Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5931.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. Feels like we’re playing Brentford for the 20th time this season! Of all the teams as well.

How is everyone? Still on a high after last weekend?

Today will be a tough game. I mentioned it earlier in the week but after such a good performance at Chelsea, it would be a very Wolves thing to do to turn up today and be way off it. I think we’ve been a bit more conistent under Gary though, those days where everyone’s off it haven’t happened that much (West Ham away and Man Utd home are the ones I think recently).

Our home games between now and the end of the season (Brentford, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Bournemouth, West Ham, Arsenal, Luton, Palace) will be massive for us. On paper there’s a lot of realistic points but as we know it’s never that easy. But if we can keep up the fortress Molineux between now and May, who knows where we could end up.

In terms of the line-up, I think it would be very difficult to drop anyone who started at Stamford Bridge. And it probably sends the wrong message if someone like Hwang, as good as he’s been this season, gets straight back in. That said, against Man Utd Gary stuck with a winning side for probably a game too many. So who knows?

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia Cunha Neto​

Bentley, Doherty, S Bueno, H Bueno, Doyle, Traore, Bellegarde, Hwang, Fraser.

That’s how I’d go.

I didn’t realise until reading it last night but Brentford have lost 8 out of their last 9 league games. That’s a much worse run than I thought they were on. Obviously Toney has made them a better team, and Maupay seems to be in decent form, but watching them against Man City they weren’t good at all. Like I say it’s one of those games where I think if we’re at it, confident and clinical then we can get the points, but Brentford are that kinda team where if you have an off day they know how to pull out a win, not pretty but effective.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Reaction score
GON has said that there has been some illness in the camp this week but everybody was back training yesterday so, assuming all are ok, I think he'll keep the same XI as last week.

Bench should look a lot stronger now with options on there (Hwang, JRB, Doyle) so if it's not going well he has the chance to change things - a rare luxury for him in recent weeks.

It's not going to be an easy game at all and the crowd are going to have to stay patient I think.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im in the north bank today. Last time was in there was when Jez stuck us in there. Hopefully today’s a better day!

Law of averages worries me a little as it’s unusual to play a dude so often in one season and not lose once. We just seem so confident right now though.

A win today and this season suddenly takes on a whole new complexion. Come on lads.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Looking forward to it, even though I am in the lower Bully.

Think it'll be a 2-1 win.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be amazed if he changes the side, unless he changes it up with Doyle in for Sarabia, but can't see it.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is never easy against Brentford. They may not be having a good season, but will still be difficult to beat. Though I think Wolves will have a bit too much for them.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First goal could be crucial, they score and they will ****house their way through the match. If we score first then we should be far too strong for them.
Odds on for a red card in the match though. Maupay has decided to become a pantomime villain in the last few weeks, either he will be off, or he will get someone sent off. We need to keep our cool and wind him up.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Home fans in the lower bully today?
If so great make it loud down there please.

Yep, Brentford are in the quad. Hopefully they bring more than the FA Cup replay as they didn't even fill the upper tier that game (and there were no fans in the lower tier)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its one of those games we should on form win, but we all know how Wolves roll
Last week was dream land lets hope today isnt a nightmare
We are more consistent under GON though and have players on the bench to change things if all is not well
Cant see any changes from the start but we dont know if illness has effected anyone stamina wise, so expect a few around the hour mark
Im still going for a hopeful 2-1 win but wouldnt be surprised at all if we lost tbh

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible feeling about today, I don’t know why but I just can see Brentford winning a horrible game to a chorus of boos towards the ref and their players/jug eared manager.
I think we all have that in the back of our minds. They are going to come and slow the game down like Gary said in the presser. Early goal for Wolves we could smash them. We can make it happen we are good enough.

Reactions: Ned

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw some rumours on Twitter/X last night that Toney hasn't trained this week, so hopefully he is out, can't be doing with his ****housery, will be a much tougher game if he does play as our defence is a bit leaky

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im in the north bank today. Last time was in there was when Jez stuck us in there. Hopefully today’s a better day!

Law of averages worries me a little as it’s unusual to play a dude so often in one season and not lose once. We just seem so confident right now though.

A win today and this season suddenly takes on a whole new complexion. Come on lads.
Re your first para the neighbourhood went down market that day lol.... Seriously enjoy the game and l hope that your second para is totally wrong!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to keep our cool as the last few games its clear they are trying to rattle/wind up the opposition. Just another lovely thing to add to their already hideous time wasting tacticts. Maupay seems to be on a ****housing mission and always seems involved. Getting the first goal is key then just focus on our football and dont let them drag us into any nastiness.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve lost 7 out of their last 8 in the league. Missing several key players. We’re at full strength, very high on confidence. What would normally represent a banana skin of a game for us, I don’t think this group lets slip.

Lovely to see that we’ll have a full strength bench today as well, options all over the pitch.

Toney paired with the little **** (can’t even remember his name) will make them more of a direct threat, both teams have sussed each other out by this point, need to show some fight today.

3-1 Wolves: Cunha x2, Kilman.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are just too good at home and it will be a comfortable win. I think GON should allso get MOTM

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of stuff going around that the love affair between Toney and the fans has gone flat due to his ‘move to a big club’ comments.

Think there is something not right at Brentford at the moment but their run is so bad you just know that they’re gonna turn up and do a number on us!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Please keep the noise down ;)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supersport is showing 4 of the 5, 3pm kick-offs. Guess which one they don't think worth showing! Will be scouring t'interweb a bit later on.

Leemack

Reaction score
Managed to get my kids tickets next to where my season ticket is so 2 good luck charms hopefully

I see a 3-1 Wolves win here. Onwards we go. Wolves have to win so I can cope with the "I want, I want" all day.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford have goals in them

Taking nothing for granted. I think points will be shared today

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lot of stuff going around that the love affair between Toney and the fans has gone flat due to his ‘move to a big club’ comments.

Think there is something not right at Brentford at the moment but their run is so bad you just know that they’re gonna turn up and do a number on us!
Something not right at Brentford?
Probably something to do with them having an absolute **** of a manager!
Also footballing gravity was bound to re-assert itself at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom