Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v West Ham United comms thread.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
VAR isn’t the issue…… I bet we all loved it the World Cup VAR got more assists than any England player and Kane got a golden boot from the penalty spot.

The issue is the people using it.
Nope, you don't speak for me with that 'VAR is not the issue, it's the officials' line.

Hate it even when it's right for destroying the joy of why we watch football.

Get rid.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen the offside goal.

Shocking decision. Never be disallowed. Goalie has no chance. They accepted it was a goal. You forensically check any goal you could probably find a fault.

Utter rubbish.
Banging my head against a wall here but the fact Fabianski wouldn't have got to it literally has no relevance.

Monswolf

Reaction score
They sent him to the monitor to give him the view of what he missed.

He saw the incident, then he decided he made a mistake.

Isn’t that how we want VAR to work? Rather than the muppet in stockley park over ruling it without the ref having a say and the incident effectively being re-refereed by a person not at the game?

I am not happy about it….. but I am sorry, I can see why it was disallowed and this isn’t a VAR robbery
No this is not how var is supposed to work if it’s offside give it as offside. If has had happened the ref and the linesman were happy the West Ham players were happy and the West Ham fans were happy for the goal to stand how/why does var get involved in a subjective decision VAR is not supposed to do this

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League cup Ipswich 2 0 up blew it
FA cup dream home draw v Coventry, blew it
West Ham league blew it
Man United home league blew it
Fulham away blew it
Brentford home failed to turn up

It’s such a familiar theme despite what appears to be a good season
We have blown the best opportunity to actually hit Europe since Nuno be it in the cup or league and it totally demoralises most of us die hard fans

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Banging my head against a wall here but the fact Fabianski wouldn't have got to it literally has no relevance.
It does on the basis as that should be one of the factors considered when deciding whether or not Chirewa is "interfering" with play.

He wasn't considered to be in real time but then on review, he was, but was the on-field decision (or lack of it) so egregious that the decision should have been overturned?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No this is not how var is supposed to work if it’s offside give it as offside. If has had happened the ref and the linesman were happy the West Ham players were happy and the West Ham fans were happy for the goal to stand how/why does var get involved in a subjective decision VAR is not supposed to do this

But VAR isn’t there to not get involved if the ref and linesman are happy. If they miss something as far as they are aware they did a good job and will be happy……..

The players won’t have seen he was offside

West Ham got ****ing lucky…… but chiwome was standing offside and was in the line of sight of the keeper.

**** that it was so soft….. but in the wording of the law it was correct as the ref and linesman missed it

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there’s ‘relevance’. Fabianski wasn’t unsighted, he didn’t dive, our player didn’t move, so how can he then be judged to be interfering with play? Your position is that he’s off-side just by the fact that he was standing in an off-side position. But you already know that’s not the off-side rule. All this highlights is that it was a subjective call. VAR shouldn’t have intervened.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there’s ‘relevance’. Fabianski wasn’t unsighted, he didn’t dive, our player didn’t move, so how can he then be judged to be interfering with play? Your position is that he’s off-side just by the fact that he was standing in an off-side position. But you already know that’s not the off-side rule. All this highlights is that it was a subjective call. VAR shouldn’t have intervened.
Nope, I've said he was offside because he moves across Fabianski as the ball is played forward by Kilman. Standing in an offside position hasn't been a specific offence for years.

If it was written in the law that the offside is basically negated because the GK wouldn't have got there regardless then it would've been given, but that's not the case.

So not relevant, really.

Monswolf

Reaction score
But VAR isn’t there to not get involved if the ref and linesman are happy. If they miss something as far as they are aware they did a good job and will be happy……..

West Ham got ****ing lucky…… but chiwome was standing offside and was in the line of sight of the keeper.

**** that it was so soft….. but in the wording of the law it was correct as the ref and linesman missed it
Sorry to sound rude here but what part is f if the var thought he was offside then give it as offside do you not understand? How many var offside decisions have you ever seen the ref being asked to go look at the lines that have been drawn? None is the answer before you go google

So as I said if the VAR thought is was offside they give it they don’t ask the ref to change his mind

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to sound rude here but what part is f if the var thought he was offside then give it as offside do you not understand? How many var offside decisions have you ever seen the ref being asked to go look at the lines that have been drawn? None is the answer before you go google

So as I said if the VAR thought is was offside they give it they don’t ask the ref to change his mind

Our refs are a ****ing joke…. They are inconsistent and largely ****ing incompetent……

Why are we expecting them to do a good job when they have shown they can’t?

Howard Webb should be resigning as the standards are getting worse on his watch…… not better

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, I've said he was offside because he moves across Fabianski as the ball is played forward by Kilman. Standing in an offside position hasn't been a specific offence for years.

If it was written in the law that the offside is basically negated because the GK wouldn't have got there regardless then it would've been given, but that's not the case.

So not relevant, really.
Are you just so entrenched in your position, you can’t see anything other than your point of view?
‘As the ball is played forward by Kilman’? It was a bullet of a header. From his head to the goal it was probably less than a quarter of a second. :tearsofjoy:

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am not happy with the decision, should probably have led off with it……. It was against the spirit of the game

But I can see why they have disallowed it
I can also see why they've disallowed it. The issue is that it could also have been allowed under the laws.

