Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chiquinho

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play Sasa then playing wingers traditionally would actually make sense (playing Pedro on the left may actually make sense), and Chiq’s the only real right-footed winger we have.

Of course the Pedro cross from the right worked and he made his best right-footed cross ever earlier in the game but burning down the wings and pumping in crosses quickly is a look we could use to mix things up, provided Sasa can get on his horse.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any more news on whether his loan to Stoke is being cancelled? It would be great if Chiquinho came back to add reinforcements. I imagine if there is any truth to these rumours it should become clear pretty soon

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to check, where are we with NHG? Having said I thought he was going to free up space, that doesn't seem to have been a massive problem since! Presume if Nunes goes we've got room even if we can't shift Jonny or Podence?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to check, where are we with NHG? Having said I thought he was going to free up space, that doesn't seem to have been a massive problem since! Presume if Nunes goes we've got room even if we can't shift Jonny or Podence?
I’m not sure if silva has to be registered but assuming he does then current foreign total excluding podence and Nunes would be:

Sa
Semedo
Jonny
Toti
Ait-Nouri
Lemina
Gomes
Bouba
Hwang
Neto
Sarabia
Cunha
Sasa
Silva

Bueno doesn’t require registration, this Paraguayan kid won’t either. So 3 spaces remaining.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure if silva has to be registered but assuming he does then current foreign total excluding podence and Nunes would be:

Sa
Semedo
Jonny
Toti
Ait-Nouri
Lemina
Gomes
Bouba
Hwang
Neto
Sarabia
Cunha
Sasa
Silva

Bueno doesn’t require registration, this Paraguayan kid won’t either. So 3 spaces remaining.
Bloody luxury, gerrem in!

Nivada

Reaction score
Just wish we could have a crosser back in the team

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

Sa
Semedo
Jonny
Toti
Ait-Nouri
Lemina
Gomes
Bouba
Hwang
Neto
Sarabia
Cunha
Sasa
Silva

Fabio does not need to be registered. In fact, if I recall correctly, he will be homegrown when he plays for a full season with the club this year (three years with Wolves before needing to be registered).

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fabio does not need to be registered. In fact, if I recall correctly, he will be homegrown when he plays for a full season with the club this year (three years with Wolves before needing to be registered).
Thanks, I had a feeling he would be HG next year but wasn’t sure if he needed to be registered for this year so that is good info.

Looks like we’re fine on foreign rule though, as you’d expect I guess losing so many this summer!

Knight

Reaction score
His year out on loan count, its three years being own by the club hes HG

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiq being loaned back to Portugal (Familicao). Something's up...does that mean we can't play him if we were to recall him ?
I suspect its because he would take up a non-HG place on the squad and we think he is not ready to compete for a starting place. So loan makes sense. I just hope he doesn't disappear into the loan black hole, because he did look to have potential.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect its because he would take up a non-HG place on the squad and we think he is not ready to compete for a starting place. So loan makes sense. I just hope he doesn't disappear into the loan black hole, because he did look to have potential.
Maybe not such a bad move to an Iberian country where he won't regularly get booted up in the air by Championship defenders (Stoke City ones that is, during training)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. He looked like he’s got something about him but won’t be featuring for us this season if he goes on loan. But as you say it’s always a fear that another loan leads to another etc.

Any truth to the rumours that he was a ******* at Stoke I wonder?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That makes sense. Only issue, (for me), is that when he comes back he'll be 24, heading for 25 - an age by which he really should be an established player somewhere.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That makes sense. Only issue, (for me), is that when he comes back he'll be 24, heading for 25 - an age by which he really should be an established player somewhere.
I'd have liked to have seen him and Mosquera coming through in the same team as Toti, Bueno and Fabio, but I can't see that happening now. It could have been a great new generation.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed a great turn of pace for his goal today. Can we recall in january?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Showed a great turn of pace for his goal today. Can we recall in january?
No he’s already played for two sides he won’t be able to play for us until next season

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I liked Chiquinho a lot and thought he showed enough last season to progress with us this season. Why we loaned him out only the people within the club knows. He definitely offers a threat with his speed and trickery and we need him now if only on the bench. I thought is was baffling at the time and it is still baffling now why we didn’t keep him in the squad

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked Chiquinho a lot and thought he showed enough last season to progress with us this season. Why we loaned him out only the people within the club knows. He definitely offers a threat with his speed and trickery and we need him now if only on the bench. I thought is was baffling at the time and it is still baffling now why we didn’t keep him in the squad
I thought a half season loan was a reasonable idea so he could gain confidence after his injury.
Just a shame the stoke loan wend bad so quick, meaning we can’t now recall him in January.

Reactions: Ian

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Half season loan to get him match fit after a whole season out. It didn’t work out at Stoke otherwise he’d be back in January

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 goals in the Portuguese League isn't great. We don't know whether he wants to return to us or move permanently to Portugal. With only two years left on his contract do we try and sell him for 3 million.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me.....nothing against the lad....he is on his way back sonewhat after a nasty injury.... probably no more back at the level where we signed him from......maybe the right time to part....we've got too many potential players and not enough options....we need to be more ruthless and quicker with descision to focus finances on first team options...

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not for me.....nothing against the lad....he is on his way back sonewhat after a nasty injury.... probably no more back at the level where we signed him from......maybe the right time to part....we've got too many potential players and not enough options....we need to be more ruthless and quicker with descision to focus finances on first team options...
Disagree. We need squad depth and (apparently) we need it on the cheap. Chiquinho has already shown he's up to the job and won't cost anything.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree. We need squad depth and (apparently) we need it on the cheap. Chiquinho has already shown he's up to the job and won't cost anything.
Agree we need squad depth.....but when has he shown he is up to the job.....

Its getting rid of a few players who are not playing a part to bring in a few who will is my point...it's not about chiquhinho as such....it's about getting rid of the 8/9 players we have out on loan to bring in 2/3 to help that is the issue...

He has played 170 mins for wolves in 3 seasons..granted the poor lad got injured...he will be running into his last couple of years off his contract next season...we ain't going to extend it are we....

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree we need squad depth.....but when has he shown he is up to the job.....

Its getting rid of a few players who are not playing a part to bring in a few who will is my point...it's not about chiquhinho as such....it's about getting rid of the 8/9 players we have out on loan to bring in 2/3 to help that is the issue...

He has played 170 mins for wolves in 3 seasons..granted the poor lad got injured...he will be running into his last couple of years off his contract next season...we ain't going to extend it are we....
Agreed we need to move some players on (Guedes, Podence, Hoever, Hodge etc) but I don´t think Chiquinho is one of them. He´s had 8 PL appearances to date and looked very capable (in my eyes). Great cameo at Chelsea for instance.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed we need to move some players on (Guedes, Podence, Hoever, Hodge etc) but I don´t think Chiquinho is one of them. He´s had 8 PL appearances to date and looked very capable (in my eyes). Great cameo at Chelsea for instance.
It's not enough for me....I feel for the lad cause he was badly hampered by that injury but it is also a decent time to get some money back , if we get offer......he has only started 60% of matches for Familicao, which is way off premier league level in my opinion....

We've got too many if players for me and not enough yes players...he is one for me but also obviously one that you might get a bit of a fee for to sell....

One cross at Chelsea 18 months ago , even if it was a belter of a cross isn't gonna change that.

He would be on my list of players to consider offers for with the aim of trying to strengthen the first team squad....with less numbers but more guaranteed options....

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not enough for me....I feel for the lad cause he was badly hampered by that injury but it is also a decent time to get some money back , if we get offer......he has only started 60% of matches for Familicao, which is way off premier league level in my opinion....

We've got too many if players for me and not enough yes players...he is one for me but also obviously one that you might get a bit of a fee for to sell....

One cross at Chelsea 18 months ago , even if it was a belter of a cross isn't gonna change that.

He would be on my list of players to consider offers for with the aim of trying to strengthen the first team squad....with less numbers but more guaranteed options....
I'd be interested to know what went on at Stoke that cut his loan there short (after a decent start apparently). Then there was his cryptic social media post when departing for Famalicao. TBF there was more to his appearances than just one cross at Chelsea... With Neto probably on his way we need pace in the team, and that he has in abundance.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what went on at Stoke that cut his loan there short (after a decent start apparently). Then there was his cryptic social media post when departing for Famalicao. TBF there was more to his appearances than just one cross at Chelsea... With Neto probably on his way we need pace in the team, and that he has in abundance.
We will have to wait and see what's happens....but IF we get offers for any of the loan players I think we will consider em.... obviously dependant on those offers....we may not get any for some...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We would have recalled him in January had he stayed at stoke we only sent him to get his fitness back.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets face it. He would be starting for us in our current situation. We seem to have loaned out too many players and not thought about the total lack of depth in attacking areas.
I agree with that; our squad is unquestionably too small and the reasons for that are well known but its a shame that we didnt keep Chiquino, Mosquero and even Silva with the group for this season.
Ultimately they may not make it in the PL but our squad would be better with them than without, and i doubt it would have made a huge difference to our financial position.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me he passed the ‘eye’ test. He was rapid, could dribble, strong and most of all could hit a final ball. To me he looked like a Traore who could cross, I had v high hopes.
If he can get back to it and isn’t a total **** I say get him back and let Gaz work on him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets face it. He would be starting for us in our current situation. We seem to have loaned out too many players and not thought about the total lack of depth in attacking areas.
He wouldn't though would he....he wouldn't make no difference to the current situation...he isn't a striker and certainly wouldn't take Sarabia shirt....he would give a bit more depth on the bench than say chirwera but that's about it...

Some are getting carried away with a couple of goals at a level that is miles away from the premier league....yes we need more players in our squad but I would put chiquhinho isn't a premier league squad player in any way ....we wouldn't be excited if we was signing a player from Familicao this summer....

Back
Top Bottom