Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't help but feel for the bloke if it's true. As a club we are still well and truly feeling the effects of Scott Sellars, can't remember a single fan who didn't mention his injury record when his signing was announced. This is **** luck but also somewhat predictable.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for the guy, he seems like a really good person who’s going to be let down by his body in the end.

There’s no way our new medical team without Dr Death would have signed off on the transfer after all the scans during the medical.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't help but feel for the bloke if it's true. As a club we are still well and truly feeling the effects of Scott Sellars, can't remember a single fan who didn't mention his injury record when his signing was announced. This is **** luck but also somewhat predictable.

I pray for him that the injury isn’t an ACL…… I am gutted for him if it is!!!! A third torn ACL is definitely career over at the top level.

It was always a signing that we shouldn’t have made on his injury record! That was clear at the time! With our financial state as it was it seems to be a very very poor signing!

Regardless of how good the lad is infront of goal, looking more and more likely we shouldn’t have made the transfer.

He must have an availability record below 40% now across his whole senior career……..

Feel for the lad as he is such a nice person and clearly wanted to be a success at the club.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for the guy, he seems like a really good person who’s going to be let down by his body in the end.

There’s no way our new medical team without Dr Death would have signed off on the transfer after all the scans during the medical.

As i said when we signed him

Some people have all the talent, skill and ability to be top pros at the elite level, but don’t have the physiology to be there! It is bloody cruel!!!!

So sad

Reactions: Ned

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his fault but we should never have signed a player with his injury record and build. So many of us said at the time he was a daft buy on those grounds.

Good player but at best was going to play half a season and at worst spend most of his contract in the injury room. Clearly it's the latter.

Has he got another 2.5 years with us? That's going to be very costly.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to sound like a ghoul……. But there will be insurance on him….

So if he is career over, we aren’t totally buggered…… we will lose some money, but not as much as you would have thought.
That's if career over though, and he's still young enough and good enough to try again. We saw this with jonny.

That said, his body type is very problematic. Feel bad for him as he has plenty of ability and seems to have a good attitude.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his fault but we should never have signed a player with his injury record and build. So many of us said at the time he was a daft buy on those grounds.

Good player but at best was going to play half a season and at worst spend most of his contract in the injury room. Clearly it's the latter.

Has he got another 2.5 years with us? That's going to be very costly.

Not to sound like a ghoul…….

But there will be insurance on him….

So if he is career over, and retires due to the injury aren’t totally buggered…… we will lose some money, but not as much as you would have thought.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's if career over though, and he's still young enough and good enough to try again. We saw this with jonny.

Would be his third one….. something might tell him to hang them up…..

He would get a fairly handsome pay out

At this point, he would have to weigh up is he mentally and physically strong enough to do this all over again!

Let alone the long term ramifications on his health to keep going

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be his third one….. something might tell him to hang them up…..

He would get a fairly handsome pay out

At this point, he would have to weigh up is he mentally and physically strong enough to do this all over again!

Let alone the long term ramifications on his health to keep going
Would insurance just cover his Wolves wages or would it payout based on career earnings?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would insurance just cover his Wolves wages or would it payout based on career earnings?

I only know that from a players perspective if told on medical grounds to retire it is a settlement pay. As when i did my ACL and LCL as an academy player and told to give up I got a %age of expected earnings from 16-22.

But a lad i know who was on the books at United and had to retire (22years old) due to knee issues for an injury he got on loan gets a payment every 5 years.

I don’t know the ins and outs for whole players are injured in terms of wages, but did see a club I worked at got a %age of his value back based on how long he was still under contract for when a lad had to retire due to a back injury.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly Sasa has looked like a guy whose body wasn't right ever since he came back. He can't really stay on his toes....flat-footed so often it signals a pain management maneuver.
Agreed hasn't looked fit since coming back think he's broken

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not to sound like a ghoul…….

But there will be insurance on him….

So if he is career over, and retires due to the injury aren’t totally buggered…… we will lose some money, but not as much as you would have thought.
That's if Sellars remembered to take out the insurance. Maybe he got a free meerkat.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three ACL injuries is nuts. Dr Death still looms a dark cloud over this.
You could generally see the concern on him though. I saw a few cup games where Sasa lost his temper at being tackled and clearly that weighed on him hence why Gary wouldnt play him. Feel this confirms why we tried to loan him

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely gutted for the bloke….. this is something no pro deserves!

Such a great guy, I hope and pray he has the all the right support around him and access to the best people to get him through this as mentally this will be torture!!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't play for us again, may not do so at all. Shame for him, hope he can play football again one day at pro level but sounds a stretch when you consider his injury record and the reported severity of this one.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know of any professional footballers returning to play after 3 cruciate injuries?

Think Callum Wilson, Radamel Falcao and our own Jonny have come back from 2, but can't find anyone that has had 3?!

Back
Top Bottom