Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict Thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgustingly overrated. Put him in a 4 and he gets exposed most weeks. Have to sell if West Ham are willing to pay the rumoured £40m.

Coady used to get regularly slaughtered for his apparently inability to play in a 4. Max isn't any better

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still got to say

Their winner was a thing of beauty. Dribble, nutmeg, curl, goal.
What a winner.
I'd have thought someone should have put him in the stand...I'd need to watch again though as was the other end of the ground.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough
As a wolves fan I am gutted
As a fan of football I could only applaud
They deserved it really, they should've been out of sight at HT.

Saying that, we simply had to get something from that once we got back to 3-3. If anything, we should've been the side to go on to win it with being at home and the subs they'd made. Their XI at that point was a lot weaker than what they started with.

Serious lack of nerve shown tonight, especially from our defence.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an absolutely superb goal, end of. It you can't enjoy goals like that, there's no point. Except, obviously, it was against us.
Like I said otherside of the ground appears to waltz through where a foul would have been the better option.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A striker changes things considerably because you give something back.

Whilst we defended terribly, it also needs pointing out that we gave nothing back. Onana didn't make a save of note.

Our lack of a striker meant United could push up. It meant we couldn't retain possession and it contributed to wave after wave of attack.

Fraser didn't really do anything, but we scored two goals in 15 minutes when he's on the pitch. In the 81 without him, we scored from a penalty that was a dive.

Our defence deserve pelters, no doubt. However, if we had a striker on the pitch the balance of that game would be so different. They were vulnerable when we had a go in the second half.
I have no idea how you can say that with a straight face. Talk about an agenda.

The problem today was an off day for lemina and a horrendous day for much of the defence.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said otherside of the ground appears to waltz through where a foul would have been the better option.
Well yes, we absolutely should have fouled him! However, for a youngster to score that and in that situation - that's quite something.

I'm saying that through gritted teeth.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall a really shocking performance. Similiar to Sunday.

Lethargic, passive, weak.

It’s honestly still barmy how we play so slow out the back and not expect to get caught out. Sometimes there isn’t a brain cell between them.

Neto for the second is a joke - but it could actually be the tactics as it happened 5 mins before too. No tracking Shaw at all.

We get back into it, then don’t shoot when in good positions. Sarabia at the end what was that about .

Casemeiro should have been sent off for the penalty , and if not for the challenge , he did the VAR screen to the ref which is meant to be a yellow too.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the way Kilman lost him, made very little effort to recover, and then passively watched McTominay meet the ball and stick it in the net.

Pathetic.
Embarrasing from our captain tonight. His fault we lost all composure after the equaliser to. No leadership

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea how you can say that with a straight face. Talk about an agenda.

The problem today was an off day for lemina and a horrendous day for much of the defence.

No the problem was the whole team.

We should’ve been 5-0 down, at least, inside an hour. Against a side that has struggled for goals this season and especially away.

It was a terrible all-round performance and one of the many factors was not being able to keep the ball or offer anything back. We were toothless and didn’t create a thing.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the problem was the whole team.

We should’ve been 5-0 down, at least, inside an hour. Against a side that has struggled for goals this season and especially away.

It was a terrible all-round performance and one of the many factors was not being able to keep the ball or offer anything back. We were toothless and didn’t create a thing.
I've just watched a completely different game to you. First 55 minutes we were so, so poor in midfield and at the back. The forwards were given little chance and didn't do much when they did have it. The rest of the game we were excellent, except at the back (kilman had a horrific time).

We played 101 minutes, and for nearly half of that we were pretty good against a quite different utd team to the one that's played much of this season.

You're being really negative in what was a brilliant game and yes, we should have been down more but we fought back to 3-3 and lost to one of the goals of the season (it may even be goal of the season).

None of this is down to not having a bench sitting number 9 either.

Our defending was shocking, the overall performance was not. And I'd much rather watch this wolves than the one of the last two years. It's not just you - I'm reading this thread surprised at the real negativity.

loppers86

Reaction score
I am sorry to say I left at 1-3. Heard the 2nd goal go in as I passed the S Bank walking up Waterloo Road. By the time I reached the car and turned on the radio it was 3-3!! Literally 5 seconds of euphoria before I heard Pierce screaming that Utd had scored the winner. Still I missed the traffic! The 5Live mob, led by Pierce said the game would go down in history as one of the greatest PL games ever played! I kid you not. They are just a bunch of **** licking Man U fans.
pretty much word for word what we did too.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just watched a completely different game to you. First 55 minutes we were so, so poor in midfield and at the back. The forwards were given little chance and didn't do much when they did have it. The rest of the game we were excellent, except at the back (kilman had a horrific time).

