Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Torbay Wolf

1. Torbay Wolf

Poll - How long do you spend travelling in total to a home match on the day ..

About three hours each way for me. Mind you, the current roadworks down here can add half an hour to that on a busy day.
  2. Torbay Wolf

Paul Bradshaw (RIP)

Terrible news. Is it me, or are people dying younger these days. Watched Paul many, many times in the late seventies and early eighties. Always a reliable pair of hands. Rest in peace Paul. You will be sadly missed.
  3. Torbay Wolf

Old Molineux Photos

Ha ha. Great story VP. I could be found in that 'Club Shop' on the NB car park before the game on most Saturdays, usually buying programs for matches I had missed. I hadn't realised how small it was!!
  4. Torbay Wolf

Old Molineux Photos

Chelsea must have tried this more than once then. I remember watching a group of Chelsea fans running under the street lights down the Waterloo Road towards the North Bank and clearly recall standing on the pitch with the floodlights beaming down. Looking at the fixture list, could it have...
  5. Torbay Wolf

Old Molineux Photos

Wow, that footage of the old North Bank brings back some memories. First match I saw was in that stand sometime during the 1975-76 season. Not a clue who we were playing, but I do recall that Willie Carr was strangely off form that day! I was also there the night Chelsea tried to take the...
  6. Torbay Wolf

Gary O’Neil

I'm holding my hands up....I thought we would get battered, but I'm very, very glad to be proved wrong! What a performance! The difference in attitude, body language and the demeanor of our players compared to previous games was unbelievable. Full credit to Gary, he got his tactics absolutely...
  7. Torbay Wolf

Wolves v Man City predictions

Hate to say it about a team I have supported since 1975, but I really fear for us this weekend. I have prepared myself for something like 0-6, but I genuinely think it could be even worse. I pray that I'm wrong.
  8. Torbay Wolf

Sack him now

I don't think the current state of our club has come as a surprise to many of us. The good news is that we still have time this season to do something about it. I can remember the feelings of excitement and expectation last Christmas before Lop took charge. We were bottom of the league then...
  9. Torbay Wolf

"He's ****ed off Tone" ... Tony Butler RIP

I lived in a small village just outside Stafford about 20 years ago, and Tony could be found in a pub called 'The Bell', enjoying a pint and sharing his wisdom most Friday nights if he wasn't working. Good times. RIP Tony.
  10. Torbay Wolf

Albion (obsessed)

I've just looked at the eBay site for the autographed picture.....four hours remaining and still £7900, but I noticed something.. In the description, its clearly labelled as being Number 41 of a run of 50. So its not a one off. Nearly eight grand for a PRINTi seems extortionate for any club...
  11. Torbay Wolf

The first boots you wore as a kid?

Must have been the late 1970's. Mine were made by Gola. I remember they came with a bright orange plastic 'spanner' to tighten the studs up. Seems like a very long time ago when you see todays 'boots'.
  12. Torbay Wolf

Leicester Verdict

How Hwang gets game time when Adama is sat on the bench is a mystery to me.
  13. Torbay Wolf

John Motson

RIP Motty. You were the GOAT! So many memorable games that were only made better by your superb commentary. You will be very sadly missed.
  14. Torbay Wolf

The curious case of Nathan Collins…..

Not sure if this point has been made before, but surely when we were looking for a new defender to bring into the club last closed season, the one place NOT to look was a team who had just been relegated from the very same league we were playing in. If Collins had been doing his job correctly...
  15. Torbay Wolf

Wolves V Arsenal predictions

I think it will be a better performance from us than many expect, but not good enough to get anything from this game, especially now Manchester City have dropped three points against Brentford. Arsenal have the chance to open a bit of a gap at the top between them and the rest, just at the...
Back
Top Bottom