Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Think they had there punishment by way of a defeat. Kings of the BC again.
Absolutely, now the dust has settled it's really the only thing that matters.

They can't claim to be the 'good guys' either. Derbies come back to local pride - couldn't care less how many zeros come after the fine and I don't want them to go out of business - the reputational damage is already done.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Absolutely, now the dust has settled it's really the only thing that matters.

They can't claim to be the 'good guys' either. Derbies come back to local pride - couldn't care less how many zeros come after the fine and I don't want them to go out of business - the reputational damage is already done.
Yes, my only slight annoyance is that we were collateral damage. Not one national media site I've seen mentioned that the guy covered in blood was an Albion fan who had been hit by the police. We're as much to blame as them in the minds of many casual fans.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Yes, my only slight annoyance is that we were collateral damage. Not one national media site I've seen mentioned that the guy covered in blood was an Albion fan who had been hit by the police. We're as much to blame as them in the minds of many casual fans.
I've had people in private walk back on their comments, but I guess that comes down to "away section of fans aren't quite the thugs we painted them as" not being as good a story

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm I'm not sure the FA will see it like that, and Albion's punishment is losing to Wolves. You just can't have that behaviour and they need a proper punishment and all this **** about a few fans in the home end, is the biggest load of *******s.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, in my mind it was a mistake for the cameras to not show what was happening so everyone could see. You can show it and describe what’s going one while making it clear your disgust and that you condemn these actions.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Just to wind us up a bit, apparently they aren't charging us, but we have been 'warned'. As if that would have happened without their conduct.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to wind us up a bit, apparently they aren't charging us, but we have been 'warned'. As if that would have happened without their conduct.

This is about the use of smokebombs, that was our only minor indiscretion.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Whilst I absolutely hate flares, smoke bombs etc I don't understand how Wolves can be responsible for this? The safety of supporters is down to West Brom as it was at the Hawthornes.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Whilst I absolutely hate flares, smoke bombs etc I don't understand how Wolves can be responsible for this? The safety of supporters is down to West Brom as it was at the Hawthornes.
The security that day was **** poor. There was a token pat down on the queue I was standing in. I simply stepped to one side and went through the next turnstile where there were no stewards at all.

You could have got a Sherman Tank in the ground if you’d have wanted to.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Yes , I know, but how many times have you seen smoke bombs? Less than there have been I know, but not exactly rare, would we have been told off without the rest of the stuff that went on?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The security that day was **** poor. There was a token pat down on the queue I was standing in. I simply stepped to one side and went through the next turnstile where there were no stewards at all.

You could have got a Sherman Tank in the ground if you’d have wanted to.
I haven’t got one!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes , I know, but how many times have you seen smoke bombs? Less than there have been I know, but not exactly rare, would we have been told off without the rest of the stuff that went on?
Maybe, but it was nothing in comparison to their behaviour and they let some off too.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

They are ****ed if they don’t get promoted
While Albion's losses are relatively small, the club could face a challenging period ahead to comply with current financial fair play (FFP) regulations, if they remain in place moving forward.

Existing profit and sustainability rules (PSR) state Championship clubs can record losses of no more than £39m across three years – an average of £13m per season.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Don't see there's a problem for them here (in FFP terms). Their rolling losses are less than £6m over three years and that's without taking allowances into account. They can continue to be an irrelevance.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see there's a problem for them here (in FFP terms). Their rolling losses are less than £6m over three years and that's without taking allowances into account. They can continue to be an irrelevance.
The big issue (prior to new ownership) was the fact that it’s their last parachute payments this season so if they don’t go up this summer they’ll still be hamstrung somewhat, just not to the level they were. For all they’ve got rid of a lot of players they’ve still got the 4th highest wage bill in that division

Beowulf

Reaction score
Have they been fined yet or are the charges still hanging over them? The FA seem to be doing well...fa.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot every post has to be slagging our own club off
Some of us still hate West Brom

Sorry…. My post meaning got lost in translation……

It was meant in a way of, their misfortune is so awesome it makes you forget about our issues!!

And that is great! As no matter what is happening here, knowing it is going to **** at West Brom can always lift the spirits

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The BBC reports this on their website about the accounts, but it also mentions something that is missing from the E&S report- ‘But the annual report estimates that the club is still losing a seven-figure sum on a monthly basis’.
There was something about an investigation too - presumably the previous owner who was dodgy as ****

Passedit

Reaction score
There was something about an investigation too - presumably the previous owner who was dodgy as ****
Yes, this also from the BBC article
‘A further 2014 loan between the club and West Bromwich Albion Holdings Limited, now taken on by Bilkul Football WBA, is still under investigation’.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know the script with them though, everytime they’re on the brink, something comes along to bail them out.
Promotion will help them steady a sinking ship even if they get relegated

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there and it completely ruined the match, god knows what it looked like on TV. If that was us I’d have been massively ashamed. A few blokes got tickets in their end which was always going to happen and from what I can see they all left with the arms up saying it’s a fair cop and got a few digs. I’m not really bothered about them because they deserved it but what happened after was a complete joke. But id like to think if that was in the Billy Wright someone would just inform a steward and get them ejected. It wasn’t like it was in one of the rougher ends of the ground.
Nah, in the BQ, we stare at people…rather sternly. Then we have our hot cocoa.

Back
Top Bottom