We played 101 minutes, and for nearly half of that we were pretty good against a quite different utd team to the one that's played much of this season.

You're being really negative in what was a brilliant game and yes, we should have been down more but we fought back to 3-3 and lost to one of the goals of the season (it may even be goal of the season).

Yes, we must have watched a different game.

We deserved to lose by four or five.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we attack Chelsea like we attack Man U today we get at least a point maybe more. Lots of positive things to take from a loss tonight and that’s progress

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman terrible for manoois. Embarrasing defending and leadership.

Netos was deflected wasn’t it?
Kilman was unlucky there and the United lad still had lots to do.

Sometimes you have to doff your cap and say fair play. That was one. . That lad should be next to Bellingham in future England sides come 2025

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman was unlucky there and the United lad still had lots to do.

Sometimes you have to doff your cap and say fair play. That was one. . That lad should be next to Bellingham in future England sides come 2025
Oh Yh it was a great finish but schoolboy defending.

Yh he should be starting next to rice and Bellingham without doubt

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a final note , wolves penalty aside which was a soft one, Gillett reffed the game really well . Choked to say it but credit where it’s warranted

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our defending was shocking, the overall performance was not. And I'd much rather watch this wolves than the one of the last two years. It's not just you - I'm reading this thread surprised at the real negativity.
Really? We should've been 4 or 5 down at HT. We were pathetic for the first hour of the game.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got in after a long drive back south. Few points to make….bellegarde can’t play with his back to goal and is no way physical enough to lead a line. Should have been changed much sooner. Shambolic defending most of the night from all of them. Awful distribution. Backing off. Missed tackles. Ball watching. Doc and toti were awful but so were max and semedo. Dawson not much better.

Crap way to lose but for large parts of the game we looked a shambles.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have played 180 minutes against man united this season and been the better side for 100 of them yet lost both games. That’s got to give some comfort. We are moving forward with a squad that wants to be here .
We
Are
Wolves

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think I’m with you mate

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it's our forward lines inability to press together that caused the shambolic first half performance. We tried to press high but didn't really get anywhere near anyone and with Lemina pushing up that little bit we got completely overwhelmed in the middle of the park.
Our defence and goalkeeper kept us in the game, our midfield was completely overwhelmed by a side that dominated us, and Man Utd should have been 4 or 5 up at half time.
We take Doc and Bellegarde off and suddenly we have man united penned in their own half, and get back into the game.
On the balance of play we probably won the second half, but got absolutely battered in the first. Massively proud of the effort in the last 35 mins but also ****ed off with the team selection for the first 55.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went tonight and was in the Stan Cullis stand. We conceded 4.

Last time I was in there was against Brighton and we conceded 4.

Think I’ll go in a different stand next time.

Defending was awful. Team spirit was great.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
I think I’m with you mate
To be honest the reaction on here is all so predictable as soon as we lost despite taking 10 points from the previous 4 games and beating the Albion at their place for the first time for about 20 years.
We’re a mid-table team who like all the others around us are inconsistent, we’ll have games like this and maybe it’ll happen again on Sunday or maybe we’ll turn them over, who knows.
To me it’s so much enjoyable watching us now, similar to the prime Nuno years, and unlike for the last 2/3 years I feel an affinity with the players.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We weren’t great first half but I think Utd were right at it just as much as we were bad.

The first time in a while they have had their first choice back 4 with Casemeiro infront of them so that really gave them the confidence to go forward … and it showed.

Yes we didn’t seem at the races first half but 4 days ago we had a real test against our bitter rivals (league and quality go out the window in those games) … Utd had a relatively easy game that they made look hard.

Great game of football for a neutral though. You win some, you lose some.

But I would rather be involved in a game like that then rolling over and having our tummies tickled trying to get a 0-0 from minute 1.

Pant wetters out there … I suggest you grab some Tena-Men (female versions also available). We aren’t fighting for the title and we aren’t getting relegated after a 4-3 loss at home.

Dust it off and we go again.

Back
Top Bottom