Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
It’s all guesswork at this point regarding any potential punishment against the Baggies - they will need to work with the Police and then reach a conclusion - could take a few weeks.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're getting in the neck from the Beeb.
If we had supporters in their end, I dare say they will be dealt with, but the other goings on next to our end was not down to us.
They say there's been three arrests.
Is that ours, or them bonzo's of theirs fighting with the old bill?
The trouble the other end was definitely sparked by our fans being in the home end ...one if ours was openly admitted before the game he had 20 or so in there end ...

But the rest was all Albion.....them always the same ...win, lose or draw they get over excited ..even the kids game them on the pitch ....makes ya laugh cause apparently they aye bothered about us ...

Last edited:

Hazza

Reaction score
We will definitely get some sort of sanction for this, even though there doesn’t appear to be any evidence Wolves caused the problems the media are spinning both sets of supporters involved.

If Wolves were in home end and celebrated that’s silly but would not have caused the length of commotion that went on

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of bottles went back towards their fans, probably one for every 10 that came our way. None onto the pitch or at the players (or ball boys!). One young lad had a pocket money bonus picking up all the coins in the bottom corner of the stand.
Wait untilo that lad looks at the coins and finds that on one side it shows a hand with six fingers. I wont tell you what was on the other three sides. :eek: :cool:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely get some sort of sanction for this, even though there doesn’t appear to be any evidence Wolves caused the problems the media are spinning both sets of supporters involved.

If Wolves were in home end and celebrated that’s silly but would not have caused the length of commotion that went on

Not on wolves that baggies fans sold their tickets and they didn’t have good enough systems in place to stop them getting in…..

Especially if the stories of one wearing a wolves shirt are true…..

The olympics in 2012 they checked t-shirts under jumpers to make sure you weren’t doing “gorilla marketing”

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Is it true about a Wolves fan spitting in Bartley’s Mrs’ face?

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The video posted on the verdict thread (filmed by an Albion fan down near the corner flag where the trouble erupted) shows loads of their lot coming out of the Brummie Road end and making their way across the apron in front of the stands to get involved. If the trouble was a Wolves fan in their main stand celebrating that could have easily been controlled, but because of the poor stewarding there was nothing to stop their lot coming from the B End. As for the trouble down in the corner at our end, again 100% them.

Hazza

Reaction score
Not on wolves that baggies fans sold their tickets and they didn’t have good enough systems in place to stop them getting in…..

Especially if the stories of one wearing a wolves shirt are true…..

The olympics in 2012 they checked t-shirts under jumpers to make sure you weren’t doing “gorilla marketing”
I agree it’s not on us at all, I’m just saying that’s the way the narrative will go

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've sat in with home fans many times, and only a proper moron would openly celebrate a goal, even in the tamest of situations. Hard to believe one of ours would go and do that in a game like this. But takes all sorts, I suppose.

If that is what happened, then it's not altogether surprising that things kicked off a bit. It's not like the Billy Quiet where you'd get offered a cuppa and a biccy.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The video posted on the verdict thread (filmed by an Albion fan down near the corner flag where the trouble erupted) shows loads of their lot coming out of the Brummie Road end and making their way across the apron in front of the stands to get involved. If the trouble was a Wolves fan in their main stand celebrating that could have easily been controlled, but because of the poor stewarding there was nothing to stop their lot coming from the B End. As for the trouble down in the corner at our end, again 100% them.
Agreed. The video is out there for all to see. 100% their fans. Even Thatcher couldn't argue otherwise.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it true about a Wolves fan spitting in Bartley’s Mrs’ face?

From what we could see it was all wba fans tho apparently started because of a few wolves fans in the home end celebrating (idiots). Absolutely no reason to set off what happened, and certainly not in the stand to our right. They'd been throwing bottles at the wolves players and then the police.

There was no trouble I could see from the away fans and the police were actually friendly, including after the game.

The reporting is annoying because it sounds like something it isn't, unless a few idiots did go in the home end for a scrap.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree it’s not on us at all, I’m just saying that’s the way the narrative will go

Oh I know mate, more that I cannot believe we should face any consequences……

Almost like when MGW started all the problems after the pen shoot out, but it was seen we were most at fault when at most it was 50/50 and that would be generous…….

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still believe the early KOs do more harm than good too. People don’t drink less, they drink the same, but a damn site quicker.

Same with the 4k nonsense and restrictions on tickets. It causes more harm than good.

Horrible place to go to too. Amazes me how under the radar the chav element of Albions fan base goes. They are ****in horrible.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If they try and drag us into any fines / penalties due to the flares being thrown when we took the lead, I hope we point them to zilch being done when one of the Liverpool ‘angels’ threw a flare on the pitch when they took the lead at Fulham in midweek.
Not condoning pyrotechnics in the ground, as it’s totally not called for but punishment or non punishment need to be consistent.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've sat in with home fans many times, and only a proper moron would openly celebrate a goal, even in the tamest of situations. Hard to believe one of ours would go and do that in a game like this. But takes all sorts, I suppose.

If that is what happened, then it's not altogether surprising that things kicked off a bit. It's not like the Billy Quiet where you'd get offered a cuppa and a biccy.
I sat next to a young boy with his dad in the Billy Wright when we played Leeds a couple of years back. They scored against the run of play and he couldn't help give a small fist clench and a tiny "yesssss". I gave him one of my stern looks. He was quiet as a mouse from then on. The WMP could learn a thing or two from me.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That video clearly shows one person getting set upon (but doesn't look to be more than one) by a whole load of Albion fans, with a steward and maybe a couple of others trying to protect him. Then that weirdo with the hulk hogan hair does a flying kick from behind and the whole thing kicks off.

Honestly, they should be properly done for that. Massive issues with controlling their fans, and that's before we even mention the stuff being thrown at Doyle and various other incidents. Think our fans did really well to (mostly) stay restrained.

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That video clearly shows one person getting set upon (but doesn't look to be more than one) by a whole load of Albion fans, with a steward and maybe a couple of others trying to protect him. Then that weirdo with the hulk hogan hair does a flying kick from behind and the whole thing kicks off.

Honestly, they should be properly done for that. Massive issues with controlling their fans, and that's before we even mention the stuff being thrown at Doyle and various other incidents.
Exactly this.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*It’s ok to do this at Brentford

bigwolf

Reaction score
Interesting how the media as effectively reporting it as 50/50 in terms of fault.

To those who were there it was clear who was at fault and pretty sure that will come out int the wash when police reports and footage is gathered and reviewed. I spoke to an officer as I was leaving and he told me he was surprised at the restraint wolves fans showed and that we should be proud.

On the chap who had his head cut open be was cracked with a baton. I saw it as did others but he has spent 15 mins or so throwing punches at police and goading them. How the police restrained themselves overall so well I really don't know. They did a good job in my opinion.

However it should be noted that the vast majority of WBA fans did not behave like animals. The was a minority who wanted to behave like thugs. But the overwhelming majority were well behaved and probably embarrassed at what happened.

Back
Top Bottom