Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thank you (re the Brighton game).
£67 to Avanti West Coast, £50 digs+ match ticket says sod that for a game of soldiers. Full strength please.
Some on this forum are daring to whisper Europe". Chucking the game at Brighton wouldn't be a good start.
We will win tomorrow. Brighton won’t like the PE teacher style (joke) smash and grab from us at the end hopefully!!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will win tomorrow. Brighton won’t like the PE teacher style (joke) smash and grab from us at the end hopefully!!
They did in August.

They always seem to do us, a very tough game. But I can see us getting a result.

Beating the Albion twice in a week will do just nicely..

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t access the link, what’s he said?
have tried to upload from facebook but vid will not play. he basically told about the game when albion beat wolves 5-1 when mccarthy got sacked and the hatred around the ground then the time when he played for watford and he had a howler and how the wolves fans got in his head....quite funny

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Best possible starting line up for tomorrow please.
The league still has to be the priority and accumulating as many points as quickly as possible to ensure we go again in the Premier League next season is a must.
Pretty sure West Brom would swap beating us next weekend for promotion. Hopefully they’ll get neither.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
If you think the boilers are not bothered about next week just read the comments on the BBC match report after losing 2-0 to Norwich. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67966139

Most of them are about the mighty Wolves - now who said they’re not bothered? Don’t let those rats kid you - this means everything to them and they’re crapping it.

Hope to god we smash them to bits!

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a couple of tickets become available, please keep me in mind, couldn’t get online to work, even visited the ticket office, to few tickets to satisfy the demand, but if you don’t ask and all that.

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
In my time watching Wolves as soon as you start thinking we should win a game or we are going to get hammered the football gods have something different to say.

I expect it will be a tough game if we get drawn into a battle as opposed to playing our football. At least we know we have some players that have the character to do that part of the game.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can anyone confirm there aren’t any trams running??

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always measured a good season when we've gone away and beaten a team who have previously given us grief at their place. Middlesbrough and Norwich come to mind.
I see Brighton as one of those grounds and doing them in their own back yard would be massive, and should not be underestimated.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would UEFA smash us with sanctions if we did qualify? Their rules are tighter than the PL rules and we've one warning around FFP against us already.
You would imagine would be something like last time. A small fine/slap on the wrist with agreed schedules in place. No way we’d pass the 3 year period, but the direction of travel is right.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think the boilers are not bothered about next week just read the comments on the BBC match report after losing 2-0 to Norwich. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67966139

Most of them are about the mighty Wolves - now who said they’re not bothered? Don’t let those rats kid you - this means everything to them and they’re crapping it.

Some weird comments about postcodes. Don't know if that guy is from Birmingham but if he thinks there are more Albion fans in the black country postcodes, DY, WV, WS I.e. none B, then his education is what I'd expect.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Monday night do we think Brighton fans will understand that 90 mins of wolves fans singing “we hate Albion” has nothing to do with them!!
Would love to hear that. Solid 90 mins. They’d be so befuddled, would be almost as bizarre as their imaginary rivalry with Palarse.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s quite pathetic to see them still harking on about something that happened over 20 years ago and the result of a game that happened 12 years ago, as if that gives them some sort of superiority over us.

They can keep their ‘choke season’ and Wo1ve5, hope it gives them some comfort in the years of Championship hell coming their way while we push for European football again. Would any of us swap the recent history of the two clubs just so we could bang on about a couple of results from decades ago? Would we ****!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of em started on my and my old man walking up to the Molineux once. I was about 7.

I ****ing hate them.

Had similar, after the 3-1 victory at Molineux when Ndah and Pollet scored.

I was circa 13/14, sat in the car park waiting to leave after the match, my Dad (then having just had a round of chemotherapy in the build up to the match) was punched in the face by an Albion fan through the car window that was open slightly. Completely blindsided. ****ers just ran off.

I’ve spent my whole life in London/ Surrey, but that incident has helped me somewhat develop the hatred of the Boggies the Wolverhampton natives must have.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had similar, after the 3-1 victory at Molineux when Ndah and Pollet scored.

I was circa 13/14, sat in the car park waiting to leave after the match, my Dad (then having just had a round of chemotherapy in the build up to the match) was punched in the face by an Albion fan through the car window that was open slightly. Completely blindsided. ****ers just ran off.

