Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blue Card

wv3wulf

Reaction score
They have this rule now at step 5 and below but most refs don't enforce it as they cant keep check on timings if more than 1 player is sin binned unless they have multiple watches.
They need to leave our game alone.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what the Mol Mix reaction was when substitutes were brought in?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a changing definition of dissent according to tone of voice, words used, game context. No decision will be clear and obvious.

This will permit a justified sin bin for a Wolves player shaking his head and no action for the five Man City players swarming the ref whilst screaming in his face.

The ref's report will say that no City player was blue carded because they genuinely felt aggrieved and are only human. The Wolves blue card will be upheld because it was a direct attack on the authority of an official.

It will be as big a mess as VAR.

Rowzed

Reaction score
I dunno

Maybe Mario could have had a blue card for staring at the referee and avoided a ban for the second yellow
Maybe the third, fourth , fifth and sixth United players could get one when they join their odious captain moaning about any decision that doesn’t go their way
Maybe a keeper could have one for clattering two players at the same time
Maybe Eddie Howe could be given one every time he moans about the size of his squad
I still dunno

It seems to me they have enough sanctions already, what they lack is authority
Also they will need another pocket
And, what happens if you get a blue card in extra time? Or on 43 minutes?
Also can you be substituted on a blue card?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We are so going to be the first team to get screwed over for this..
Yep, can see it now.

Bruno Fernandes- “**** off ref you absolute ****, cheating *******”.
Referee- “Now now Mr Fernandes sir, no need for that.”

Max Kilman- “Excuse me ref, I’m not sure I agree with you there”.
Referee- “That’s it, blue card, how dare you abuse me like that”.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being introduced to the premier league yet don’t worry

IFAB set to introduce blue cards for football sin bins; referees will have the power to send players off for 10 minutes for dissent or cynical fouls; the FA will consider trialling sin bins in the FA Cup and Women's FA Cup next season​

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Ladies and gentlemen, in recent years we have brought you VAR, a divisive and universally castigated system loaded with inherent bias that creates confusion, frustration and interminable delays as it undermines the performances and integrity of match officials in increasingly ludicrous ways, and degrades the match experience for its audience.

"They said we couldn't top that. By jingo, they were wrong!"

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being introduced to the premier league yet don’t worry

IFAB set to introduce blue cards for football sin bins; referees will have the power to send players off for 10 minutes for dissent or cynical fouls; the FA will consider trialling sin bins in the FA Cup and Women's FA Cup next season​

Give it time. VAR was trialled in the FA cup. That turned out well :mad:.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
How much time will they be adding on for players coming on/off for these blue cards? Won't be long before we see games with 15 mins added time. (Goals, substitutions, Injuries, goal celebrations, timewasting, Var stoppages etc etc - all added to the 45 mins)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not against the Sin Bin idea. The amount of times players take a deliberate yellow to stop a break, knowing its a free hit. Maybe if they had to leave the team down to 10men for 10mins it might give them second thoughts.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Two blue cards apparently would result in a player's dismissal for the rest of the match, as would a blue and a yellow card. Bluecards could also be given for dissent by a player(s) to the referee - given that the big six clubs usually have half their team around the referee constantly in his ear - hows that going to work? Hopefully the idea gets sin binned before it starts

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it was to be used in the PL clubs would have to vote for it ..

Which I suspect they wouldn’t.

Reaction score
Convinced this is a distraction tactic to stop us talking about VAR. they know this will fail, trial it for a season then they’ll scrap it, expect our gratitude…all the while var is clumsily continuing to trudge along in the background.

Also…have they said what happens to a goalkeeper if they’re sin binned?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno

Maybe Mario could have had a blue card for staring at the referee and avoided a ban for the second yellow
Maybe the third, fourth , fifth and sixth United players could get one when they join their odious captain moaning about any decision that doesn’t go their way
Maybe a keeper could have one for clattering two players at the same time
Maybe Eddie Howe could be given one every time he moans about the size of his squad
I still dunno

It seems to me they have enough sanctions already, what they lack is authority
Also they will need another pocket
And, what happens if you get a blue card in extra time? Or on 43 minutes?
Also can you be substituted on a blue card?
Nope re Mario, they've said that a blue plus a yellow card will still equal a red card. Yet another subjective load of crap.

Back
Top Bottom