Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are the definition of mid table inconsistency

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. This happens every now and then. Sa makes a clanger, everyone calls for Bentley. He plays and has a stinker. Revert back to Sa

I don't even think Sa dropped a clanger. "We let in a goal" - everyone calls for Bentley, goalie gets scapegoated because he's last line of defence.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Defending for the 3rd was worse than Sunday league. Learn from this. Move on.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Less said about that, the better. Truly rank from 10 minutes in. We move on.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d put the kids out next week keep the best players fresh for the cup

Feel good factor, team unity, form. Would go out the window and lose everything we've gained back this season if you surrender like that.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we all knew today was going to be a bit like this. Small squad playing a lot of games close together.
Said this was my fear before kick off.

Thankfully a weeks rest and the knocks today aren’t bad and subbed off as precautionary measure

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was all my fault. I had the F1 on.

Hear me out, if I don't look at the ball at kick off then we lose. I was distracted by the F1 start and missed looking at the ball. As soon as that happened I turned to my daughter and told her we're gonna lose 3 nil. I let you all down. Won't happen again.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel good factor, team unity, form. Would go out the window and lose everything we've gained back this season if you surrender like that.
Can’t see us beating fulham anyway so why risk more injuries?

Rotate the squad rest some bodies

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bit harsh. Second half just lacked a cutting edge. Hardly surprising

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a look at bueno following to the centre of the park creating the grand canyonn of space to even allow them that move.
Buenos isn't anywhere near good enough currently to play in this league

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sigh.

Hope we can try and avoid meltdown on here though. It's one game that we could always see would be tough. Disappointing but move on

Can’t fault the players or the manager when the issue is caused by the failings of Jeff…….

They tried, they really did but lack of options and strength in depth isn’t there and that is the fault of Jeff.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst defence

It's not entirely down to our defence. The first two goals - which are the ones that set the match agenda - are from us commiting too many upfield, while being unable to create a significant chance. So commiting more... allowing Newcastle to break quickly. Both goals had lucky deflections that could have gone anywhere but fell to Newcastle players.

If we'd been more direct and incisive going forward, neither chance would have happened. Too often we misplaced passes, or just slowed down and let Newcastle reorganise. We had something like a 20 pass move in their half leading to their first (I think?) goal.

Even the best teams concede goals. The main problem was our lack of threat on the Newcastle goal. If we could have got back to 1-2 , its' game on. TBH we never really looked like it and they always looked the more likely to score the next goal from a counter.

Not sure on the tactical approach. We are under no obligation to entertain. Two similar quality teams neck and neck in the table, at their place, we could have just sat back, taken no risks and played them at their own game.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't just give up on the league like that.
GON also needs to prove he can manage a club well at the tail end of a season . Bournemouth calapsed under his stewardship once safe ......he's better than that . Injuries are a real issue but it's down to him and his team to manage things as well as possible .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abysmal defending for all 3 goals , we've actually played well bit wouldn't score if we played all week.

So if the defending was abysmal and the attack never looked like scoring, which bit actually played well? I don't think the midfield comes out with any credit either. Absent for the first two goals, created little, wayward passing. We were second to most 50/50s. Didn't really look up for it. Individually, Semedo did well, I thought. Mediocre at best from the rest.

Reactions: Ian

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
It's not entirely down to our defence. The first two goals - which are the ones that set the match agenda - are from us commiting too many upfield, while being unable to create a significant chance. So commiting more... allowing Newcastle to break quickly. Both goals had lucky deflections that could have gone anywhere but fell to Newcastle players.

If we'd been more direct and incisive going forward, neither chance would have happened. Too often we misplaced passes, or just slowed down and let Newcastle reorganise. We had something like a 20 pass move in their half leading to their first (I think?) goal.

Even the best teams concede goals. The main problem was our lack of threat on the Newcastle goal. If we could have got back to 1-2 , its' game on. TBH we never really looked like it and they always looked the more likely to score the next goal from a counter.

Not sure on the tactical approach. We are under no obligation to entertain. Two similar quality teams neck and neck in the table, at their place, we could have just sat back, taken no risks and played them at their own game.
Was really surprised we didn’t just try and be compact and hit them on the break after doing what we did to spurs. There was no need to be wreckless.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if the defending was abysmal and the attack never looked like scoring, which bit actually played well? I don't think the midfield comes out with any credit either. Absent for the first two goals, created little, wayward passing. We were second to most 50/50s. Didn't really look up for it. Individually, Semedo did well, I thought. Mediocre at best from the rest.
We kept hold of the ball well in spells but offered nothing.

Back
Top Bottom