Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gaz tapped up?

Will Gaz leave for Man Ure?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be Southgate's assistant, hope he looks good in a waistcoat

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he will go but it shows how highly regarded he is. If he keeps his feet on the ground he will move to a big 6 . Maybe 2026 after he has won something here please

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would a very intelligent, well thought of, appreciated manager/head coach of a Premier League club pack it in and become part of a coaching set up at Man U or anywhere else?

Just a load of ********, so stay where you are making a name for yourself, Gary.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. :)
And the plot next to them will be occupied by Liverpool once Klopp is gone.:):):)
Liverpool would actually be the more viable destination. I think he has links with the club?

I would be surprised but not shocked if he goes there but he’ll never go up ManUre

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fellow Fans,
Are we once again putting the cart before the horse? Let’s wait and see what the future brings.
After all , the Utd. board might not even be considering Gary……….not even a little bit.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham or the England jobs are the only ones we could lose him for in the next couple of years I recon……..

He wouldn’t have stepped out the shadows at b’mouth and gambled on that if he didn’t want to manage! Also, the state we were in with FFP sales in the summer, didn’t leave us as a gorgeous proposition too many, so he took a leap to manage again.

Taken on two bloody hard scenarios as his first managerial stints and passed both auditions by keeping the teams up…..

So no reason to make those achievements pointless for his career by becoming a number two at a basket case of a club…..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was out of work and got offered an assistant job at a top club under an elite manager I could see the sense in him taking it. However no way I could see him leaving a job as the main man at a decent premier league club in order to take that sort of role.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read this as Gaz taped up, I thought someone had hold of an incriminating video, I was quite relieved when I saw the real topic!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way things are every manager whose doing well in the Prem will eventually be linked to Man Utd.

Nothing to see here!
Hopefully! Emery to United lol, why don’t they wheel out Roy Hodgson old skool style will shake them up

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No ****ing way, he has the keys to the kingdom here, we seem like we have a solid long-term plan and vision in place. Ratcliffe or not, Man U are still a joke and a shadow of who they were under Ferguson...

It’s just more media bull****. Every day on BBC rumours, it’s “Man U want Pele” “Man U want Zico”. Etc etc.

Some of the arrogance is astounding with these clubs though.
There was one the other day “Barcelona want to sign Joao Felix on a permanent deal, but are unwilling to pay Athletico’s asking price”

So they won’t sign him then.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
It’s just more media bull****. Every day on BBC rumours, it’s “Man U want Pele” “Man U want Zico”. Etc etc.

Some of the arrogance is astounding with these clubs though.
There was one the other day “Barcelona want to sign Joao Felix on a permanent deal, but are unwilling to pay Athletico’s asking price”

So they won’t sign him then.
Arrogance is the word. "Big" clubs and their fans in particular think they have a divine right to everything. I saw Arsenal fans on twitter saying something about how they won't pay our asking price for Neto and we will be forced to sell. Pure fantasy.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If (big if) he was offered the main role at United, he’d be gone like a shot. For all they’re clearly in a massive slump it’s still in the top 3 or 4 top jobs in world football.
What happens to his loyal backroom staff in those circumstances?

They wouldn’t be joining him, imo.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happens to his loyal backroom staff in those circumstances?

They wouldn’t be joining him, imo.
If he got the main gig, then I’m sure he’d have a choice in his back room staff. Would they swap Wolves for United? I’d be suprised if they didn’t. Plus like any body in any career, he’d put himself first. Similarly if they got approached by United but he didn’t, I’m sure they’d move. That’s football (and life).

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Seems Wolves are prepared to discuss a new deal with Gary O'Neil after Man Utd's approach.
What the hell is this bit :rolleyes:... "The Midlands outfit may be forced to pay compensation to Manchester United if they decide to appoint O'Neil as their new manager. Wolves handed O'Neil a three-year contract when he took charge over the summer." ... top writing, so we have to pay them compensation to keep our own manager, finally proof the league is fixed?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems Wolves are prepared to discuss a new deal with Gary O'Neil after Man Utd's approach.

All the quotes about United's interest were in the article yesterday. The bit about opening talks is from an article a few weeks ago, so is absolutely not about us opening talks as a result of their interest.

This is low quality churnalism, and not worth sharing.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs spoke about this last week, before any mention of Man Utd.

To use the words of a man who is unable himself to speak any sort of truth, fake news..

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the hell is this bit :rolleyes:... "The Midlands outfit may be forced to pay compensation to Manchester United if they decide to appoint O'Neil as their new manager. Wolves handed O'Neil a three-year contract when he took charge over the summer." ... top writing, so we have to pay them compensation to keep our own manager, finally proof the league is fixed?
A crap piece of media reporting if you ask me!

That article isn’t worth the ‘paper’ it’s written on, imo.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody Man Utd, would Stan Cullis have gone there?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t see this happening for two reasons.
(1) The role mentioned at Man U suggests it’s a step down from his current first team manager role at Wolves.
(2) He genuinely seems to really appreciate the opportunity Wolves gave him at the beginning of the season (JL could learn a thing or two from this) and I thing he’ll want to continue to progress the fantastic job he’s doing till at least the end of his 3 year contract.
Man Utd have been on a downward spiral ever since their academy stopped producing a number of high quality international class players. It pains me to say it but Liverpool are looking like they’re on the verge of a very successful period of players coming through the ranks into established first team stars. If 5 or 6 first team regulars come through the ranks it helps allow a lot more money to be spent on top quality players to give a balance of quality and experience.

Back
Top Bottom