close to being done with it

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL football is **** if you're a matchgoing fan, let's be honest. Expensive, kickoff times all over the shop and VAR to boot.

Non-league a much better experience. Would recommend if you haven't already.
Oh I have lots, but not at the expense of Wolves. But the cost to enjoyment is really getting low , the frustration is so bad too

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it before when annoyed, but today I’m left thinking why bother? Mine and my lads ticket cost me just shy of £1400, that’ll go up surely. I celebrated so much when we equalised, then it’s taken away. I don’t go to a music gig for a band to play a big song then stop halfway through and say nahhhhhhhh!

As bad as sone decisions used to be, this is horrendous now, I mean this season really makes me think **** it I’ll go lower league football. Genuinely think I’m close to being done with it
So right!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I live up here amongst the Jockenese I gave up my season ticket some time back but I think I'd feel the same if I still went every week.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said elsewhere I left the ground today confused to **** about the reason our goal was disallowed, at that moment I thought **** it, calmed down a bit now, but hate the way the game I love is now going.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Oh I have lots, but not at the expense of Wolves. But the cost to enjoyment is really getting low , the frustration is so bad too
I don’t have a season ticket but pay for every home game £41.50 to be cheated out of a point by the ref today and all the time other occasions how many times will var ruin the match day enjoyment before people think enough is enough

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm already done with it to be honest, the enjoyment has been sucked out of the game and there's no way a goal like today's should ever be ruled out. I'll keep going as long as my dad does, when he decides he's had enough, I won't renew. This isn't the game it was even five years ago

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m only a member, but have to travel quite far for a game.
VAR ruins it, add in the enjoyment of watching grown men being paid a fortune to express their skills in not playing football (time wasting and feigning injury) and I’m really getting put off the whole thing. I already don’t bother with any games that are on tv or midweek night matches…

I even hate the var when they are checking opposition goals and it might go our way.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, I completely get where you are coming from. However, we all know that despite the disappointment, we will all continue to turn up and support our team. VAR is just the new talking point. It used to be the referee decisions on field we’d debate down the pub or in the workplace, before that was tackles that have gone unpunished (Leeds, Chelsea springs to mind).

We can all feel deflated by today, but I’m more of the mindset of ignoring VAR intervention now as we’re all so used to the massive inconsistency of application of it. So I just try to focus on the team now - good, bad or indifferent performances.

Long and short of it is we will all continue to wear the old gold with pride and turn up to support the team - regardless of how people mess with or interpret the rules of the game we love.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, I completely get where you are coming from. However, we all know that despite the disappointment, we will all continue to turn up and support our team. VAR is just the new talking point. It used to be the referee decisions on field we’d debate down the pub or in the workplace, before that was tackles that have gone unpunished (Leeds, Chelsea springs to mind).

We can all feel deflated by today, but I’m more of the mindset of ignoring VAR intervention now as we’re all so used to the massive inconsistency of application of it. So I just try to focus on the team now - good, bad or indifferent performances.

Long and short of it is we will all continue to wear the old gold with pride and turn up to support the team - regardless of how people mess with or interpret the rules of the game we love.
You’re probably right, but what didn’t used to happen was the celebration being left to go on, at least in the past the referee or Lino would be instantly killing the celebration, now we can be almost ready for a centre kick before it’s cancelled

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My old man was quite old when I was born and when I got into football about age 7 or so I couldn’t understand how my Dad didn’t bother with it. He told me he loved it when he was young playing well into his late 30’s and going down the games when work allowed but he was sick of what he called the modern game. I never understood it till a few years ago when I started feeling the same way about the game. In my Dad’s day only small changes were noticeable so what he would think of VAR, time wasting, faking head injuries, showman refs, oil money being allowed to break rules left right and centre etc etc is anyone’s guess. I’m falling out of love with it just like he did. VAR check every goal looking for ways to rule them out and when you can’t celebrate in the moment the majority of the fun and enjoyment of it diminishes.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. I had every chance to sod it, in the 80’s, then the 90’s, then the 00’s, then the double dip 10’s…Wolves have given me plenty of chances to get my life back but I keep ****ing it up, and go back. If Wolves were my wife, they’d be doing a five stretch in pokey for cruelty.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Football has always been about highs & lows but VAR has added an artificial layer of frustration and stress that I find very hard to deal with. The fact that we appear to be stuck with it tells you where the fan sits in the pecking order.

I’m not exactly sure what problem VAR was supposed to fix, but as far as I can see all it does is try incredibly hard to find reasons to disallow goals.

I’m not even sure why we celebrate goals anymore- they’re not goals, they are only potential goals subject to VAR approval.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. I had every chance to sod it, in the 80’s, then the 90’s, then the 00’s, then the double dip 10’s…Wolves have given me plenty of chances to get my life back but I keep ****ing it up, and go back. If Wolves were my wife, they’d be doing a five stretch in pokey for cruelty.
Anyone who brings their kids (and l've been guilty lol) should be reported to the NSPCC.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said sod it and moved to Eastern Europe sold up everything
Where are you at in Eastern Europe?

