Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Brighton (FA cup)

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Killman Bueno Toti
Semado Gomes Doyle RAN
Sarabia Bellegarde
Frasier

Though if the medical team are happy I actually wouldn’t be surprised by an unchanged starting 11.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy with gomes lemina. Definitely would give hwang a bench spell

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy to see dawson and hwang maybe changed our for Fraser and bueno

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle RAN
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde
Give Dawson, Hwang, and Lemina a break. Still a quality side that can do the job. Massive opportunity get into a cup quarter final and one game away from Wembley.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle RAN
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde
Give Dawson, Hwang, and Lemina a break. Still a quality side that can do the job. Massive opportunity get into a cup quarter final and one game away from Wembley.
Good shout on side tbh , we need to protect some for the game against Newcastle tbh

That's also a massive game

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON seems to treat each game on its merits. I reckon no changes

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we go as strong as we can. This is a huge game for us.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Killman Bueno Toti
Semado Gomes Doyle RAN
Sarabia Bellegarde
Frasier

Though if the medical team are happy I actually wouldn’t be surprised by an unchanged starting 11.
Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle RAN
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde
I would give Santi a go prob for Dawson, would put doyle in for gomes and fraser instead of bellegarde

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Doc Doyle Lemina RAN
Neto Hwang Bellegarde

Subs Bentley Dawson Semedo Gomes Traore Sarabia Bueno Fraser Chirewa

4 changes to refresh and keep strong.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I know it is heresy - but I am not convinced of Hwang’s quality. He tries, he has had luck, but is injury prone, has an awful 1st touch and falls over embarrassingly easily (often clutching his face).
I would be happy to leave him out until properly fit. I think Bueno deserves a start as does Doyle.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as we want to be in peak condition vs Newcastle, I think and hope that Gary puts out the team that has the best chance of beating Brighton.
No compromising.

Ps…..Dawson on for me…..absolutely.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I know it is heresy - but I am not convinced of Hwang’s quality. He tries, he has had luck, but is injury prone, has an awful 1st touch and falls over embarrassingly easily (often clutching his face).
I would be happy to leave him out until properly fit. I think Bueno deserves a start as does Doyle.

He’s done amazingly this season but I still think our strongest side is the one that started at Chelsea.

As for Brighton.

Sa
Kilman, Bueno, Toti
Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, RAN
Sarabia, Hwang/Bellegarde, Neto

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If we don't go with our strongest possible line up and then lose this place will be in meltdown after the game.

Hwang I would drop though if only we had an alternative. He's too isolated playing how we do at the moment for me. Huge ask for Fraser though.

Wouldn't drop Dawson - headed everything clear today, organised the defence. Not that I don't think Santi would be OK if needed.

Think we need the legs of Lemina and Gomes, but still wouldn't be against playing Doyle too if we can go more 532.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Go as strong as we can but be mindful of managing players’ minutes. Sounds a bit of a contradiction I know!

Sa
Kilman Santi Toti
Doc Gomes Lemina Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Neto Bellegarde

Bentley, Hugo, Semedo, Dawson, Doyle, Traore, Hwang, Fraser, Chirewa.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitoma is fit again for BHA isn’t he? In which case I think Sarabia supports Semedo best annd has to play, and Hwang works his balls off to support the midfield. That means we’ll need an outlet which is most obviously Neto, but hopefully not Bellegarde up top.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve seen this before from Hwang though, Podence being similar.
Fully fit, no knocks, no niggles, they’re a completely different player.
He’s the only one available atm though that you can count on making the right runs in the box to collect tap ins.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Dawson is our warrior, we need him on the pitch for such important games.

He could/should have been rested today against the Blades.

Reactions: Ian

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
We are safe now so just continue to play our best side. Let's get to the Cup Final hopefully Vs Man City and beat them again 50 years since the last one.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Mitoma is fit again for BHA isn’t he? In which case I think Sarabia supports Semedo best annd has to play, and Hwang works his balls off to support the midfield. That means we’ll need an outlet which is most obviously Neto, but hopefully not Bellegarde up top.
Mitoma missed their game yesterday and isn't a definite to be fit for Wednesday apparently.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect Neto has a niggle, it could be me but after about 40 minutes I thought he looked slighty uncomfortable so I expect he will be rested, let's see. Same applies to Hwang.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought one or two looked a bit leggy, second half. Although a few say different, I thought we set a fair tempo in the first half and the game was fairly stretched so there was a lot of running to do for some.

We just didn’t look quite as bright and snappy as usual. Lemina, Hwang and Neto the ones who seemed to tail off in the second half.

I always say go as strong as you can but that might mean, a player who is just behind the starting 11, gets the nod because he is fresher than his counterpart.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't go with our strongest possible line up and then lose this place will be in meltdown after the game.

Hwang I would drop though if only we had an alternative. He's too isolated playing how we do at the moment for me. Huge ask for Fraser though.

Wouldn't drop Dawson - headed everything clear today, organised the defence. Not that I don't think Santi would be OK if needed.

Think we need the legs of Lemina and Gomes, but still wouldn't be against playing Doyle too if we can go more 532.
There's a small minority of zealous told-you-so types who are just itching to get on Gary O'Neil's case. I think this game is potentially the one that could draw them out into the open.

Back
Top Bottom