Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Albion punishment

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is why they'll punish us with things that can't be disputed.

Did our fans throw a smoke bomb into the Albion fans? Yes.

Did our fans return some of the bottles thrown at them? Yes.

Expect us to be punished, you might be disappointed if you don't expect us to be.

I think the only time we should fully kick off is if the blame was equally attributed and equally punished!! That wouldn't be fair at all.
That l agree with. It was the idea set out in your last para that is obviously unacceptable.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Which is why they'll punish us with things that can't be disputed.

Did our fans throw a smoke bomb into the Albion fans? Yes.

Did our fans return some of the bottles thrown at them? Yes.

Expect us to be punished, you might be disappointed if you don't expect us to be.

I think the only time we should fully kick off is if the blame was equally attributed and equally punished!! That wouldn't be fair at all.
Was there a smoke bomb thrown into the Albion fans? The one on the East Stand side was nowhere near, couldn't really tell about the Halfords side. Couple of bottles yes, can't defend that.

Surely though the issues that will really be addressed are their terrible ticketing arrangements and their terrible stewarding. Those are the things you can really hold a club accountable for.

So yes, I imagine our fans will doubtless get a small portion of the blame (especially as mysteriously 2 of the 6 arrests are Wolves fans), but as a club Albion are the ones really culpable.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are videos of the bloke in the white stone island coat singing **** off West Brom whilst sat amongst them, my sympathy only goes so far tbh.

Then it’s even more on WBA FC for not intervening faster to remove him. Wolves FC have no control over a Wolves fan who buys a ticket off a WBA member and stupidly sings in their end. I have no sympathy for the idiot provoking them, but that’s not our clubs fault.

However if Wolves fans who we sold an away ticket to kicked off, then yes the club would hold some responsibility.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not believe that the club will accept a unified narrative that heaps unjustified blame on them/Wolves fans. All of their actions thus far suggest the exact opposite. Not to mention how important "face" is to Asians.
Yes that’s a good point. All our social media has been very positive about the day, with no comment about the trouble. Yes our manager and players have given their views, but only in response to interview questions.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I listened to the Football ramble. They weren't too bad and at the end one of them did say we should wait to see the full facts. One of them did say it was two sets of fans fighting when perhaps a more accurate description would be a group of fans assaulting a rival fan from the videos I've seen.

It was funny how one them said it was young men when the two people I'll remember most are the Worzel Gummidge lookalike and the drunk woman trying to nutmeg the security bloke. It was mostly men though. Young depends on how old you are I suppose.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not believe that the club will accept a unified narrative that heaps unjustified blame on them/Wolves fans. All of their actions thus far suggest the exact opposite. Not to mention how important "face" is to Asians.
Hope you are right, but I don’t see this as the type of hill our owners would pick to die on. It's not going to be their fault after all. I don't think they will view it in the same way that supporters do.
The view we have of these incidents, as Wolves supporters, even as football supporters in general, is very much a minority position. Most people will not have a nuanced view and it is public opinion that will need to be addressed as far as the authorities and perhaps even our own club will be concerned. There are after all wider commercial interests at stake.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then it’s even more on WBA FC for not intervening faster to remove him. Wolves FC have no control over a Wolves fan who buys a ticket off a WBA member and stupidly sings in their end. I have no sympathy for the idiot provoking them, but that’s not our clubs fault.

However if Wolves fans who we sold an away ticket to kicked off, then yes the club would hold some responsibility.

Yeah, agreed.

Important to stress that this isn't just a West Brom issue, but a football stewarding issue in general. They are reactive, not proactive.

Had a West Ham fan near us in the North Bank once. Loads of people alerted the stewards, but it wasn't until it started getting a bit fighty that they did anything.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You’d like to see some credit somewhere for the behaviour of our fans. If the away end had responded to this provocation it didn’t look like there were enough Police and stewards to handle incidents at two ends of the ground and it could have escalated quickly.
Instead we get articles saying we were beastly to a man dressed as a central heating boiler.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are videos of the bloke in the white stone island coat singing **** off West Brom whilst sat amongst them, my sympathy only goes so far tbh.
Not seen that video, only the one of him singing it in the car

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d like to see some credit somewhere for the behaviour of our fans. If the away end had responded to this provocation it didn’t look like there were enough Police and stewards to handle incidents at two ends of the ground and it could have escalated quickly.
Instead we get articles saying we were beastly to a man dressed as a central heating boiler.
That's where loyalty schemes like away season tickets etc ... loyalty points.....comes into the equation..the vast majority of away premier league fans at all clubs l won't get involved in trouble as they are wary of losing there privaledges.....had the tickets been distributed willy nilly amongst the fan base , you would of had all and sundry there and it would of kicked off with the away fans as well....

Hazza

Reaction score
This for me too. My dad gets Daily Telegraph and article today goes on as much about flares/pyro in Wolves end as much as anything else.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
Not blaming it, but I don't see why they should have it. The fact they do is used to goad us, they shouldn't have that bragging right any more.
This just reminded me of how as a teenager I had to avoid swearing for that song as my dad is very strongly against it and I'd have been taken straight home. I think i used to sing "get lost west brom" instead....

....oh the family enclosure....great seats mind.

Hazza

Reaction score
I also dont get the arrest numbers.

4 WBA arrests. Presumably the bloodied man is one, the long grey haired guy another, the bearded one in cuffs in the photos is another and the woman who ran on. Is that it? Is that all they got on the day?

In fact one of the 4 was arrested in a pub pre match so it means one of those I’ve described above wasn’t nicked. Which I find crazy.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive spoken to an Albion fan this morning , actually he's an Ex top flight player ( not for them though ) he's ashamed and says its 100% down to them the ticketing , stewarding etc.

Trying to work out who that might be?!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive spoken to an Albion fan this morning , actually he's an Ex top flight player ( not for them though ) he's ashamed and says its 100% down to them the ticketing , stewarding etc.

It’s really ****ing me off. I have my wife here saying it’s 50/50 because Wolves fans shouldn’t have been in the home end, when it wasn’t them kicking off and getting violent. The media and journalists are scum. The lot of them can **** off back to their plastic stadiums.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s really ****ing me off. I have my wife here saying it’s 50/50 because Wolves fans shouldn’t have been in the home end, when it wasn’t them kicking off and getting violent. The media and journalists are scum. The lot of them can **** off back to their plastic stadiums.

How long has you wife been a jounro?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big difference in how the two clubs have handled it. WBA issued a statement yesterday implying it's their problem, with bans threatened for anybody found to have misbehaved in any way. Wolves, as far as I know, have said sweet FA about it. Exactly right. They know we have nothing to be ashamed of.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, inform the stewards and have them ejected.
Totally agree. Just think it's important to point out that it wasn't as straightforward as a defenceless innocent Wolves fan trying to escape. He was being an idiot and it's no surprise that it kicked off because of it.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long has you wife been a jounro?

It’s just that her narrow view of events is defined by what she sees on tv, or reads in the papers. As she’s not a Wolves fan, she doesn’t take time to watch the vlogs or the X posts which make it very clear it wasn’t “50/50” and as she knows I’m a fan, she’s not going to take my word for it. Well for 95% of the population that saw the reports, that will be their views too. Yet it’s really our scruffy violent cousins who really should shoulder the blame. 50/50 my ****.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just that her narrow view of events is defined by what she sees on tv, or reads in the papers. As she’s not a Wolves fan, she doesn’t take time to watch the vlogs or the X posts which make it very clear it wasn’t “50/50” and as she knows I’m a fan, she’s not going to take my word for it. Well for 95% of the population that saw the reports, that will be their views too. Yet it’s really our scruffy violent cousins who really should shoulder the blame. 50/50 my ****.
You’re usually a well reasonedand calm poster SW, I enjoy your posts. The weekend has really ruffled your feathers ( not surprisingly) I’m sat here reading your text trying to determine what swear words you’re using , I’m going for **** :)
UTW

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen that video, only the one of him singing it in the car
There is one I saw it yesterday.

