Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester City

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to be reasonable when it's your own club, so I understand their anger.

But they were absolutely cheated at Leeds, and you could argue that was the most important game of the season. If they won there, the confidence that brings, the way they played etc. it's hard to see how they would've been caught.

As an aside, that's why we need VAR, that could be the defining moment of Leicester's season, and they were done by inept officials who bottled it (IMO) at a big crowd.

Then, yesterday, arguably their best ever player has decided to miss some absolute sitters. The first one would've been a good goal, but you expect Vardy to score. The next two he simply can't miss, especially the third. Can't really do much about that. The Championship is tough, if you're missing chances like that, always a chance it will come back to bite you.
I’d agree about their game at Leeds, but you’ve got to take the season as a whole. How many points have they gained when the decisions went their way. I have no idea, but they must have benefitted somewhere along the line.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats a huge myth. He never said we weren't good enough to stay up.

This season was totally different to taking over a side on its knees, bottom of the league and morale at rock bottom. As i said before, last season was simply about staying in the league. Thats not saying GON hasnt done a fine job, but its a different scenario to last season.
Lopetegui wanted to push for europe. He didnt think we could and he was probably right

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to be reasonable when it's your own club, so I understand their anger.

But they were absolutely cheated at Leeds, and you could argue that was the most important game of the season. If they won there, the confidence that brings, the way they played etc. it's hard to see how they would've been caught.

As an aside, that's why we need VAR, that could be the defining moment of Leicester's season, and they were done by inept officials who bottled it (IMO) at a big crowd.

Then, yesterday, arguably their best ever player has decided to miss some absolute sitters. The first one would've been a good goal, but you expect Vardy to score. The next two he simply can't miss, especially the third. Can't really do much about that. The Championship is tough, if you're missing chances like that, always a chance it will come back to bite you.
If Vardy is the answer they are asking the wrong questions.

He barely featured last season l can’t imagine time has been kind to someone who relies so much on pace.

Having said that, if he’s in the spot to score, then those instincts shouldn’t really desert you.

Probably on the comedown from the night before

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d agree about their game at Leeds, but you’ve got to take the season as a whole. How many points have they gained when the decisions went their way. I have no idea, but they must have benefitted somewhere along the line.
Was about to write exactly the same. Taking one single decision without context and saying it’s why we need VAR is madness to me when you see what it’s done to the game.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lopetegui wanted to push for europe. He didnt think we could and he was probably right
Which gives him a very small market to shop in. Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea (?) maybe, for one reason or another, but other genuine/probable Europe contenders are difficult to spot. He might need to experience a lot more wet weather before a suitable opportunity comes available.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile we're currently pushing for Europe with 10 games to go
indeed, when all bets were off for relegation.
Realistically? With the ravaged squad we have left (and even that has some players in it which JL might not have had)? Can l have a few pints of whatever you are on. I'm not holding my breath on a top half finish.
Me neither, but the insinuation is that we wouldn’t be competitive, and we clearly are.
no we arent. we are struggling. why? because he was right - we dont have the depth of squad. did you watch the villa game? proof if proof were needed
we don’t have the depth to handle our first choose front four all being injured at the same time.
Which club does?

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Watching Leicester ATM and they have better attacking options than us at the moment
On a different note is it just me but I can't listen to Lee hendrie commentary. He talks absolute drivel and repeats himself over and over. What is with these ex villa players commentating. I have the same problem with collymore and agbonlahor on talksport.thick as pig****. How can you get a job on a platform where you need to talk but the one thing you can't do is talk!!!!!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Leicester ATM and they have better attacking options than us at the moment
On a different note is it just me but I can't listen to Lee hendrie commentary. He talks absolute drivel and repeats himself over and over. What is with these ex villa players commentating. I have the same problem with collymore and agbonlahor on talksport.thick as pig****. How can you get a job on a platform where you need to talk but the one thing you can't do is talk!!!!!
We have probably £150M of talent on the treatment table.

I think any team in the world would struggle without that apart from maybe Man City and even then it would depend on who was missing.

I think fully fit we have the better forward line

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester are definitely at risk of a choke season. It’s still in their hands, but they need to win now to get back in the top two as their goal difference is inferior. If they don’t win and are chasing the top two, I don’t think they will make it, and very few teams who were ahead and slip to third end up winning the play offs.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester are definitely at risk of a choke season. It’s still in there hands, but they need to win now to get back in the top two as their goal difference is inferior. If they don’t win and are chasing the top two, I don’t think they will make it, and very few teams who were ahead and slip to third end up winning the play offs.

Isn’t their goal difference better than Ipswich.

Leicester - 77 - 35
Ipswich - 84 - 51

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
indeed, when all bets were off for relegation.

Me neither, but the insinuation is that we wouldn’t be competitive, and we clearly are.

we don’t have the depth to handle our first choose front four all being injured at the same time.
Which club does?
You make very good points. I suspect you're wasting your time in trying to reason with some people though.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no we arent. we are struggling. why? because he was right - we dont have the depth of squad. did you watch the villa game? proof if proof were needed
The villa game in which the first goal proved decisive? A first goal that RAN should have scored. We lost to a very good goal and a fluke, we were hardly outclassed, despite having so many rookies on the pitch.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Suspect quite a few championship clubs won't be happy, as they've keep hold of a few key players this season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They tell the EFL you cant punish us as we were in the Prem, and the Prem you cant punish us as we no longer in your league lol,good luck with that
Ridiculous amount to be over the limit and thats with massive profits on player sales
They should be docked a minimum of 12 points and they may yet not get promoted,total madness

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said we couldn't compete in the premier league, no mention of Europe, although I'm sure this was for dramatic effect with his mate Ballague, he knew the team was good enough to stop up, but wanted to pressure his bosses.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A £90m loss, I think they are in even more trouble than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom