Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea Verdict

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been to day, helping prepare the Christmas vegs and I didn't feel that great this morning so stayed home. But I did watch it on the TV.

Rode our luck a bit to be fair, but a win is really great. With us on 22 points another 3 or 4 wins should see us stay up.

Happy Christmas everyone. Enjoy the win
And happy Xmas to you……hope you feel better.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Great win considering we had a very weak squad overall due to illness and injury. Chelsea had quality (on paper) to bring on from the bench whereas we just had the bare bones of our squad. Could and should have been behind (Praise the Lord for Sterling's terrible decison making). We grew into the game as the first half wore on and created some decent chances. Started the second half strongly and deserved our goal, could have been two or even three up. Then Chelsea had a few moments and when Dawson went off it was backs to the walls. That said, we still looked dangerous on the break and it wasn't surprising when we scored a second. Draw would have probably been a fair result but delighted with win.

Good news about Dawson too, just a deep cut which kept on opening when he walked (hence, he that to be helped off). GON said he should be okay for Brentford. Special mentions for Lemina, Gomes, Gomes (!) and Semedo, who were great. Would have given man of the match to Joao Gomes overall. Would have loved to have seen that Gomes (Joao) cross to Gomes (Toti) go in just after half time.

On to Brentford with a knackered team and I would take a draw, given Brentford have a huge advantage in having the weekend off. Hopefully we'll see Bellegard back and Neto in the squad. Up the Wolves and Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You didn’t find today’s game nervy?……We were very lucky today, imo.

I didn’t think Wolves were lucky. Yes, Chelsea had a few chances, but so did we. Considering that GO had injury and illness problems in his squad, I thought the players did very well. Losing Dawson as well was a big blow, but I thought the team coped well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted with that. The lads really know how to ramp it up in games like this. Forced Chelsea in to errors all over the pitch and played some decent stuff at times.

Our defence was all over the place (centrally) for long periods but luckily Chelsea can finish a dinner.

Happy days.

Happy Christmas.

Let’s all have a drink!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can’t we play like that more often?? Direct
Please no! If you took the 4 stands away you could have been watching a game in West Park! Little skill from either side, basic mistakes all over the park, kick and run. We were poor I thought, Chelsea were worse, after they decided early on not to score against us till the end!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You didn’t find today’s game nervy?……We were very lucky today, imo.
Very lucky is harsh I think, yes we had a lot of last ditch defending early on and last 5 minutes , but we also created chances. From the RAN 'injury' till we scored the first goal, I thought we played well and controlled the game quite well.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we deserved to win if you analyse the game properly, but that's not a criticism, they've got so many talented players going forward.

What Sterling did was unforgivable from their perspective, and if it goes 0-1 it's a different game entirely.

But, what can you ask from us? We're not as talented as them individually, so we have to fight, battle, and do all we can - which we did. As a fan, that's all you want, so I'm absolutely delighted.

I thought Joao Gomes in the last 30-40 minutes was incredible. Lemina in the first half was equally as good, and deserves MOTM for the goal.

I've criticised Semedo previously, but he warrants plenty of praise today, an excellent performance.

It's easy to join in taking the **** out of Chelsea, but I really don't think they're far from being very, very good, so that is some win IMO.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky win

Both teams absolutely dreadful. Playing out from the back is killing teams. Hwang and Cunha look permanently knackered

Toti gomes so much better with ait nouri playing, and we play so much better. Ait nouri passes or makes a run quickly , compared to bueno who is hesitant and puts pressure on toti.

Lemina MOTM by a mile, closely followed by Gomes and Semedo.

The beauty of a corner going straight into the box and beating the first man!

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Please no! If you took the 4 stands away you could have been watching a game in West Park! Little skill from either side, basic mistakes all over the park, kick and run. We were poor I thought, Chelsea were worse, after they decided early on not to score against us till the end!
and Merry Christmas to you.........

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 6
Semedo 7
Dawson 7
Killman 6.5
Toti 6.5
Ait-Nouri 7
Gomes 7
Lemina 9*
Sarabia 6
Cunha 6
Hwang 6

Doyle 5.5
Doc 7
Bueno 7
Santi Bueno 6.5

We did our best to commit hari kiri in the first half on several occasions but luckily Chelsea forwards were not at their best. We lacked precision in our passes and far too many turnovers. As usual the lack of a proper centre forward cost us in so many ways. As usual Sa was determined to do something stupid.
Much better in the second half and in the end deserved the win with the requisite nerve- shredding last five minutes when we allowed Chelsea to score so easily. Main positive is the team spirit and the atmosphere in the ground thanks to our passionate supporters.
Lack of squad depth shown again by that skeletal bench. Never understand why Sasa never gets a look in. 22 points will do for now and we await to see whether the club can bring in a couple of quality attackers in January with AIt-Nouri, Hwang, Traore all away.
I think Bellegarde might have prospered today and I am hoping we are going to see a lot more of him. Sarabia has some quality but is physically too weak and has no pace. Ait-Nouri looked good on his return and is a quality player who will help the cause if he can stay fit.

That new centre forward, if he can be found, can't arrive soon enough, plus hopefully another winger. A good day today in the end and happy for Gary and the boys. Lemina was superb and should be captain. Hope his dad is going to be ok.

Guo was there for a change so perhaps that is a good sign for January reinforcements? Neto surely on the bench at least for Brentford???

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s our level now, put a shift in

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed we did not keep a clean sheet. SA should have punched the ball from reaching the scorer. Still very pleased with the 3 points.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Santa went to the South of France in a Ford Cortina. He came back with a midfielder, Mario Lemina !!!!
Huge 3 points today and 22 points at this stage is excellent. Loved GON jumping around like a fan when the final whistle went. He’s getting the most out of what’s possibly our most limited squad since promotion.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the balance of play, probably didn’t deserve to win. But they have spent, literally 1billion pounds. We have 10billion pounds of heart in the middle of the field with Lemina and Gomes.

I love Gomes, amazed how sometimes underrated on here he seems to be.

Lemina though. For me, he’s up there with one of our best pound for pound signings since Bully. I genuinely wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

We ain’t perfect, but this is the best I have felt bout Wolves since Nuno. The players care.

Merry Christmas one and all, the wine tastes that bit sweeter tonight.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good entertainment for the neutral, thank god Sterling is a greedy sod.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the balance of play, probably didn’t deserve to win. But they have spent, literally 1billion pounds. We have 10billion pounds of heart in the middle of the field with Lemina and Gomes.

I love Gomes, amazed how sometimes underrated on here he seems to be.

Lemina though. For me, he’s up there with one of our best pound for pound signings since Bully. I genuinely wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

We ain’t perfect, but this is the best I have felt bout Wolves since Nuno. The players care.

Merry Christmas one and all, the wine tastes that bit sweeter tonight.
Actually I thought we did , particularly second half. Could have been 4 each tbf. But Chelsea were all over the place at times

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great result. Enjoyed the performance but I missed the first 25 minutes which probably helped.

Just read that Chelsea were wearing their third kit today, darker blue. World’s gone mad.
You did the right thing missing the first 25, that was the worst of us, all over the shop at the back and clinging on. We were much improved after that and controlled the game quite well I thought, at least up till their goal.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we played that well, bar Lemina, Semedo and RAN who were excellent; too many mistakes and misplaced passes. Fortunately Chelsea were worse and we took our chances (really!) whilst they didn’t.
Two bang average middle of the table teams.
However, would have taken two draws from WHU away and Chelsea at home all day long so to get 3 points today (especially after being utter Kak against WHU) is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom