Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by wolfinexile

1. W

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

Doherty was even worse than usual. Gave the ball away three times early in game with terrible passes and was generally poor afterwards apart from popping up in dangerous forward positions a couple of times.
  2. W

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

I don't know why Max is being castigated for this foul. He goes to play the ball but Arsenal player comes up on blind side and is too quick. Max catches him without any intent.
  3. W

Crystal Palace Ultras

I thought it was only me--miserable old geezer--but I was pleased to read that others hate the endless drumming you hear during Crystal Palace games. There's another one at Arsenal--you can see him at the front behind one of the goals--but mostly they seem to be limited to lower divisions and...
  4. W

VAR 2023-24

In the modern game, holding and shirt pulling seem to be routinely accepted. We will all remember Berra when he played for Wolves and routinely grabbed his opponent on corners. When did this "revision" of the laws come into effect? Was it to compensate for toughening up of tackling offences...
  5. W

FFP

It was in the league versus Man U. McCarthy banked on beating Burnley in the next game and he was right. Big help to Wolves in relegation battle. Noone cares about the Cup.
  6. W

Diego Costa

His last season at Atletico Madrid was a disaster--deep vein thrombosis and other injuries, red cards, suspended for 6 games for abusing an official, fell out with club and contract terminated 6 months early. Took 6 months to get contract in Brazil. More injuries and only played 15 times scoring...
  7. W

Diego Costa

Wolves have signed a number of rubbish strikers over the years but Grant Holt is like Costa in that both were good (Costa obviously much better) but way past it when brought in by Wolves. There is not way that Costa is going to be any help to Wolves. Anyone who thinks differently is dreaming. We...
  8. W

Diego Costa

I have two words for this signing--Grant Holt.
  9. W

DAZN leaves Canada….use Fubotv instead

Yes--other end from you in Nova Scotia. Seems to be easy enough to set record as there is button next to the game in the schedule but you do have to remember to push the button. I suppose there will be an advantage over dazn in that the game will be available immediately after it has finished...
  10. W

DAZN leaves Canada….use Fubotv instead

I have also cancelled Dazn. Their renewal notice made no mention of end of Prem coverage. However, they do still have the European competitions and lower English leagues. Fubo has a very clunky looking web site and you have to remember to record games that you cannot watch live. Not an entirely...
  11. W

Bobby Mason - still going strong!

Mason was a decent player but not as good as the other forwards. Always a target for the boo boys--shows that even when all your players are good, the weakest will get picked on. His body language was a bit negative and that is maybe why he got victimised by the fans. Stobart was in better form...
  12. W

Raul Jimenez

I thought that Moss was actually doing well when he gave two cards in succession for fouls on Traore (out of four fouls in total, two by Sterling) rather than letting serial fouling go on unpunished like last week. But then he felt he had to give Raul a card for his first foul. No excuse for...
  13. W

What was the footy like in the old days?

Repeated back passing to the goalkeeper was not at all common in the 50s and 60s--and maybe not until the 80s when it led to the rule change. Football in the 50s was great, partly because Wolves had a great team. Play was much less tactical than today and games were more open. Just take a look...
  14. W

Wolves vs Liverpool. The verdict.

Jose only one of several who messed up the throw in that led to the goal. Apart from that his hold up play was brilliant. Won ball after ball and put in some excellent passes. I had given up on him but I think he could really help us for the rest of the season. If only we could get Traore to...
  15. W

Brick ****house XI

I remember that game. Hinton no good for Wolves after that but excelled later in his career despite nickname "Gladys." After Wilson signed for Wolves he was utterly useless and not hard at all. I hated him.
Back
Top Bottom