Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford v Wolves FAC3 comms thread.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They clearly don't care about getting decisions right. If there was any debate with Gomes' red, you then get an almost identical challenge that the ref misses - in the same half of football! And they let it go
Ridiculous hey? And people wonder why fans are shouting there is corruption afoot.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont shoot me but in defence of the referees does this not highlight how difficult it is when its subjective?
Have seen combinations of every decision by posters for the 2 red cards so therefore whichever decision they make will be wrong in someones eyes.

Personally i cant understand how VAR hasnt given that damsgaard tackle though :tearsofjoy:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine Gary went to his post game comments with still images of both tackles and asked the media to explain the difference haha
Unfortunately I think GON is too nice for that and has openly said he is doing things the right, respectful way.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not that I like this sort of behaviour but we need to be a bit more reactive when it comes to fouls and refereeing decisions, because our opponents are. No real heartfelt protests about the red card to at least plant a seed in VAR's mind and no fuss about the Damsgaard tackle either. Maybe most of our players didn't see it but they should have been running over to Damsgaard and having at him and protesting to the referee. The only one who knows how to play the game is Hwang. Like I said, I don't like it but everyone else does it and it's costing us. We're too meek in flashpoints and referees don't feel under pressure.
Too right we should, the amount of time we get shafted, it’s pay back time.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference between the two incidents, is Damsgaard's had malicious intent, where our's was going for the ball, with no malicious intent.

Would love to play that back to the ref and ask him exactly why one was a red and the other not even a free kick. I get that football is a fast moving game. If it's just that he didnt' see it as we are on slow motion replays, then thats' fine, I can accept that. However, we have VAR. What is the point of VAR of it isn't adding to what the referee sees in real time? All the years they talked about video tech, it was all about correcting decisions that referees couldn't see in real time. Yet it seems totally selective whether they use it or not. Can they explain the rational behind that?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s play a drinking game. Take a gulp every time the ref stops the game

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I’m moaning at Gillet but it was that woman who is actually in charge. Oh who am I kidding, they’re all as bad as each other and all as corrupt as each other.

I don’t see how you can look at that and not have the Gomes red card in your mind and give the same punishment.

It’s just *******s and it’s ruining the game.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will lemina be back for the Brighton game? Any chance Mali could be knocked out of the AFCON tournament by then. We need physicality in midfield.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we r down to 10 men but we haven't shown much at all
Tbf, I think there have been moments, but not looking anything like a danger going forward tonight. Seems our players are backing up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom