Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Coventry City (FAC6) comms thread.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season over.

So many players have let themselves down today, but for me Kilman, Semedo, Lemina and Docherty need a word. Useless does not begin to describe them today.

No point in rushing any of our forwards back now, we'll need them in tip top condition to sell in the summer (Neto, Hwang) and for next season (Cunha).

GON got his tactics badly wrong to be sure, but ultimately it's Shi that put us in this position.
I think Semedo did ok.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think tactically GON got it wrong today, but not having a single senior striker available proved to be one step too far, the players gave their all but it wasn't enough, having said that we should still have had too much for a very good Coventry team, I think this match was lost just as much off the pitch as it was on the pitch, Coventry deserved the win and could have indeed should have sewn it up long before added time, it's going to be a difficult end to the season having all our forwards injured but GON needs to find a way for us too stop shipping goals whilst we are toothless up top.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Semedo did ok.

He lost his man on too many occasions. Coventry were having a field day down his side second half. Getting numerous crosses into our box. Semedo has had an excellent season but to me he was defensively very poor today along with Kilman, Bueno

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi is still here though after multiple failed windows at getting a striker in. He might be a puppet for Fosun but then that means they are failing yet again to address the areas required and showing to having limited knowledge on running a football club .
I thought we’d signed Cunha for £43m. Not a striker but a fair chunk invested up front.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Ipswich in the league cup throwing a two goal lead

We are gold medal bottlers this year
We have come back from behind though v Chelsea and Spurs.

Let’s not have one match define the season!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t even think it was complacency. Coventry just wanted it more and we couldn’t handle the pressure
I think it was complacency. I think too much taking your eye off the ball when your about to control the ball
Too much expecting to be able to run players from deep, and too many hospital passes. Too much expecting more time on the ball than they could get. We should have been 2 or 3 down before our mini comeback, and most of it came from our poor passing out from the back
I hope GON gives them all a *******ing, cos really sloppiness got us into the mess we were in, and then when we got in front we couldn't see it out when it should have been in the bag.
All in all I'm not as ****ed off as I thought I would be in this situation, because we just didn't deserve to win.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the few minutes he was on the pitch, it's apparent that Chiwome needs to be ahead of Fraser in the pecking order
Spot on , he has more pace, was mobile interactive and involved . Fraser doesn't look fit at all . Chiwome didn't just rely on service from others he went looking for it and wasnt bullied . I'd start him over Fraser .

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Coventry they deserved it. We snook in front only because of their wasted chances. They suck at and a little bit of quality won it for them.

Gutting, but a club like ours can't have £150m of attacking players out and expect to steamroller good championship teams.

We need two or three £5m-£10m back up championship level players to boost the squad, knowing they may never play. We are never going to do that, so at times of injuries you are going to come up short, it's just where we are.

Having said all that I expected us to have more control of the game, even with the players we had available. We played it like a champship game and lost.
The injuries are a **** poor excuse. We have failed again and again to sign another couple of strikers that we so badly need to have a balanced squad. I am fed up with it. It has massively hindered our progress.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi is still here though after multiple failed windows at getting a striker in. He might be a puppet for Fosun but then that means they are failing yet again to address the areas required and showing to having limited knowledge on running a football club .
You'd think they'd have learned a bit by now.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The injuries are a **** poor excuse. We have failed again and again to sign another couple of strikers that we so badly need to have a balanced squad. I am fed up with it. It has massively hindered our progress.
A points reduction due to FFP overspend would have hindered us even more so and resulted in possible relegation .
Disappointed ,but realistically its been a decent season .

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our failure started 3 years ago. The rot set in when we stupidly sold Jota and replaced him with a £35m 18 year old wonder kid who is actually not very good. Probably worth £10m tops right now..
And don't even start me on the idiocy of buying Guedes for a bloated fee....

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Our failure started 3 years ago. The rot set in when we stupidly sold Jota and replaced him with a £35m 18 year old wonder kid who is actually not very good. Probably worth £10m tops right now..
I knew Fabio Silva would be to blame.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both would have done a job today.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FA cup curse
Worse than the Watford choke?
Sounds like we didn’t really turn up
Without our best 3 strikers we did well to go ahead.

Shame we threw it away but season is over now. Beach towels out and cotton wool for Neto

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Semedo did ok.
He was awful, I lost count of the number of easy crosses Coventry put in (including the one for the equaliser) because Semedo stood and watched from five yards away instead of actually trying to challenge the player.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah watford was way worse

It felt infinitely worse. There is a saying that losing the semi final is the worst, at least you get a big day out for the final. We played worse today, though. A lot worse.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
The rot set in when they got rid of nuno cos they wouldn't back him......he knew what we needed and they didn't listen.....things could have been so different

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Also can we please stop saying simms for us......every time someone plays well against us we should sign em. He couldn't lace hwang,cunha or neto boots......I would have scored against our defence today.....absolutely shocking defending

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What was the deal for Jota again, £30m in installments plus Hoever who was meant to be worth £11m but was actually worth less than an electric hoover? Surely goes down in history as the biggest robbery to have taken place in Liverpool, and there's been a few.

Back
Top Bottom