Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54 - Ref Watch v Burnley

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score

19:45
Wolves

Referee: Tom Bramall. Assistants: Mat Wilkes, Adrian Holmes. Fourth official: Matt Donohue. VAR: Chris Kavanagh. Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t wanna jinx it, but he did the home game against Everton and the game at the Hawthorns, did well both times, especially the second one when the home fans turned it into a freak show parade.
Yes Jade quite correct

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Agree however the linesman would have had a much better view of it as he was in line with it and was on that side of the pitch. Dawson pointed this out to both the linesman and ref
Looked pretty bad in real time to me! Not the ugliest thing I saw that day though to be fair!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Burnley fans weren’t impressed. Was a soft free kick that led to our goal really but we’ve had plenty gone against us

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Burnley fans weren’t impressed. Was a soft free kick that led to our goal really but we’ve had plenty gone against us
Probably frustrated after the bad decision at Chelsea too but as you say everyone has had poor calls against them in all leagues .

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I thought he was ok but was badly let down by two appalling linesmen. The guy next to the dugouts was particularly bad.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not brilliant, not bad, and I didn’t feel like he stacked the cards against us. To be honest, I think RAN was lucky to get the free kick which led to our goal. Looked more like he tripped over the ball to me. I’m not complaining mind, and I didn’t see Burnley players complaining either.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought he was ok but was badly let down by two appalling linesmen. The guy next to the dugouts was particularly bad.
One of my little comedy moments was late on when there was a through ball out wide to a player (think it was Boubacar) who was clearly offside. The lino went to raise his flag, but then decided not to and left him to run. The entire rest of the team, all out on their feet, just stood in the middle of the park and watched until he eventually decided to flag.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kompany was right to point out that O'Shea didn't foul Ait-Nouri for our goal.

However, Chiwome didn't foul Esteve for the free-kick that ultimately resulted in their goal, and we were on a good break then as well.

The ref was pretty poor all-round but no major mistakes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kompany was right to point out that O'Shea didn't foul Ait-Nouri for our goal.

However, Chiwome didn't foul Esteve for the free-kick that ultimately resulted in their goal, and we were on a good break then as well.

The ref was pretty poor all-round but no major mistakes.

Yes, at the time I had that "If we score from this, they are going to complain ..." ,because it didn't look like a foul at all. Overall, though, we've been on the receiving end of exactly that situation several times in recent seasons and thats' the first time I recall as scoring from a non-existant foul. So it's balanced out a bit.

And TBF to the ref, in real time I can see why he gave it. It was only on the replays that it looked clearer that there was no contact, or minimal at most. Which brings up VAR again - what is the point of getting the microscrope out for toenail offsides and anything else the ref may have missed, but not crucial free kicks that, like last night, teams can score from? Incorrect decisions that could send a team down, and we have the technology there - as VAR supporters keep telling us. Yes, it would slow the game down, but it already does this! The argument there is that a 3 minute delay is acceptablefor a correct decision, so why not for *every* decision that could result in a goal?

Though I'm not arguing for more VAR - but that it's flawed in it's basic concept and should be scrapped completely. If the correctness of every decisions is that important, then if a match takes 2 hours to finish, that is as it should be. And if decisions don't have to be proved 100% correct, then scrap it as it what it adds just isn't worth the cost.

Also, regarding the mention here of commentators being told to side with the decision makers - the commentary I was watching didn't make much of it. Even as the replay was showing how dubious it was, they didn't bring attention to it, rambling on about other things as they do. VAR is a mess.

<EDIT> More to the rant - it's similarly inconsistent for yellow and red cards with red cards beign subject to VAR and yellow cards not. So players are frequently sent off for 2 yellows with no check. Yet reds occasionally get rescinded (or upgraded) by VAR. I just can't stand inconsistency!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom