Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry Verdict

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful absolutely dreadful. Apart from Ait-Nouri and Sa absolutely useless. Injuries will be the excuse but they out muscled us much of the time and simply played better than us. Apart from the period when we un- deservedly got the two goals the team looked dozy and no real leadership from Kilman.
But the real blame lies with the board. Before FFS issues made money tight we had several opportunities to sign a quality striker and failed again and again.Having to play a novice18 year old and 19 year old as your central striker says it all. £77 million wasted on Silva, Guedes and Kaladjic.
Why Ait-Nouri wasn 't played as an out and out winger from the outset only GON knows. And why Doyle was playing so deep when.he has such a shot on him only the manager knows. But the truth is he never got the striker he craved and that is the main reason we failed today to possibly get to an FA cup final for the first time since 1960. What a shambolic waste.
Felt sorry for Fraser who was left totally isolated with zero service.
Re your penultimate para what the hell was playing RAN behind Doc for 30ish minutes about?

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve just seen their first goal.

FML. That’s the clearest handball you will ever see. 5 minutes later they gave it. Then 9 mins of added time in which they score twice.

We’ve been robbed here, no matter how **** we were.

Disgrace!
We were not robbed one bit - we would have robbed them had we held on (not that I really would have cared too much!!)

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Just got home from the Mol. Well RAN and Sa the better players but everyone else was off it. They played well and Simms is a premier league player dossing in the championship for a bit lol. I am too gutted to analyse anything other than that gut wrenching inability to think straight after seeing those 2 goals go in late on.

Ruined the weekend so bought loads of beer to sit and watch the evening game. FFS Wolves.
Have a good evening mate, fair play for backing the lads today and I hope you had a good time despite the result. Was really hoping to get a ticket msyelf.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were poor and could have been 3 down by half time. Disappointing thing was that we didnt show up at all until we went 1-0 down.
I appreciate our selection difficulties but I still think that performance was unacceptable.

Fair play to Coventry. Over the 99 minutes they were the better team and they deserved the win.

VAR is a shambles. 5 minutes to decide on a handball? I was live at the game so I havent seen the VAR footage but surely it doesnt take 5 minutes to decide a handball. Pathetic.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How ironic it will be that after knocking the **** out of the cup that they still get a trip to Wembley and we don’t
****ing typical

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve calmed down a bit so am able to praise Coventry now. They were fantastic today, written off by us since the draw and looked like the PL team on the pitch. Spurned some glorious chances and caused us problems whenever they went forward and had some very clever attacking players supporting Simms.

Coventry had two strikers and even they have a bigger squad than us. Says it all really. The also have a few injuries.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 2-1 it felt weirdly fraudulent, couldn’t even say our Prem class had got us there. They wanted it more and the better team won at the end.
RAN and Gomes are the only mentionable Wolves players with any credit.
Sa? Did his job and made a meal of his patted away saves.. did his job..until he didn’t.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your penultimate para what the hell was playing RAN behind Doc for 30ish minutes about?
This.

And for me (a) the switch to a back 4 made us defensively weaker, plus (b) allowing Palmer the freedom of the pitch, we're two further tactical errors IMV.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From GON today:

"I knew it would be tough as it was. We have one fit senior attacker fit at the club which is Pablo Sarabia, we used Rayan and we used Mario higher but then we lose them lower."

He is a ****ed as many of us at Fosun I’m sure, but is professional enough not to show it.
Sarabia isn't even a sriker. The board and recruitment team seriously ****ed up on Silva, Guedes and Kaladjic wasting a cool £77m plus....hence FFS issue but before that a complete failure over 3 years to sign JImenez' heir and no replacement whatsoever this season after Silva, Guedes and Kaladjic were loaned out. Madness.

Hollywood Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve just seen their first goal.

FML. That’s the clearest handball you will ever see. 5 minutes later they gave it. Then 9 mins of added time in which they score twice.

We’ve been robbed here, no matter how **** we were.

