Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux support for this team

surreywolf

Reaction score
I know this subject has caused controversy over the years, and generally our home support has been okay this season. Plus people will say it’s not just wolves, it happens at ever club.

But i just wish somehow, somewhere - whether it’s the south bank, that set of younger fans in the corner by the John Ireland / Steve bull stand, the Steve bull stand itself, or whoever - we could just give the team some sustained blind support v sheff Utd and in subsequent games.

They deserve it.

The atmosphere was so flat in the first half v Man U. Then (perhaps understandably given way we played) non existent against Brentford when let’s be honest one goal would have had them on the back foot

THIS ISNT A DIG AT ANYONE but it’d be great if we could make a conscious effort to contribute.

Not the end of the world either way, but would just be good - and might help the team

Cheers

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this subject has caused controversy over the years, and generally our home support has been okay this season. Plus people will say it’s not just wolves, it happens at ever club.

But i just wish somehow, somewhere - whether it’s the south bank, that set of younger fans in the corner by the John Ireland / Steve bull stand, the Steve bull stand itself, or whoever - we could just give the team some sustained blind support v sheff Utd and in subsequent games.

They deserve it.

The atmosphere was so flat in the first half v Man U. Then (perhaps understandably given way we played) non existent against Brentford when let’s be honest one goal would have had them on the back foot

THIS ISNT A DIG AT ANYONE but it’d be great if we could make a conscious effort to contribute.

Not the end of the world either way, but would just be good - and might help the team

Cheers
Doesn’t help that with players/managers changing most of our songs have gone and haven’t been replaced. We seem to be fixated on the ****ty Albion get battered song than anything for our own team.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
It's largely a symptom of the product on the pitch - it's hard to get as excited when you're playing a team sitting ultra deep or, worse, if we're losing. With the best will in the world it's hard to change that. Scoring first makes all the difference.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was frankly embarrassing yesterday that we had nothing to sing for Gomes when he won us the game and the best we can do for the icon who assisted him is Ped-ro Net-o.

I don't care if it's recycled or some ripped off generic rubbish, we still desperately need some decent songs.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are Liverpool fans currently singing?

We usually just rip off their songs

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are Liverpool fans currently singing?

We usually just rip off their songs

They normally rip other teams off too. Si Señor for example was not their song. I have listened to other teams singing that one for years, then they copy it and get in a strop when other teams sing it, claiming they invented it.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was frankly embarrassing yesterday that we had nothing to sing for Gomes when he won us the game and the best we can do for the icon who assisted him is Ped-ro Net-o.

I don't care if it's recycled or some ripped off generic rubbish, we still desperately need some decent songs.
Totally agree and said exactly the same to mylad as we was walking out of the stadium
Desperately need a song for Jao Gomes

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Where did the Doyle song come from? Bit annoying that the one proper song that's started is for someone who doesn't play!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They normally rip other teams off too. Si Señor for example was not their song. I have listened to other teams singing that one for years, then they copy it and get in a strop when other teams sing it, claiming they invented it.
what’s deeply amusing there is that in portuguese it’s actually Sim Senhor.
muppets

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The codsallfication of the fan base hasn’t helped, the working class have been priced out, thanks to Vinnies money grab

Former Bayern Club President, Uli Hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices.

“We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us?”

“In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk.”

“Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England.”

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally agree and said exactly the same to mylad as we was walking out of the stadium
Desperately need a song for Jao Gomes
I wrote one for him and so did several others. A few on here liked it and a few didn’t like it at all and were quite blunt about it.

Seems to me, that if it contains any more words than the liquidator and no swearing, nobody wants to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what’s deeply amusing there is that in portuguese it’s actually Sim Senhor.
muppets
Pedant. I humbly submit there is virtually no difference phonetically between Sim Senhor and Si Senor, especially when it's being sung by several thousand people.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The codsallfication of the fan base hasn’t helped, the working class have been priced out, thanks to Vinnies money grab

Former Bayern Club President, Uli Hoeness on the clubs season ticket prices.

“We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us?”

“In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk.”

“Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England.”
Lectures on finance from a convicted serial tax evader..... Hmmmm

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is not just at Molineux, most grounds are the same. I went to Leicester City the other week, and it was like a cathedral.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Jiminez is Mexican, who speak Spanish and I have been watching Argentinan teams sing this song, for television for years. One thing for sure, It isn't a Liverpool song.
I think it's well established that it came from River Plate, sure no actual Liverpool fans would claim otherwise.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jiminez is Mexican, who speak Spanish and I have been watching Argentinan teams sing this song, for television for years. One thing for sure, It isn't a Liverpool song.
But what song actually 'belongs' to any club? YNWA is a sentimental ballad from a crappy 1950s US musical, 'Carousel' sung by a bloke who works at a fairground. That was nicked by Gerry Marsden and re-issued as a chart -topping single in 1963. He was from Liverpool so the Liverpool fans nicked it off him.

Many songs have been sung by multiple clubs and it's impossible to know who got there first, but all of them are basically just stolen pop songs. Jeff Beck's Hi Ho Silver Lining, the Liquidator are sung by multiple clubs' fans.

Last edited:

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lectures on finance from a convicted serial tax evader..... Hmmmm
He’s got a very valid point, no doubt season ticket & general prices will rise again, with very little justification against the backdrop of a massive cost cutting programme.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

They deserve it.

Cheers
Well word I have from fans is they are bringing in all kinds of musical instruments for the Sheffield United game, including trombones, and the Wolves FC Ultras, have been formed. By adding a bit more salt and pepper to their bovril. Wolves FC Ultras hope this will drive the team forward.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just give Joao Gomes the old Neves song. Who cares if it’s recycled…we were singing it to Dave Edwards before Ruben…

We’ve got Gomes, Super Joao Gomes.
I just don’t think you understand.
He’s Gary O’Neil’s man…

There’s loads more we could recycle for others…

Nelson Semedo, Nelson Semedo
He came from Barca
There’s no-one faster
The lad’s ****ing rapid/magic
1-2-3-4

Woh-oh-oh, Super Pedro Neto
Woh-oh-oh, dancing round defenders
Woh-oh-oh, never gives the ball away
1-2-3-4

Rayan, Rayan Ait-Nouri runs down the wing for me…

To the tune of ‘is there a fire drill’…Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia…

To the tune of Daddy Cool…Tommy, Tommy Doyle

Could even get a bit of Bowie in there…

There’s a Kil-man
Playing on the right
His name is Maximilian and he’s ****ing dynamite…

And Let It Be for The Doc

When I find myself in times of trouble
He scores another goal for me
Wing-back for the Wanderers
Doh-er-ty

Yes, they’re generic (and fairly ****e) but at least people know them and it would give songs to some of our most deserving players.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just give Joao Gomes the old Neves song. Who cares if it’s recycled…we were singing it to Dave Edwards before Ruben…

He’s Gary O’Neil’s man…

He came from Barca
There’s no-one faster
1-2-3-4

1-2-3-4

To the tune of ‘is there a fire drill’…Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia, Pablo Sarabia…

There’s a Kil-man
Playing on the right

Doh-er-ty

Yes, they’re generic (and fairly ****e) but at least people know them and it would give songs to some of our most deserving players.
I've tried your Doherty one loads of times at away games..no takers . ...

I was singing the Muppets theme for Sarabia yesterday....half the game.....on me own again...

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bunch of coaches from down here went on an fa tour to St George’s park, Blackburn academy, somewhere else, and then they watched Wolves v Brentford - general feedback was that the atmosphere was terrible at Molineux

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I think we need to adjust the Tequila/Cunha song so that we incorporate more players.

Kilman, Semedo, Traore...
Toti Gomes, Sarabia, Doc.

Bellegarde, Bueno, Ait Nouri...
Lemina, Dawson and Sa.

Joao Gomes... Joao Gomes... Joao Gomes...
Hwang hee chan, Doyle, Neto.

!CUNHA!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need to adjust the Tequila/Cunha song so that we incorporate more players.

Kilman, Semedo, Traore...
Toti Gomes, Sarabia, Doc.

Bellegarde, Bueno, Ait Nouri...
Lemina, Dawson and Sa.

Joao Gomes... Joao Gomes... Joao Gomes...
Hwang hee chan, Doyle, Neto.

!CUNHA!
Yuck! That is bloody dire.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes no sense. I’m generalising a lot but:

SouthBank: “I love this team, these players never give up, we’ve got the connection back that we haven’t had since the Nuno days, GON is doing a great job and we are no longer boring to watch”

Also SouthBank: “the team need to give us something to sing about, we react to what’s happening on the pitch, it’s because we don’t have the Liquidator”

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It makes no sense. I’m generalising a lot but:

SouthBank: “I love this team, these players never give up, we’ve got the connection back that we haven’t had since the Nuno days, GON is doing a great job and we are no longer boring to watch”

Also SouthBank: “the team need to give us something to sing about, we react to what’s happening on the pitch, it’s because we don’t have the Liquidator”
Yes, but also the rest of the ground ' the South Bank didn't sing much today'.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but also the rest of the ground ' the South Bank didn't sing much today'.
Yes. But also the South Bank “we’ll sing on our own, we’ll sing on our own…”

To be fair it does all start with them, they’re the self appointed singing end and people go in that end for that reason.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think originality is probably missing today, partly because the tunes of the past 20 or 30 years are pretty much, instantly forgettable.

The tunes that most football songs used to sung to are absolute classics that everybody knew/still knows.

It’s possibly because a lot of people from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s are now, either getting on a bit or sadly no longer with us so these tunes are getting lost.

I think there is also a divide on what a good football song should contain.

For example, Si senor is recognised as being iconic and adopted by many clubs. Personally, I think it’s bang average and pretty dull but that’s only my opinion. I can see why it’s popular, because the lyrics are simple and everyone feels comfortable chanting it.

It’s not easy to compose a song that will catch on and I think the following reasons are perhaps why.

The lyrics have to be kept fairly simplistic for obvious reasons.

The tune needs to be well known and have a rhyming/rhythmic nature.

Ideally, there needs to be a bit of humour in there but not essential and again nothing overly complex.

Not too long, not too short, etc so again, not easy.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. But also the South Bank “we’ll sing on our own, we’ll sing on our own…”

To be fair it does all start with them, they’re the self appointed singing end and people go in that end for that reason.
Think the issue is there are a lot that go in there to say they go in The South Bank but don't join in with singing, plenty around by me in SL2 unfortunately.

Reactions: Ned

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s Gary O’Neil’s man…

He came from Barca
There’s no-one faster
1-2-3-4

1-2-3-4

There’s a Kil-man
Playing on the right

Doh-er-ty

bloody hell you’ve done brilliant there, fantastic
Think they are all good and would then give us a good variety of songs
Really hope they catch on

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just while we are on the subject of origination can someone clarify if we or who else originated the use of the Liqidator and Hi Ho Silver Lining as pre-match tunes as always thought it was us but a couple of mates disagree?

Back
Top Bottom