Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6060.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

How are we all?

Last weeks win at Tottenham was fantastic, and today we’re back on our own patch, trying to build on it and also right a wrong from earlier on in the season.

Having seen Sheff Utd a couple of times recently, today is a big chance for 3 points. They’ve looked short on quality and also confidence, and it feels like a team just waiting to be put out of their misery. It’s up to us to turn up, be professional and do what’s needed to win. If we turn up expecting an easy/comfortable afternoon, it won’t be.

In terms of line-up, I don’t see the need to change from Tottenham. You can make an argument to switch from the back 3 but the shape seems to help us get the best out of players, so I’d be more comfortable as it is.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia Neto Hwang​

Bentley, Doc, Bueno, Bueno, Doyle, Traore, Bellegarde, Chirewa, Fraser.

That team is more than good enough.

We also have to try and avenge the defeat we had at their place. We were cheated out of a point by the referee and their diving player, but let’s be fair we weren’t very good that day. Need to put it right to avoid a Huddersfield situation.

Atmosphere will be important today. If the players can get off to a fast start then I think the crowd will go with them. But if it’s a slow start and Sheffield are digging in, hope the crowd is patient.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good morning all.

Today is one of those games where we all know there is potential for charity fc to show up again and give 3 points to a rather poor opposition.

I think that the team and GON have learnt an awful lot since we last played SUFC and will put them to the sword today. I just hope we don’t start slowly or see the typical game of 2 halves, and that we apply the pressure from the first whistle.

I agree with JadeWolf in regards the team; we’ve had a week for our players to recover so should be fresh for this. I’m hoping for a clean sheet and a big performance for a 3-0 victory. I’d take a scruffy 1-0 or 2-1 as that would still represent progress in so much as GON working out how to overcome this type of opponent.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only Prem game today, so the focus will be on us (although most of the media will be looking towards Wembley and the Klopp love-in), so a chance to show what we're all about.
Let's put the myth to bed about failing against the 'lesser teams' and put on a display that both thrills and is effective.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just about to leave now for a long schlep up the motorway with my daughter. Very frosty down here! I think after Brentford, and given the results going our way yesterday, we will be fired up for this. Plus Sheffield actually have to win this game. I think 3-0 to us with a couple from Hwang and one from Mario.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are they away fans in the Quad or Bully lower?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't know until today we're the only team in the Premier league that haven't scored a goal from outside the area. 101 attempts 101 failures very poor.
Doesn’t matter how they go in imo. We all love a 25 yard thunder bolt (like Doyle’s in the cup) but a super team goal with slick football is just as enjoyable, as is a scruffy 95th minute winner off a shin/backside.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't know until today we're the only team in the Premier league that haven't scored a goal from outside the area. 101 attempts 101 failures very poor.
Wasn’t Cunha’s outside from err was it Bournemouth away?

*edit - just rewatched and it’s just inside so ignore me

Last edited:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read it on the net, a rocket from outside the area would be great from anybody.
Could it come from an unlikely source such as Semedo or Ait Nouri? Both get forward well but have been criticised for lack of end product. Both have been excellent recently so it would be a perfect way to answer that criticism.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes a change from us relying on a Neves thunderbolt to get something out the game because we couldn't get anyone in the box lol
I did hear Gary say in one of the recent press conferences. We don’t even practice shooting from long range so that was interesting. I think his words was the odd one goes in. Not likely but it’s great when the ball flies in. Then mentioned Bournemouth and Cunha said not sure if it was inside or not must of been very close.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good morning fellow Wolfs. Play as we can and it will be a comfortable victory. But of course we all know Wolves never have, and probably never will do things the easy way. I still expect a victory, but it will not be easy.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly I was trying to remember every goal we’ve scored this season just a couple of nights ago because I had this very thought. Glad it kept me up all night even though I was right :rolleyes:

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big week for wolves starting with this game, let's kick it off properly with a comfortable win and some early second half subs to rest the legs.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only Prem game today, so the focus will be on us (although most of the media will be looking towards Wembley and the Klopp love-in), so a chance to show what we're all about.
Let's put the myth to bed about failing against the 'lesser teams' and put on a display that both thrills and is effective.
It’s not a myth though.

BBC said that since promotion we have lost 10 out of 30 games against teams that have ended up being relegated.

That’s a bad stat

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a myth though.

BBC said that since promotion we have lost 10 out of 30 games against teams that have ended up being relegated.

That’s a bad stat
So, we haven't lost against 20 of them. 2/3s is not great, but considering we're not expected to beat everyone, it's not disastrous.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just about to leave now for a long schlep up the motorway with my daughter. Very frosty down here! I think after Brentford, and given the results going our way yesterday, we will be fired up for this. Plus Sheffield actually have to win this game. I think 3-0 to us with a couple from Hwang and one from Mario.
Safe journey

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Weirdly I was trying to remember every goal we’ve scored this season just a couple of nights ago because I had this very thought. Glad it kept me up all night even though I was right :rolleyes:
Well we have scored from outside the box, just not in the league!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In terms of any Europe ambitions this is a must win. I hope everybody (players and crowd) treat this as such and go hell for leather to get the win. Going to 8th will be a huge thing for us so let’s go and do it!!!

But… it’s a newly promoted team who are getting battered a lot; we’ve seen this film before.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet the Blades fans are missing seeing Tommy Doyle Banging goals in this season so I hope for them he can bang a thunderbolt right in front of their fans for them all to enjoy

WJ1877

Reaction score
Any tickets available on here in the southbank? Can collect from the ground. Thanks

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will still be last on MOTD

Back
Top Bottom