I’ve spent my whole life in London/ Surrey, but that incident has helped me somewhat develop the hatred of the Boggies the Wolverhampton natives must have.

Scum

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s quite pathetic to see them still harking on about something that happened over 20 years ago and the result of a game that happened 12 years ago, as if that gives them some sort of superiority over us.

They can keep their ‘choke season’ and Wo1ve5, hope it gives them some comfort in the years of Championship hell coming their way while we push for European football again. Would any of us swap the recent history of the two clubs just so we could bang on about a couple of results from decades ago? Would we ****!
I agree.
But , in truth, we know very well that we’d do exactly the same!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my time watching Wolves as soon as you start thinking we should win a game or we are going to get hammered the football gods have something different to say.

I expect it will be a tough game if we get drawn into a battle as opposed to playing our football. At least we know we have some players that have the character to do that part of the game.

It's going to be a tough game. Underestimating it and not realising they will be up for it and raise their game 50% would be a big mistake. Though GON has never shown even a hint of complacency ever, which is in his favour.

They seem much better at home than away, if this was at Molineux, I'd be thinking it was the right time to properly humiliate them. But away, brings it a lot closer. Any win, however scrappy and close, would be excellent! And TBH, wouldn't be too bothered about a draw and a replay to give them the thrashing they deserve!

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score

A load of them have wolves themed usernames. The obsession and fear is clear to see but they’ll never admit that. Cowardly bunch who’s sense of achievement revolves around their games against us. We’re always top of mind living rent free in their tiny minds.

Bring on Sunday.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
Some weird comments about postcodes. Don't know if that guy is from Birmingham but if he thinks there are more Albion fans in the black country postcodes, DY, WV, WS I.e. none B, then his education is what I'd expect.
Claiming Tipton, Sedgley and Coseley as Tesco strongholds is laughable. In my experience more Wolves or at a minimum 50/50 split. I’d hazard a guess we’ve overtaken them in the past few yrs.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Claiming Tipton, Sedgley and Coseley as Tesco strongholds is laughable. In my experience more Wolves or at a minimum 50/50 split. I’d hazard a guess we’ve overtaken them in the past few yrs.
Sedgley and Coseley prob 60/70% Wolves and always have been. Tipton is more even it’s closer to their dump

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tipton is definitely Albion. Go through the middle of it regularly and you see plenty of Albion shirts in the summer.

Coseley is split and Sedgley is pretty much Wolves.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Tipton is definitely Albion. Go through the middle of it regularly and you see plenty of Albion shirts in the summer.

I'd disagree hot fuss, I was originally from princes end and from what I remember it was mainly wolves back in the day.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we can claim they're more obsessed by us when we're disecting comments made by them under the Beeb's Norwich match report

Leemack

Reaction score

Nah it's 5a split for sure

I'm from Tipton and I'd say it's deffo split especially my friend group and extended who ya know group.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to the week of playing blue and White stripes & Albion a point and being in the 5th round hat will do me nicely.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough game. Underestimating it and not realising they will be up for it and raise their game 50% would be a big mistake. Though GON has never shown even a hint of complacency ever, which is in his favour.

They seem much better at home than away, if this was at Molineux, I'd be thinking it was the right time to properly humiliate them. But away, brings it a lot closer. Any win, however scrappy and close, would be excellent! And TBH, wouldn't be too bothered about a draw and a replay to give them the thrashing they deserve!
Complacency is the only real danger. We are a much better team than them. Even if they raise their game 50% they won't be able to match us if we play at anything close to our best. Burnley won that league last season with 101 points and look at how they are struggling. The gap in level between 5th in the Championship and top half of the Premier League (for all intents and purposes) is huge.

And as you rightly point out, complacency is not something we look prone to under GON

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only real worry is not having our better players available. If Cuhna, Neto, Lemina, Sarabia, Bellgarde and Dawson are all fit then we should win.

I saw the extended highlights of their game against Norwich and I think Neto and Cuhna would tear that defence a new one.

They will create chances and may score, but with all our players fit we 'should' have too much for them. I would even take a draw and get the back to Molineux.

Back
Top Bottom