Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mbappe

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rapidly becoming a dislikeable individual with his crappy attitude to managers both on and off the pitch along with a blatant disregard to his club and the fans.

Arrogance personified

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rapidly becoming a dislikeable individual with his crappy attitude to managers both on and off the pitch along with a blatant disregard to his club and the fans.

Arrogance personified
What's he done now?

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's one of the modern sorts who thinks it's his right to be as cynical as he likes because it doesn't matter. At the end of the day he needs to get his money and everything else is noise that will be forgotten.

Whether he's correct is a matter for people to decide on their own. I suspect a lot of people would say he is.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love to watch him personally, he's one of those players almost always with a smile on his face, unlike the moody Richarlison, the scowling Antony and the despicable Ratface.
A decent criteria to judge by (IMO), is would you like to have a pint with this person?
In Wolves squad, Neto is top of the list closely followed by Cunha, and Gomes.

Somebody start a poll. :cool:

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
PSG got themselves to blame really.
Put someone on a pedestal and give them god like status dont be surprised when they then think they are a god and untouchable.

On a slightly lesser level see Lopetegui and Fosun.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m clearly in the minority here but has he done a lot wrong? He wants to play in a better league than the French one and to win the champions league, unfortunately he’s priced out of a move for seasons by PSG so he’s run his contract down so he can get the move. It’s not as though he’s downed tools, he’s scored at pretty much a goal a game the last two seasons

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
overrated??? Sweet Jesus. Pretty much goal a game throughout his career, endless league titles, World Cup winner, golden boot in another World Cup. What more does he do to be “rated” rather than “overrated”

Wouldn't say he's overrated at all he's won nearly everything that's possible.

I think his difficulty has been that his career followed more so overlapped Messi and Ronaldo who are easily two of the best footballers of all time, which is maybe why people don't rate him as highly?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
overrated??? Sweet Jesus. Pretty much goal a game throughout his career, endless league titles, World Cup winner, golden boot in another World Cup. What more does he do to be “rated” rather than “overrated”
He certainly a fantastic player I just don’t think he’s quite as good as he’s made out to be.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Failure? The only thing he’s not won for PSG is the champions league, though he has played in a final. Has he won 5 or 6 French league titles ?
Well that's the only real competition they play in. He wins the French league by showing up.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love to watch him personally, he's one of those players almost always with a smile on his face, unlike the moody Richarlison, the scowling Antony and the despicable Ratface.
A decent criteria to judge by (IMO), is would you like to have a pint with this person?

Hmm, good hypothetical. I reckon shots with Sa (no pun intended), a nice pint of mild with some scampi fries with Dawson, and a good session round town with Cunha. Neto wouldn't be on my (admitedly daft) list tbh.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he has to move to another league, for example Spain. ;)

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Failure? The only thing he’s not won for PSG is the champions league, though he has played in a final. Has he won 5 or 6 French league titles ?
As I understand it, the Qatari's bought PSG with the intention of winning the CL - hence Neymar et al. But the sheer dominance of PSG in La Ligue means that they don't face the week-in week-out intensity of the PL so collapse when the pressure is on - see the 6-1 defeat at Barca .
What the Qatari's really need is a well -established, self-sufficient PL club with potential, good agent contacts and a history of turning up when the chips (orange) are down...

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It'd be totally far fetched to assume he's being trashed in the media by the club because he's not signing a new contract.
Ahh the media, so truthful they are.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'd be totally far fetched to assume he's being trashed in the media by the club because he's not signing a new contract.
Ahh the media, so truthful they are.
Hmmm..... Just as far fetched as every single Wolves head coach who leaves getting trashed... Oh, wait....

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not having this PSG are victims to selfish Mbappe narrative. Real Madrid have tried to buy him for years and PSG wouldn't entertain offers, I'm not sure why Kylian signed that last contract rather than go to Madrid but he's within his rights to leave but he's the poster boy for French football and gives the league a lot of legitimacy so they will employ some character assassination in the press about him. Not saying he's a saint but he's not doing anything wrong.

Also PSG have had a very unbalanced squad for years, a few superstars does not make a champions league winning team you need top coaching and talent all over the pitch so not his fault. PSG are starting to go for younger talented players which they should of done years ago particularly with how ridiculous France have been with producing players but instead they went for established names which didn't work.

He's an absolute freak of a player though he will really show it in a proper team like he does for France and win it all, probably at least another world cup too.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hattrick in a World Cup final…

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think perhaps the ire towards him is related to when he was substituted against Monaco last Sunday at half time. Rather than sit on the bench with his colleagues he sat with in the stands with his family and next to his Mum. As Fayza Lamari is also his agent as well as his Mum and with the recent confirmation of his move to the club who seem immune to tapping up rules Real Madrid, this could explain why PSG fans and the French media have " Le Hump " with Monsieur Mbappe !!!!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's he said to annoy you? To me he's always seemed to come across as fairly grounded, considering how good he is.

PSG have dropped/subbed him because he's leaving at the end of his contract, so it's fair enough for him to be a bit annoyed really. He signed a new deal last year when he obviously didn't have to, and PSG shouldn't have offered him a 1 year deal if they'd be annoyed at him playing for them for 1 additional year.

"My relationship with the coach is good," Mbappe told French broadcasters Canal Plus.

"There is no problem even if people might think there is. I have many issues but the coach is not one of them."

"I always want to play in the Champions League, it is a very important competition. I could never be a player who hides."

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t forget a world cup final hatrick….

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put it this way, l'd love us to have a player even half as 'overrated'....

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tbf, I can see Neto waving his arms about and moaning when I tossed a bag of scratchings at him and they fell off the table.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Can't pretend I've watched loads of him or know the way he is etc. but on the field he is obviously a great talent. He does seem to have an attitude off the pitch but who doesn't these days?

I'll take him on a free, heard he's got posters of Neto on his bedroom walls.

Back
Top Bottom