Think he was with 2 mates. So that’s those 3 and the one in the corner. So 4 wolves fans that caused problems. I’ve not seen evidence of any others.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Sunday, it was the West B***m fans kicking off, but let's not pretend that we don't have our fair share of idiots, too. And to be fair, the violence has been condemned by most of their fans who were appalled by it.
Yeah but it wasn't our fans. And they have beat us plenty of times in the past without our fans almost inciting a riot inside the stadium.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is one I saw it yesterday.

Think he was with 2 mates. So that’s those 3 and the one in the corner. So 4 wolves fans that caused problems. I’ve not seen evidence of any others.

It is not a criminal offence to buy the ticket wherever you want. It is not a criminal offence to jump up when your team scores. It is a criminal offence to invade the pitch, injure a ball boy, disabled person , steward and policeman. Wolves fans showed no violence, did not invade the pitch, or try to attack anyone.
I wouldn’t like an Albion fan in the South Bank singing, but if I whacked him, it would be me who committed the offence, not him

Last edited:

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

4 WBA arrests. Presumably the bloodied man is one, the long grey haired guy another, the bearded one in cuffs in the photos is another and the woman who ran on. Is that it? Is that all they got on the day?

In fact one of the 4 was arrested in a pub pre match so it means one of those I’ve described above wasn’t nicked. Which I find crazy.
There is loads of video material avaliable, the police will go through it with face-recognition softwares, and nick people on the street during incoming weeks.
Much smoother than picking people directly in the ground, in front of hysterical fans...

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is not a criminal offence to buy the ticket wherever you want. It is not a criminal offence to jump up when your team scores. It is a criminal offence to invade the pitch, injure a ball boy, disabled person , steward and policeman. Wolves fans showed no violence, did not invade the pitch, or try to attack anyone.
I wouldn’t like an Albion fan in the South Bank singing, but if whacked him, it would be me who committed the offence, not him
Totally agree, point I was trying to make was 4 fans didn’t justify what happened.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t like an Albion fan in the South Bank singing, but if whacked him, it would be me who committed the offence, not him

Good point. Do the regular laws of assault not count inside football grounds? Would be fairly sure they do, exactly the same as in the street. In which case, it is the person doing the assaulting who has committed a crime. Wouldn't have thought dozens of home fans would be able to plead "self defence" against 3 or 4 away supporters. The other way round, more likely.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Long haired guy didn't get arrested did he? He made it back into his own stand I thought.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had quite a few rows with Albion fans this morning who can't seem to grasp that you can prevent away fans being in the home end by a) selling out your tickets b) stopping home fans from selling them on to away fans and c) stopping them from then entering the ground. You can also have some stewards eject them should they somehow get through?

Some of them are adamant Wolves should be fined (which we prob will be for the flare and chucking some bottles back), but on the ticket thing, they want us punished for something that is 100% their fault. Those Wolves fans may not even attend our games or have been banned by our club for all we/they know? Didn't stop them getting a ticket in the Albion or waltzing into the ground though apparently, what could Wolves have actually done or done differently on this?

When you've just embarrassed yourselves on national tv and have had to relinquish your self awarded best fans in the world title I can understand the urge to try and spread blame and try to justify the behaviour of their supporters, but its nonsense really. Perhaps we could also fined for winning a corner infront of your fans in the East stand and Tommy Doyles presence inciting them to throw a load of bottles?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve never been to a football local derby have you? I’m not condoning violence at all, but that’s what it’s like and not just at the BCD.

Its unfortunately true.
I always laugh when people trot out that the Liverpool derby game, they can walk to the ground, sit together..no trouble, best fans in the world blah,blah,blah.

3 years ago I got invited to go and I will tell you now there was full on fisticuffs between three Everton fans sitting with the Liverpool fans

Back
Top Bottom