As it wasn't disallowed initially on the field, what was it about the circumstances that then meant VAR felt it worth another look and Harrington felt he needed to change his mind?

It feels like it been re-refereed which we've always been told is not what VAR is there for.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not exactly good to be disallowing goals like that for offside. It was letter of the law offside but completely against the spirit of the game.
Its not offside if hes not interfering with play and he wasnt

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can also see why they've disallowed it. The issue is that it could also have been allowed under the laws.

As it wasn't disallowed initially on the field, what was it about the circumstances that then meant VAR felt it worth another look and Harrington felt he needed to change his mind?

It feels like it been re-refereed which we we've always been told is not what VAR is there for.

This is the issue though isn’t it……

We don’t hear the referee discussions….. so we don’t know what was said and how it was positioned to the referee on pitch from the one in the booth….

So based on current information at hand….. we can only say in line with the laws, even though it feels to us as against the spirit of the game it was the correct call.

Until we see and hear the decision that is sadly where this sits……

We can scream till we are blue in the face, but it is what is

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anyone expects to go back to halcyon days of refs getting every decision right - because those days didn't exist. We just despise VAR as it has made everything about the game worse.

I agree totally!!!! It is why I said Howard Webb should resign!!!

Refs are getting worse not better and are never held as accountable for their **** ups…..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is there for clear and obvious mistakes

And sadly he was clearly offside and in the line of the keeper.

So the ref and linesman missed a clear and obvious offside
The keeper is 6 inches taller and our player was 2 yards in front,no way was he in line of sight

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The keeper is 6 inches taller and our player was 2 yards in front,no way was he in line of sight

Mate, we don’t know what the refs have said amongst themselves…..

We know they are crap and sadly….. we through our own actions put them in a position where they could **** up but do so at the moment hiding behind the wording in the law book.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not offside if hes not interfering with play and he wasnt
It’s something about blocking the keepers view which was why it got disallowed, the ref interpreted it as such. I don’t really agree now I’ve had time to think about it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, we don’t know what the refs have said amongst themselves…..

We know they are crap and sadly….. we through our own actions put them in a position where they could **** up but do so at the moment hiding behind the wording in the law book.
Thats the point the rule book doesnt cover the circumstances
Ref didnt give it, Lino didnt flag,even their players didnt complain,not one
If he was standing on the keeper and preventing him moving i would agree,but he wasnt
GON cant understand it even Moyes agreed it was wrong
Most goals scored from corners would be disallowed if this is correct as someone is always standing close to the keeper
Its just plain wrong,and i would say the same if it was reversed,i also didnt think it was a penalty for us but thats another argument lol

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the issue though isn’t it……

We don’t hear the referee discussions….. so we don’t know what was said and how it was positioned to the referee on pitch from the one in the booth….

So based on current information at hand….. we can only say in line with the laws, even though it feels to us as against the spirit of the game it was the correct call.

Until we see and hear the decision that is sadly where this sits……

We can scream till we are blue in the face, but it is what is
It's yet another example of similar incidents not being treated consistently but we're the ones who have the goal ruled out whereas the others have been given (Man City and Akanji springs to mind)

We'll probably find out in the week that PGMOL have issued new guidance to refs around this type of incident that probably would have helped us but it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Won't help us.

It just feels like we've been shafted again because we know it could have gone either way but yet again it didn't go ours.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you just so entrenched in your position, you can’t see anything other than your point of view?
‘As the ball is played forward by Kilman’? It was a bullet of a header. From his head to the goal it was probably less than a quarter of a second. :tearsofjoy:
I've not seen anything remotely persuasive, just people banging on about the fact that Fabianski wouldn't have saved it regardless. True, but not relevant.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anyone expects to go back to halcyon days of refs getting every decision right - because those days didn't exist. We just despise VAR as it has made everything about the game worse.
The question is - has VAR improved things?

I'd say not. We still have controversy, minus the excitement of the ball hitting the back of the net and a goal being scored in many cases.

But you can't have managers moan about it either, think all the clubs pretty much backed its implementation and continue to do so. It's hypocritical.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's yet another example of similar incidents not being treated consistently but we're the ones who have the goal ruled out whereas the others have been given (Man City and Akanji springs to mind)

We'll probably find out in the week that PGMOL have issued new guidance to refs around this type of incident that probably would have helped us but it's closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Won't help us.

It just feels like we've been shafted again because we know it could have gone either way but yet again it didn't go ours.

And here is the crux of the issue…..

The amount of times we are the ones dealt with on the extreme zero tolerance end of the referee scale….

We rarely get the rub of the green decision if there is an element of 50/50 in the call or even 60/40 in our favour we don’t get it….

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not seen anything remotely persuasive, just people banging on about the fact that Fabianski wouldn't have saved it regardless. True, but not relevant.
I, and neither have half a dozen posters, relied on such a flimsy argument.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fuming at the decision, as I know a lot of people are who don't go on molmix or social media.

Back
Top Bottom