Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry Verdict

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels worse this morning than yesterday. A day out at Wembley would have been brilliant, no getting away from it.

Can’t get the image of Lemina trying to do Cruyff turns by the byline in the 96th minute out my head. Or Ran taking shots from 35 yards out.

Our management of that added time was absolutely mental.

loppers86

Reaction score
We only have ourselves to blame. Let the occasion get to us

Kilman cacked his pants with a few others.

The highlights show really poor goals to concede. Looks like we was second best for most of it

No Dawson no leadership on that pitch. Lemina can’t do it all

Big summer rebuild ahead
That’s exactly wrong.
We need to keep what we have (possibly losing and replacing one) and then strengthen the squad.

Two players for every position was what JL wanted and we pretty much have one and an 18 year old.

This season is pretty much identical to what happened under Lage - let’s hope next season doesn’t follow the same pattern too.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels worse this morning than yesterday. A day out at Wembley would have been brilliant, no getting away from it.

Can’t get the image of Lemina trying to do Cruyff turns by the byline in the 96th minute out my head. Or Ran taking shots from 35 yards out.

Why is Lenin’s not just trying to win a throw ffs

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Still angry about it, that was a prime opportunity to play in the Semi-Finals.

To get back to 2-1 then throw it all away, was criminal.

Listened to it on the radio, whilst driving, lots of swearing & road rage afterwards !

Only saw their winning goal this morning, the defending was non-existent

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was funny that Jose Sa fooled the commentators into thinking he was really injured when he went down in the first half. It was clearly a tactical injury to give O'Neil the chance to talk to the players. You could even see Sa give the physio a tap when the players moved away from O'Neil.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watched the highlights again and the defending really is pathetic for the 2 goals at the end. Very similar to man utd game in that we got caught up in the game and lost all composure. Shocking really and you will never get anywhere switching off like that

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
so many gloating wba fans let them have their moment I suppose

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we saw yesterday was how thin our squad is.
I cant fault the effort, maybe the decision making occasionally, but we ended the game with no strikers and four fullbacks on the pitch.
Ultimately, the responsibility for this wasn't on the pitch or in the dugout

Our first 14/15 is pretty good , but been obvious for a while that we are only an injury / suspension or two away from having a problem .......Get that the club have had to operate within FFP rules , but irony is when you look at the experienced players we sent out on loan (for various reasons) , some are exactly what we need for periods like this and cant help but wonder if GON had had chance to work with likes of Podence , Guedes , Chiquino, Campbell , rather than having to throw kids in we might still where we are in the league and in another semi final ...........

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We've massively overachieved this season. Heaven knows what Man City would have done to us playing like that? GON needs backing in the summer to fill the squad out with a bit more quality.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s exactly wrong.
We need to keep what we have (possibly losing and replacing one) and then strengthen the squad.

Two players for every position was what JL wanted and we pretty much have one and an 18 year old.

This season is pretty much identical to what happened under Lage - let’s hope next season doesn’t follow the same pattern too.
JL was dead wrong about this squad so I put zero credence to anything he says. Telling he is still out of work.

We’ve had a great season.

loppers86

Reaction score
JL was dead wrong about this squad so I put zero credence to anything he says. Telling he is still out of work.

JL built this squad. He just wasn’t prepared to undo all his good work by playing 18 year olds up front first time we got a couple of injuries.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. Back in August, people on here were saying Wolves were certainties for relegation. Yet here we are with just 10 games to go challenging for a place in Europe.

Just my opinion, but I don’t think the season has been too bad at all.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been an excellent season from a manager I and others hugely disliked at first but a squad which was always mid table. The squad issues were set in stone prior to january 2023 and really that's what's cost us todsy.

How we threw the game away sits on players and manager but in the end we've seen all season that our defence lacks leadership when dawson doesn't play and even when he does to some extent. It's time to make changes there. They all work hard but are too passive and static.

It's how football goes but to do it twice at key moments in the cup in a few years is heartbreaking. Cov deserved it tho - heads never went down and created chance after chance. Watford robbed us, coventry didn't.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or Joao Gomes knocking the ball over someone's head in the middle of the park. What happened to kicking it to the corner and playing for time? We were 2-1 up and playing like we were winning 3-0 or something.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Hugo Bueno I'd be asking GON why Doc is getting on the field before me.
Doc looks disinterested and unfit, Bueno yesterday looked head and shoulders better.
See Jonny previously too. Doc is absolutely ****ing useless.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they had gone out the way in which we did I’m sure we would be gloating it’s the nature of football fans.
Hopefully we get our own back when they crash out of the playoffs final
I sincerely hope that they fail to make the playoffs.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If they had gone out the way in which we did I’m sure we would be gloating it’s the nature of football fans.
Hopefully we get our own back when they crash out of the playoffs final
You think they’ll get to the final?!

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Weirdly feel nothing this morning, it was our own fault, Coventry played well and we seemed too knackered to keep up with them, some of our counters in the first half were done at walking pace and while we improved hugely in the second half the defence didn't.

Hopefully in the break, we get those who are injured back, allow the others to recuperate and fingers crossed for no international injuries.

Back
Top Bottom