Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a small time fish in their party

22-person LAFC ownership group

• Vincent Tan — $1.6 billion
  • Tony Robbins — $480 million
  • Chad Hurley — $335 million
  • Magic Johnson — $500 million
  • Ruben Gnanalingam — $360 million
Ooh can we get Magic Johnson in the crowd on Sunday.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooh can we get Magic Johnson in the crowd on Sunday.
Tan is now gone.

In 2016, three local investors—Brandon Beck, Larry Berg and Bennett Rosenthal—took over as managing owners of the club with Berg serving as lead managing owner. As of 2017, chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group and entrepreneur Peter Guber is executive chairman, and venture capitalist Henry Nguyen is vice-chairman. The ownership group in 2019 also included businessman Ruben Gnanalingam. Other part-owners and investors include Will Ferrell, Natalie Mariduena, Nomar Garciaparra, Mia Hamm-Garciaparra, Chad Hurley, Magic Johnson, Joseph Tsai, Tucker Kain, Kirk Lacob, Mitch Lasky, Mark Leschly, Mike Mahan, Irwin Raij, Tony Robbins, Lon Rosen, Paul Schaeffer, Brandon Schneider, Allen Shapiro, Mark Shapiro, Jason Sugarman, Harry Tsao, and Rick Welts.

In February 2020, LAFC owners began the process of buying out a 20 percent ownership stake held by Malaysian businessman Vincent Tan. The buyout resulted in a $700 million valuation for the club, the largest on record for a Major League Soccer team at the time

This is from wiki

I have no idea who they are. £80m is small portion and investment for them you could say.

Coincides well with the American film we released L.A Wolves……

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That list of LAFC owners is a really interesting stew of the weird and wonderful of LA.

But Tony Robbins? Yuck.

Mia Hamm could be backup for Neto.

Assume that the Paul Schaeffer mentioned is NOT Letterman's ex-sidekick.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol…there’s something wrong with the mentality of the mods. I had a post deleted for being racist but it was actually a **** take on someone’s post about flavour of crisps. Now if my reply was deemed racist, that says more about the moderator who deleted it. They’re the one who made the leap from my post to racism. They should say now which one moderated my post and is in fact a closet racist and should take a look at themselves. C’mon, which one of you is it?

As is the form on here, this will also probably get deleted as mods also appear to be immune from criticism. However, it seems unfair that they can accuse people of being racists without rebuke.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Lol…there’s something wrong with the mentality of the mods. I had a post deleted for being racist but it was actually a **** take on someone’s post about flavour of crisps. Now if my reply was deemed racist, that says more about the moderator who deleted it. They’re the one who made the leap from my post to racism. They should say now which one moderated my post and is in fact a closet racist and should take a look at themselves. C’mon, which one of you is it?

As is the form on here, this will also probably get deleted as mods also appear to be immune from criticism. However, it seems unfair that they can accuse people of being racists without rebuke.
The moderation was in response to post reports. And as it was a grey area it was a simple deletion, going no further than that.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Moderators should also be impartial and not just delete posts or ban posters who don't align with their own ideals. Just saying.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Moderators should also be impartial and not delete or ban posts which don't align with their own ideals. Just saying.
Regardless of mod ideals, there is no place here for racism, homophobia/transphobia etc, sexism.
For any other discussion I think you will see very differing opinions on all of them.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone who had a post deleted recently, the mods do a difficult job very well. You can't be impartial in the face of racism, and it's better to delete something that could be interpreted as racist regardless of the intent.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you. That's pretty much where it was.
Ridiculous. The intention wasn’t there and it was obvious had the moderator followed the line back to SillyTuna’s post.
First things first, it was an inane post.
Second, I’m not going into details. But it seems the offense wasn’t whether or not the eating habits in a country were wrong, as that would be beyond parody. Like saying the Brits eat lamb is racist. Moreover, that someone took offense on behalf of someone assuming they would be offended by something that wasn’t even aimed at them.
It does seem at odds with sectarian posts or anti Christian posts which are allowed, which I find offensive, yet my silly not racist but could be racist post is deleted. Crackers!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of mod ideals, there is no place here for racism, homophobia/transphobia etc, sexism.
For any other discussion I think you will see very differing opinions on all of them.
So you are calling me a racist?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Ridiculous. The intention wasn’t there and it was obvious had the moderator followed the line back to SillyTuna’s post.
First things first, it was an inane post.
Second, I’m not going into details. But it seems the offense wasn’t whether or not the eating habits in a country were wrong, as that would be beyond parody. Like saying the Brits eat lamb is racist. Moreover, that someone took offense on behalf of someone assuming they would be offended by something that wasn’t even aimed at them.
It does seem at odds with sectarian posts or anti Christian posts which are allowed, which I find offensive, yet my silly not racist but could be racist post is deleted. Crackers!
Did you miss the part where I pointed out the post was reported - and more than once. Whether intended or not, it clearly had the potential to give a certain impression.
So it was removed. Big deal. You don't have a warning, ban, or any further moderation. The huge hump, yes, obviously.
You've also conveniently overlooked a ****load of anti sectarian moderation.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I pointed out the post was reported - and more than once. Whether intended or not, it clearly had the potential to give a certain impression.
So it was removed. Big deal. You don't have a warning, ban, or any further moderation. The huge hump, yes, obviously.
You've also conveniently overlooked a ****load of anti sectarian moderation.
Can this argument between a moderator and a poster not be settled privately instead of this interminable ping-pong that get everyone nowhere? Tedious.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can this argument between a moderator and a poster not be settled privately instead of this interminable ping-pong that get everyone nowhere? Tedious.
I agree, if it was 2 posters a Mod would have warned them, told to knock it on the head, get back to rumours or just deleted the whole conversation :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom