Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could put out there under-18s and they'll still beat us; it's just how it is

The last time I can remember any happiness around this fixture was way back when Iwan Roberts toasted them; I think we actually did the double over them that season. Must be almost 20 years ago now.
Oh grow up man, I'm embarassed for you.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we do beat Brentford….

Yes, it’s gutting to be without RAN, Gomes and Hwang. Gomes in particular would have been perfect for this game. However, it’s also right at the end of the window. Could well have 1-2 in by then.

We just have to beat them. Zero excuses, it’s been way too long.

Bring it on. What football is all about.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
If we do beat Brentford….

Yes, it’s gutting to be without RAN, Gomes and Hwang. Gomes in particular would have been perfect for this game. However, it’s also right at the end of the window. Could well have 1-2 in by then.

We just have to beat them. Zero excuses, it’s been way too long.

Bring it on. What football is all about.
Doyle will have grown up with Manchester derbies

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame we’d be missing RAN, Joao Gomes and Hwang.
Not necessarily all of them. The ACN group matches finish on the 24th, so if Algeria (unlikely) and Mali (likely) don't progress we get RAN and Boubacar back in time for it. Likewise, S. Korea's last match is on the 25th, tho' its a long way home for Hwang.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any chance the afcon players being out of the tournament by then?

Be much more confident at home v these.

Draw really does open up. Gives us a chance to get to 5th round a nice home draw then we are really dreaming.

meeee67

Reaction score
Not necessarily all of them. The ACN group matches finish on the 24th, so if Algeria (unlikely) and Mali (likely) don't progress we get RAN and Boubacar back in time for it. Likewise, S. Korea's last match is on the 25th, tho' its a long way home for Hwang.
Should run back if we are playing tesco's

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its just not a derby in the national interest unfortunately

By national interest you mean inside the M25. or the North West. You can bet if Brentford had of come out against a London side that would have got highlighted as a potential derby in the centre of the universe !

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Okay.. I'll start with the customary, IF we beat Brentford, which is no gimme.

Anyway, if we beat Brentford this is not going to be an easy game... They've been used to playing in front of apathetic fans in a half empty stadium, then all of a sudden the stadium will be bouncing and they'll have a Premier league team to pit their wits against. Their players are going to be right up for it, make no mistake about that. We may take the **** about how **** they are, but they are in contention to be a premier league side next season, they will be no pushovers.

That said, we are doubtless the superior side, and if we keep our heads and are equally up for it, there's no reason we can't beat them. We have more for them to fear than they do us. I do think it's a game for Pedro as opposed to Sarabia, but I'm actually quite happy that it'll likely be Doyle instead of Gomes. Also, games like these are custom made for players Like Mario Lemina.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If she has such little knowledge of football she shouldn't be doing the draw.

I think it's a dreadful draw personally, we have a horrific record against them, especially at their place. Lose and given our comfortable position smack bang in the middle of the table ANOTHER defeat to them could completely derail our season.
I doubt that will happen.
Our players may not realize how significant this is…..the rivalry, history etc.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a dreadful draw personally, we have a horrific record against them, especially at their place. Lose and given our comfortable position smack bang in the middle of the table ANOTHER defeat to them could completely derail our season.

Derail what exactly? We're going to finish somewhere between 9th-14th... the FA Cup is our season now we're looking too good to go down.

Back
Top Bottom