Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Contrada Lupa

1. C

Gary O’Neil - Poll

We should have badges made up: I was one of the original faithful 47/62/...
  2. C

2nd March 1974

People forget it was a full 100.000 crowd, mostly standing with big crushes inside and outside the ground. And there wasn't going to be extra time; it would have been a replay if JR hadn't got the winner on 85 minutes. Marsh had a cob on because he deflected Alan Sunderland's cross with his...
  3. C

JR Bellegarde

An earthquake at Molineux. High magnitude on the Jeanricner scale!
  4. C

Todays games - the World Cup edition.

I know it's hindsight but Kane is not that great a penalty taker. He's missed a fair few recently. We should have changed the taker like Nuno did when we played Spurs at home when we lost 3-2. Raul scored then changed to Ruben who also scored.
  5. C

Portuguese pronunciation

I think Guedes was pronouncing his name almost phonetically so it would be clearly understood by a less aware British person. I think the true Portuguese version would be Gedsh or Gedesh. Language and pronunciation do vary across countries from region to region. And Brazilian Portuguese is...
  6. C

Jose Sa

Brilliant as he has been, I'd like to see a table of penalties conceded by goalies and penalty saves to see where he rates. He seems to have left his goal more cautiously in the last couple of games after the Newcastle pen. Also I'm not confident like I was with Rui that he's going to get near...
  7. C

Is Dendoncker our most important player?

Two myths: he can't head the ball, and he can't tackle. His size is very deceptive. And his passing is poor, short medium or long.
  8. C

Arsenal verdict

There is no such thing as 'deserved' when talking about football; there is only the final score. Having said that we let them enter our penalty area too often and too easily, and didn't look after the ball well. With five at the back there's one fewer players to pass to, to relieve the...
  9. C

Fabio Silva - value for money???

I still think he has an underused footballing intelligence which could be helping us more than it is. I give you assists for Traore's goal v Brighton H and Semedo's goal v Man U H. Play him closer to Raul, can't be any worse than other options.
  10. C

Fabio Silva - value for money???

Look at it from Fabio's point of view. He comes over here as a development project, plays way more than expected last season, and gets pelters from many home fans. This season, with a coach he knows, hardly plays at all. Where does he go from here? No-one in Portugal or Spain would pay that sort...
  11. C

Bruno Lage

Ae the moment I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he's so worried about the threat of relegation (hence he keeps mentioning 'points, points, points'), and maybe he's under instructions after the first few games, that he's gone against his natural instinct to be more offensive. When...
  12. C

Semedo

I have come to the conclusion he's not a wing back. He never goes past the full back or gets a decent shot away. However he is a very good defensive full back. He's always strong in that position for Portugal. He wins loads of headers, blocks and interceptions. His numbers are strong in that...
  13. C

Today’s games - 2021-22

João and Ruben off unscathed. Trincoa on and doing well.
  14. C

Today’s games - 2021-22

No injuries yet, Portugal lead 2-0, ASilva and Otavio.
  15. C

Leicester predictions

With a high line and slow defenders, this will pan out like Leicester away at Leeds last November: Leicester 4 Wolves 1.
Back
Top Bottom