Lived and loved it there in the past. Real passion for the game and lots of other things.

Lived in Poland for awhile and the ‘hools’’ are the real McCoy!

Nige

Reaction score
I said **** it 2 years ago.
Its a joke now.
I still watch every game home and away but in comfort and after days like today it hurts less due to not having to fork out silly money or sit in the traffic to get home.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Have to agree with the sentiments on here!

Following the Wolves ain’t what it use to be unfortunately.

The closest I get is listening on the radio or following the Mix, there’s no way I’d stump up for a season ticket, it’s just way above what I can afford with other financial commitments.

Occasionally I feel so sorry for the guys and gals who have spent good money in the hope that we’ll win a game on the day, today is a case in point!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are you at in Eastern Europe?

Lived and loved it there in the past. Real passion for the game and lots of other things.

Lived in Poland for awhile and the ‘hools’’ are the real McCoy!
Between Poland & Bulgaria atm will make a final choice soon few more house viewings

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are still some amazing moments and games but boy oh boy it’s getting harder and harder to stay in love with the game.

I just don’t like this version of the sport they’ve created at the top level, it’s over thought and desperate to achieve perfection for something that always thrived because of its imperfections.

And let’s be honest, it’s only going to get worse and worse because those at the top are a bunch of idiots.

Genuinely heartbreaking, really.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said some time ago that I would never attend a game where VAR was in use. It has made a mockery of the game and I feel for fans of any club that have to go through this shambolic system.

I have said before and I make no apologies for repeating it, VAR has ruined the game.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50 ways to leave your lover ;)

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't give a **** that we missed out on a point today which we may or may not have deserved. What I hate is they are taking away the main reason for going to football, the euphoria of scoring a goal. Unless its a penalty, you just can't celebrate any more without a nagging doubt that it may be disallowed. Liverpool away in the cup was just the same, that moment was taken away. I would rather have some dome dodgy decisions go against us and bin VAR as I don't go to football to celebrate a goal against us being over turned on a technically.

Last edited:

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My old man was quite old when I was born and when I got into football about age 7 or so I couldn’t understand how my Dad didn’t bother with it. He told me he loved it when he was young playing well into his late 30’s and going down the games when work allowed but he was sick of what he called the modern game. I never understood it till a few years ago when I started feeling the same way about the game. In my Dad’s day only small changes were noticeable so what he would think of VAR, time wasting, faking head injuries, showman refs, oil money being allowed to break rules left right and centre etc etc is anyone’s guess. I’m falling out of love with it just like he did. VAR check every goal looking for ways to rule them out and when you can’t celebrate in the moment the majority of the fun and enjoyment of it diminishes.

Your dad hated the "modern game" that was the old fashioned game we loved... my granddad hated the modern game - 1950s and 60s compared to the old fashioned game he loved. We hate the modern game now, and kids will hate the future modern game when they grow up.

Maybe football always stays the same, but people get more miserable as they get older.

Or maybe VAR is the worst introduction to football ever and needs to swiftly and permanently **** off.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your dad hated the "modern game" that was the old fashioned game we loved... my granddad hated the modern game - 1950s and 60s compared to the old fashioned game he loved. We hate the modern game now, and kids will hate the future modern game when they grow up.

Maybe football always stays the same, but people get more miserable as they get older.

Or maybe VAR is the worst introduction to football ever and needs to swiftly and permanently **** off.
It’s the latter, tho the former has legs

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate var it's ruined the game we love.

Today highlighting everything that's wrong with it destroying the euphoria of a last gasp equaliser in a really significant game fir both teams.

Would United at home have had that struck off?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gave up my season ticket 5 years ago to coach/manage a Football team.
Do I miss going to the games?
Yes for the social aspect of supporters I got to meet at The Stile.

Game day experience, yes at first but that soon went away when I watched highlights after the game or watch it on TV (In Portugal watching it today)..
Lost and annoyed at the 2nd half performance as we could see on TV W.Ham changed things (ipad needs charging Gary).

Watch Farense v Boavista last night €15 for a ticket and it was great, 2 VAR goals disallowed and resolved within minute, and no emotional stress attached.

Bought a Farense v Wolves scarf from 2022 when Wolve came pre season.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree the VAR at times is a joke but last time I looked the teams at the top spent more money and had more expensive players .

So move with the times or get left behind no surprise Villa and Newcastle moved up to champions League positions after large investment in quality. Not VAR as for me if we create more chances and have quality upfront we score more goals .

Not known many teams in the prem win it by defending have you . Possibly boring boring arsenal . But they could get that one goal and hang on.

Yes FFP might hamper teams like Newcastle but them and villa are the only teams to breach the top 4/5 . That's through bringing in quality and at a price . Sorry I don't blame var I blame owners that either want to progress or just hang In there and hope something comes good .

Put it this way a batsmen in cricket surviving though 20 overs for 34 runs or one out in 15 getting 70 who gets the headlines .

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I’ll go with the latter sentence of your post

Back
Top Bottom