Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Everton comms thread.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sincere condolences to Mario and his family and friends on the passing of his father. You are much loved by the Wolves family Mario and we are all supporting you.

As for this afternoon's match, I suspect that this will be the most difficult of the three festive season games. We will have to be at our very best to secure the 3 points, but I think our boys will know that and will give it their best shot.

So COYW let's make it 3 wins on the trot! :D

Also, A very healthy and prosperous New Year to you all and thanks for the likes. It is good to feel appreciated! :D

1703944850833.png

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have had Sarabia out for Traore or Bellegarde for a 3 man midfield. Lemina is a big loss and you need to win the midfield against a Dyche team.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fine with that team. If it wasn’t for his recent illness, probably would have gone with Traore for Lemina to combat their athleticism but Doyle has generally done ok when he’s played.

Fear we may struggle a little physically (especially aerially) today.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Doyle get the shirt, this is the kind of game where his range of passing could be really needed, as they will no doubt swarm and use physical power in the midfield to rush the ball carrier.

So sometimes to keep them honest, a bit more of a risky ball over the top for the likes of hwang, cunha, semedo (he does this better than most in the squad) and RAN to run onto.

This will be a real test for the lads today, but if they play with the intent and willingness to be more attacking of the last two performances, I can see us putting Everton to the sword in a tight but entertaining 1:0 or 2:1 to the good guys!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have gone with Traore, but what do I know! Everton without Doucoure and Gueye, so maybe not as physical as they can be. Onana still a big player for them and with 3/5 at the back, could be tough to break down, so that's maybe why GON has preferred Doyle.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine with that team. If it wasn’t for his recent illness, probably would have gone with Traore for Lemina to combat their athleticism but Doyle has generally done ok when he’s played.

Fear we may struggle a little physically (especially aerially) today.

Bellegarde should be a useful sub later. Brings a bit of bit and experience.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking Mario missed 2 league matches because of suspension? Just trying to remember how we coped without him.

Bournemouth away we coped reasonably well, but Bournemouth weren't so good then and were down to 10 men for a large chunk of it.

Arsenal away in which we were totally swamped without him and Bellegarde and Traore were pretty awful defensively. We were missing Gomes for that game too though I think.

So all in all, think Doyle is the right replacement.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have gone Traore, but doesn't feel like a clear and obvious error, so happy to stick with the on bench decision!

Jeru360

Reaction score
Like that Doyle is given a start. Thinking Traore maybe not fit for 90. Expect to see Sasa late in the game.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected Traore to start rather than Doyle, but this is a good opportunity for him to show what he can do. Certainly more creative than Traore.
He is but I'm concerned whether he has the physical presence that's needed against the Everton midfield .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice pace to the game from us. Physicality total miss match. We look ok so far.

Nice to hear the north bank in fine voice with their one chant per season

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Lads - why are you still nervy most games to hit in such a good position? Hwang should whack it and that is surely 1-0.

Decent start though.

Back
Top Bottom