Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brentford v Wolves FAC3 comms thread.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a red for me - he’s caught his heel so it’s a yellow, but it’s not hard, there’s no intent, his studs aren’t up, there’s no speed or force - it’s a yellow.
It's low, but he's straightening his leg out and he hit the lad hard enough that he couldn't continue. It's a red.

Really dumb too. Just too exuberant. He has to be in more control than that.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
You have to see where the game is now. A few years ago it would of been a yellow. He went in studs up and raked down the achilles. Did he put the opponent in danger? Their player was subbed off with an injury so I would say, Yes.

Stupid tackle to make imo. Now leaves us very short in centre mid for next month.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle and Santi Bueno had started really well.

If we can keep it tight until 50-60 minutes, could see Neto coming on and offering a threat on the break like against Luton.

Big ask though.
I don't think its a big ask. they can both go balls out for 90 mins to fill the gap left by Gomes.

Its not like were playing again next week is it?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soft red, but understandable. But I would say Brentford are seeking every advantage from the ref they can. They thoroughly crowded the ref around the Gomes challenge and go down easily. It’s an aspect of Brentford’s play that I don’t like and why I don’t share the love of TF.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soft red, but understandable. But I would say Brentford are seeking every advantage from the ref they can. They thoroughly crowded the ref around the Gomes challenge and go down easily. It’s an aspect of Brentford’s play that I don’t like and why I don’t share the love of TF.

Frank is an absolute ****er.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would be inclined to take Sarabia off and put Hodge on for his work rate if nothing else. Usually when I post this kind of crap the player (Sarabia) pops up and scores fingers crossed

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit unlucky in the sense of how he caught him, don't think there was any malice in it but he's stretching and it's a red. Hoping for a draw now to get rid of one of his suspended games because we're seriously short in midfield!
Exactly, something can be accidental AND dangerous. He didn't mean it but he's properly done him.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely. If that was say , Van Dyke , on Cunha at Anfield. It would have been a yellow and no one , even with their angry faces , will convince me otherwise
For me a red has to be a malicious or intentional dangerous foul play. I’ve seen worse given yellows I just don’t understand the game any more

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Never a dangerous play".... except the player is literally out of the game. So... it was dangerous?
Sasa went off injured after a challenge at the start of last season, was that dangerous play?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes no sense at all. Players get injured from tackles that aren't dangerous all the time.
Sure, but one where the studs come down on his ankle and heel, causing his foot to bend the opposite way?

Back
Top Bottom