Disgrace!
Do they need an independent assessor to mark the referee and VAR every match and then get rid of the worst at the end of the season.
Have watched a number of European league games this season. Can we have their refs over here?

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Luton just had a goal disallowed for handball. Commentators said if ball hits arm of attacking player, it should be an instant foul and no goal according to rules. I’m not making an excuse as we were woeful at best, but the ball hits arm of attacking player. Why does VAR take 5 minutes over this, and then come back and say it’s inconclusive?!

Hollywood Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Luton just had a goal disallowed for handball. Commentators said if ball hits arm of attacking player, it should be an instant foul and no goal according to rules. I’m not making an excuse as we were woeful at best, but the ball hits arm of attacking player. Why does VAR take 5 minutes over this, and then come back and say it’s inconclusive?!
It shows the appalling standard of our officials. They all appear to have their own interpretation of the rules.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just saw the handball.

That's a poor decision grand scheme of things they'd of properly popped another goal on but how can they not rule that out? Ended up biting is the **** aswell with that added time checking it out! Lol.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Coventry, they were the better team on the day.

Would that have been the case if our regular, front three starters were fit. Who knows?

Ultimately, our threadbare squad cost us.

Massively disappointing… but a game too far.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The better team won on the day.
Unfortunately, we have a cracking Premier league first eleven, but a pretty **** poor Premier league squad.
I despair though, first comment I read on social media after the game was slagging José Sa, and saying we need to get rid of him?!!!
He was immense today!!!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's weekend absolutely ruined. Probably into next week too.
This
Absolutely this
I am ****ing livid

Can’t even be ***** to have a drink

Watch city lose to geordies now and Man U beat the scousers while register shock Chelsea
Absolute bottled it and the captain and manager need to carry the can.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The better team won on the day.
Unfortunately, we have a cracking Premier league first eleven, but a pretty **** poor Premier league squad.
I despair though, first comment I read on social media after the game was slagging José Sa, and saying we need to get rid of him?!!!
He was immense today!!!
Sa was unreal today, awesome performance. The fact we still conceded 3 speaks to how bad we were.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Some irony in the VAR decision going against us wrongly but taking five mins which in turn gave them the time to score the two late late goals later.
This is the reason my lad was so disappointed on the way home. Did we deserve to win? Nope. But football isn’t fair and teams get luck. Or make luck. But the 5 minute var check was entirely out of the 22 on the pitches hands. So for that to contribute so greatly to added time is another kick in the teeth from stockley park. Well played var.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom line is Cov absolutely deserved this. Could have scored 6.

RAN and Sa MOTMs for us.

Injuries killed us - Dawson defensively was missed, up front was woeful and Lemina out of position.

Gutted but weirdly philosophical and would have been daylight robbery to have won.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bottom line is Cov absolutely deserved this. Could have scored 6.

RAN and Sa MOTMs for us.

Injuries killed us - Dawson defensively was missed, up front was woeful and Lemina out of position.

Gutted but weirdly philosophical and would have been daylight robbery to have won.
Spot on.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Paid the price for a paper thin squad , Coventry would have been out of sight if sa was off it , don’t really want to slate players but I struggle to see how kilman holds a place down let alone captain the side , he must be the most laid back quietest footballer on the planet , never smells danger and just marks fresh air , well deserved Coventry
Whilst I’m feeling grumpy - after feeling this way since his captaincy was announced - I will never understand max being made captain. He either hides his natural leadership well so we can’t see his natural charisma and the respect that he commands where the team will run themselves into the ground for him, or he is what I think he is; a milquetoast nothing man who has a generally good game but is in no way shape or form a leader of men. I’ve never once seen him exhibit the traits I associate with a captain and it has eaten at me week after week.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps we can chill out with the tactical genius moniker now. There was only one tactician in the dugouts today and he was not in ours.
Hmmm..... I'm sure that Pep and Klippetty never get things wrong on occasion.... Oh, wait....

Back
Top Bottom